Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

notme:
"[..]? Maybe the universe would end - and it would be awesome!" - since it took me and Google too long to figure out that this catchy phrase was invented here in the "No More Heroes" review I hereby hack the internet to find it faster next time.

You're kidding. It's become a meme?

I get a good laugh every instance Yahtzee mentions jrpg's. I'm not crazy for fps games mind you, for me there little more then a techie's masturbatory method of showcasing his computer specs. Every fps is the exact same game, insert different graphics.

I use to love jrpg's untill every character in every game started preaching political, theological views and morals. It's not just their rpg's either. I allmost wanted to slit my wrists playing metal gear 4. I'm not a smelly pot smoking hippie, so naturaly I don't care to be preached at by japanese philosophy majors. In our country these people graduate to eventual teach the same drek or join the ranks of the homeless.

Anyway keep it up Yhatzee this shits gear.

DiamondJack:
I get a good laugh every instance Yahtzee mentions jrpg's. I'm not crazy for fps games mind you, for me there little more then a techie's masturbatory method of showcasing his computer specs. Every fps is the exact same game, insert different graphics.

I use to love jrpg's untill every character in every game started preaching political, theological views and morals. It's not just their rpg's either. I allmost wanted to slit my wrists playing metal gear 4. I'm not a smelly pot smoking hippie, so naturaly I don't care to be preached at by japanese philosophy majors. In our country these people graduate to eventual teach the same drek or join the ranks of the homeless.

Anyway keep it up Yhatzee this shits gear.

Lesson #391 of... well... life in general... "Do not speak unless you have something to say."

Ah well, Yahtzee can't always be right about game reviews... Just curious though; I DID hate DMC4 if only because it was completely inferior gameplay-wise to DMC3 (due to there being half as many weapons) but how could you call No More Heroes' combat 'great' and Devil May Cry 4's 'passable'?

Also, seconding with as strong a voice as I can that God Hand completely obliterates this game in terms of combat, uniqueness and, most importantly of all, humour.

I hate that some games just comes to one console=/ Whanted to try this game:P Great episode!;D

One of the few internet videos that have made me laugh!

I love this review. It's my favorite of the bunch. I finally found a copy of Killer 7 the other day, brought it home, and showed it to my wife.

She goes, "Oh, what's that?"

I stuck the corner of the box in my mouth, and she instantly goes "Ohhhhhh! Awesome!"

Good times. :)

Edit: I feel I should also point out the that the name of my band in Rock Band/RB2 is......

"Branston Pickle Overdrive"

*no wait thats too obvious*

i rofled before it had even started

haha - thanks yahtzee

I actually got my hands on this game recently. I've played through only the first two targets and I would like to see the rest of the game as being good. Although the animation is a bit chunky, I would like to say it's fun to play. Also, Yahtzee's review is right on and I wish I had bought Killer 7 when it came out.

I love the Muse and I'm glad to see their music in this review

no more heroes looks a great game.

I FUCKING LOVE ASSASSIN!

I wonder if branston pickle sales have gone up internationally due to Yahtzee's near-constant endorsement.

i've got this game and it is rather good

I've been watching this show for two days straight starting from most recent to older I've gotten to this part and I'm worried you know that inner monologue you have when your thinking well i swear mines turned british and his voice has anyone else experienced this does it go away p.s i thought i was the only person who liked killer 7 good to know that's not true

Everything Yahtzee said. Also, the collision detection during the bike-riding sequence is rot. Fortunately, crashing your bike doesn't hurt you or this would be a more serious problem.

LOL'd at the dragon ball z thing.

Quick side note: wasn't Killer7 the name of a Magnum in Resident Evil 4?

Four years a go I got a Wii, watch this episode and bought No More Heroes, Thank you Yahtzee.

STRAWBERRY ON THE SHORTCAKE!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or