Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

He has got to have some kind of mental health issue. That just isn't normal. I don't care what part of the world you live in.

HardRockSamurai:

Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know if he booked a honeymoon?

why book a honeymoon when his room is cheaper... hopefully he has his own house/apartment.

why? they'll allow this but when it comes to men/men or woman/woman it's "NO FUCKING WAY! >:( "

lucky_sharm:
Think about it, people. Aleast he's never going to have kids of his own in the future. Maybe if more people were into this sort of thing...

then the population would drop drastically and humanity as we know it will end.

So if I lit this guy's pillow on fire, could they technically throw my ass in jail for murder?

Do pillows have rights? Do people rank pillows above homosexuals on the civil rights chain? Will there be legions of pillows, lining the streets of Washington, demanding they be given more rights?

In all seriousness, though: This is fucking stupid.

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

I just don't get it, why are they the crazy ones?

Who the hell knows? it's like asking why a coffee mug is made of ceramic.

spartan773:

lucky_sharm:
Think about it, people. Aleast he's never going to have kids of his own in the future. Maybe if more people were into this sort of thing...

then the population would drop drastically and humanity as we know it will end.

We're overpopulated right now, aren't we? Our resources don't seem to be lasting very long at this rate. Besides, no one is forcing anyone to marry any anime body pillows.

*sighhhhhhhhh*............just wowwwww.....well, this totally beats that one japanese guy that married a video game character off his DS. http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/16/japan.virtual.wedding/index.html

He could at least have put out some cash and get someone to make and inflatable love doll, that actually looked like said naime girl...

stranger things have happened.. i dont know what, but ya...

Why is this news?
Seriously.

Guy just wants his 15 minutes of fame. Don't give it to him I say.

The only thing creepier then the fact he married a pillow is that you suddenly made doing the laundry dirty.

It says something about culture that people in in Korea and Japan can be dedicated enough to a fictional character to marry it. In America we're not so dedicated, but what does it mean? Hum... perhaps a romantic like me was born in the wrong country... or maybe they're all insane.

Obviously this guy is a genious, he knows that if that pillow sheet factory thingie ever creates real life robots and make a fortune he can divorce the pillow and get half her billion dollar companie.

Wait what it doesn't work that way? hmmm then I'll take the obvious road and say /facepalm and go hide under my rock untill people get their sanity back.

Well, like Seanbaby said, when they invent the holodeck it's the end of humanity. Wonder if sexbots will do the same thing?

This reminds me of the Avatar obsession and people getting depressed that it ended.

Although I didnt' see it in 3d. Maybe that's what did it.

Well, at least with a pillow girlfriend a cool reception is a good thing :)

His favorite anime heroine is a ghost from Pacman?

Wow, we still ban gay marriage and yet some Korean guy can get married to a goddamn pillow, what the hell is wrong with the world?

imageimage
Facepalms by the thousands!

I would love to witness someone violate this pillow or in the case of that Nisan character, the pillowcase. The expression upon their faces would be utterly priceless.

I was gonna post something a little longer and thoughtful, but I think Bourne pretty much summed up my feelings. Facepalms by the thousands indeed!

Meh.

Yep, this just beat the man who married his DS.

Society really has taken a turn for the worst if THIS is allowed _

Bourne:
imageimage
Facepalms by the thousands!

I would love to witness someone violate this pillow or in the case of that Nisan character, the pillowcase. The expression upon their faces would be utterly priceless.

Well said good sir.

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

I remember some americans marrying their Barbies.

Besides that, i actually don't point and laugh.
I don't even shake my head, i am just sad for the poor guy and for the desperation that must reign his hearth and soul (and i am NOT speaking religious sould here, i mean the one that makes you physically sick when you are really unhappy and or depressed).

Spasticeagle:
Wow, we still ban gay marriage and yet some Korean guy can get married to a goddamn pillow, what the hell is wrong with the world?

Humans that just lost the overview, that is.

Soon to be: "Man goes on honeymoon with semen stained Anime body pillow".

I'm going to look at the bright side. For every guy like him there are less people competing with me for real women.

Oh look: Here's the bride herself. I can see why he chose to put a dress on it: http://www.figure.fm/cgm/ecommerce/figure/images/large/b3e1317b8f97c101b304664ebed15d5a.jpg

A man just married a pillow, but gay people can't get married? What.

Ah well, at least there's no threat of him reproducing.

will1182:
His parents must be so proud of him...

oh god... oh god oh god....

I can see disinheritence and honourable suicide warring inside his fathers head..

OT

whats that? I raff I ruse?

jeez, my faith in humanity is just a dying ember

Furburt:

Or are they just extreme attention seekers?

This story is somehow amusing and deeply depressing at the same time.

I don't get it. I suppose if one did truly fall in love with an inanimate object, than marrying it would be the next step.
If one dragged one's pillow around people would think he was batshit bonkers, but if he was married to said pillow, people would understand?
I guess that's what happens when you mix love with super fanboyism.
Then again, Korea is in a political stagnant situation, so small anarchaic things like this might be common, or perhaps even cilvilized, but I still don't get it.
Probably 'cause I'm not supposed to.

Seriously guys, watch the video, dude buys a meal for himself and the pillow (I don't think she was hungry that day). It does give me joy that all the other Asians (not sure if he's meant to be in Japan or Korea) thought he was nutso too though.

I have to say, I think this and the DS lover is bullsh*t, I just don't buy it, seriously funny however.

Imagine when they're sleeping, he'll keep rolling her to have the cold side to lay on. Lol...

Some people have issues...

However the realistic sexbots might as well doom us all... or save the world from over population. (damn the economy)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here