Zero Punctuation: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I have to say that this is one of the funniest ZPs he's done in a long long time. The overwhelming urge to watch again is pulling at me even as I type.

I'm actually happy that Yahtzee likes this game. It might be difficult at times but it treats us whith some of the best FPS action out there.

Bugs aside, I've enjoyed Clear Sky far more than Shadow of Chernobyl, as the small localisation details appear more polished. The bugs are things that will be sorted in a future patch - small localisation details (grammar, etc) rarely get a look-in after shipping.

Also, DirectX10 Clear Sky is AMAZING compared to the chug-tastic DirectX9 version. Get Vista.

I loved that episode, His video crashing was hilarious lol -_- 0_0 XD

After watching this I've gotten this hankering to play "Eternal Darkness". I think it was the bit about the game being in cahoots with your system and crashing. =P

this is the best ZP in months. They're all great, but this one was amazing

Brilliant ending, specially the baboon part.

As usual, great job there, Yahtzee! Keep it up!

I was just about to close the browser when the first "error" appeared. Hilarious review nonetheless.

Well done!

Yahtzee is great at using immersion effects, that BSoD made me feel like I was really playing STALKER Clear Sky.

*sigh* I've always liked ZP. Yahtzee is a great reviewer. He says what is good about a game and what he hates in a very funny way. The stupid people dont see it but Yahtzee is one of the few reviewers who is unbiased. I must say it is a refreshing change. Top notch job Mr. Crowshaw (first post, i have to get the general praise in there)

wow that was my favorite episode ever! congrats yahtzee you evil genuis.

Nice review as usual, the crashing gag was very well put xD i bursted laughing.As for ESS TEE A EL KAY EEE ARR It's above most recent fps's but this is what really defines HARD i got a friend who is all over it i on the other hand, am not as much addicted to it xD.

Laughed at the crashing joke, good review. Haven't played Clear Sky but I played the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and wasn't too impressed by it mainly because I forgot to quick save every other step and died...a lot...

i wonder how long your men would last without you in a gun fight

i have only one comment on this clip...

HOW DARE YOU CALL HEINEKEN BEER?????!!!!!!!!!!
it's NOT beer, but rather water with a funny colour and smell

IT
IS
NOT
BEER

I laughed way harder at the skipping crash than I should have....

ripper_hugme:

Sir_Montague:
Who is Michael Atkinson? Saw his name at the end of the show... Jw!

He's the head of Australian 'Censorship everything for no good reason League' (also known as the classification board).

I thought he would mention the very broken English of the dialogue, still very funny none the less hey buddy good times.

Also WTH is with the pothead Freedom bartender? That's the sort of thing I thought the classification board of Australia would stomp on. But I guess you can't actually smoke 'herb' in game as opposed to say using morphine like in Fallout 3(which is what caused censorship of drug names in all versions).

Close, Michael Atkinson is the Attorney-General of my home state South Australia. For some reason a unanimous decision is needed with the other state's AGs to make a "R" classification for games here. (An "R" classification in Oz means restricted to 18+ years of age, like "X" in the US of A).

This git is the only state AG who refuses steadfastly to give the go ahead; thinking that somehow kiddies are the only ones interested in comp gaming instead of 48 yo.s like myself. I got over playing Pong a while ago; I wish he would. Actually I wish he would go away quietly and die as I really resent this singular fart imposing his patronising values on myself and the rest of my fellow gaming countrymen.

The upshot is games get banned or neutered in ridiculous ways here and he is deservedly despised by the Oz gaming community. Oh, and I might add as a result of this idiot's policy many games slip under the net that you might actually NOT want your kids to play.

Hm, I never played the first game because I couldn't get it to run without having one type of looping lock-up aneuryism or another. I could at least get to the menu, but applying the patch 'fixed' even that.

Sounds like I won't be bothering with this one either.

Haha, the video was great but it all came together at the end. Win.

I RLY THOUGHT MY COMPUTER F***** UP ON THAT ONE PART

Get out of here Stalker!

Michael_McCloud:

Put short: It's a joke. May be somewhat mean to the furries, but I honestly think that only a handful really care. Hell, I laughed at it. Now here's a smiley sticker. Come back when you're old enough to have a proper sense of what's funny.

As a furry, I can't possibly see how the reference was mean our group. I thought it was hilarious personally.

I must be mad, but i had fun in both stalker games.

DiddyWolf:

Michael_McCloud:

Put short: It's a joke. May be somewhat mean to the furries, but I honestly think that only a handful really care. Hell, I laughed at it. Now here's a smiley sticker. Come back when you're old enough to have a proper sense of what's funny.

As a furry, I can't possibly see how the reference was mean our group. I thought it was hilarious personally.

Exactly. I was kicking that other bloke in the crotch for his lack of humor.

Stalker was great. Buggy as hell though.

I found the game unbelievably hard at start even on easy mode. Your gun can't hit crap and you die couple of shots and all enemys have 100% accuracy.

Michael_McCloud:

From being a Furrie myself I agree. in fact it's like a compliment. We are the hardest setting! woot lol

Fooled me with that lag thing, I thought my computer was messed up. D:

I've got to admit that I was hyped for Clear Sky since SoC was such a good game... there's really nothing to brag about the sequel, though.

The patches are getting beyond ridiculous now. They accidentaly released 1.5.06 which was actually a pre-release test version, but it actually works better for me than the official patch 1.5.07, which is much slower, has the old graphical glitches from previous versions that were fixed in *06 and about a billion new ones.

well i have a pretty beefy rig now. brand new core2duo 3.5GHz and an 8800gtx backed up by 2gb memory and fast hdd.....it ran shite....crysis ran better!...yes gsc game world crysis ran better!

I was hoping that they would get rid of the crash bugs in this one seeing as when i bought the first S.T.A....ah screw it STALKER...when i bought the first STALKER game and tried to play it, i couldnt even get it to work out of the box, closest i ever got before all the patches was seeing nothing in the game (of course the start screen and loading screen worked fine) but could hear people and move around apparently (main cuz the fat ass in the first one kept tell me to come here and then a dialog would start). I find it funny that for the most part they kept all the flaw's in the game (basing this off the Yahtzee review i havent played the game yet) as well.

I mean the first game's enemies were pumped up tank armor wearing junkies as well. I really loved the first game with one exeption...the weapon degrading...i mean i just got out of the military, i know how a weapon jams...but with a clean working weapon u can fire that puppy all day..its when you stop firing and not clean it again that it starts jamming. Of course there are few rare exeptions to that as well (i mean i never actually seen a M16A2 assualt rifle break in half or anything but im sure it has happened somewhere) great review though...very top knotch compared to most gaming magazines...

Eight pages and not one person mentions that it's a mandrill and not a baboon.

Soooooooooo..................................
What was the final veredict?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or