Hands-On: DC Universe Online

Pages PREV 1 2

I think I had a fanboy-gasm when Black Adam yelled "SHAZAM!" to use the magic lighting as a weapon

anyways...now that I went and changed my pants...

just another reason I'm saving up for a PS3

No 360? ='( shame *sniffle*

And that is possibly the most badass trailer i have ever seen! By the way, who is the Giant Breasted Women o.O

This article has definitely piqued my interest, especially after having seen the Comic Con trailer. I particularly liked that you can tackle these adventures solo. I recently quit WoW. The biggest reason I did so was because I'm a huge fan of the mythology Blizzard created for Azeroth and wanted to experience those huge, epic storylines. Unfortunately they were all raids, and I could never do them either because A) I could never find a good enough guild who had enough players who could get together to do them and/or B) I wasn't geared enough. And since I couldn't participate and experience those stories to their conclusion, it no longer seemed worth it to continue playing. So it's refreshing to hear that in DCUO that I can take on these quests primarily solo and, while I can bring friends along, grouping isn't essential for success. Given that it's being developed on a console, which is geared more for solo play, as well as PC, that sounds logical.

But as a DC fan I'm especially looking forward to it. Hell, I might have both a hero AND a villain for my alt, as I'd love to rub elbows with Black Manta (hence my icon).

Everytime I see the video and I see Luthor stabbing Superman,I can only imagine Lex saying something along the lines of "For the Emperor!" or "Die,xeno!".He looks so much like a space marine.

god damn it more convincing my stepdad i dont own a ps3 and my laptop still getting repaird shit

So frickin' hyped for this game!

I wonder if i can be Kryptonian?

EDIT: Will there be a monthly fee for the PS3?

This better not be expensive.

Quaxar:

Chipperz:

Quaxar:
I will need to have an eye on this one, didn't even know it comes also for the PS3. So, anyone know what playable characters we're getting? Because if they give us GL and Flash I'll be over that game like a cat over food it's not allowed to eat!

You don't play the "named" character - the idea is that the major characters of the DC Universe are recruiting loads of new heroes and villains to fight Braniac, a villain I still can't take seriously because he has the same name as a science-based comedy/educational show.

Still, no option for pure badass normal human? I guess I'll go, like, technology then...

Oh, I'm fine with anyone from the sector 2814's GL Corps.

Brainiac? I hope he doesn't blow as many caravans up as the British one!

Bleh, the Green Lantern is still technically magic (I'll admit, I looked up what 3814 GL Corps was...). I want someone like the Punisher... Only in the DC universe. Someone who takes on criminals using resourcefulness, skill and downright refusal to die. Batman would be that if he didn't have the tech, but he does, so he's lost the "badass normal human" award.

And yeah, my first thought when I saw the trailer was "so many caravans... So little time..."

Chipperz:

Quaxar:

Chipperz:

Quaxar:
I will need to have an eye on this one, didn't even know it comes also for the PS3. So, anyone know what playable characters we're getting? Because if they give us GL and Flash I'll be over that game like a cat over food it's not allowed to eat!

You don't play the "named" character - the idea is that the major characters of the DC Universe are recruiting loads of new heroes and villains to fight Braniac, a villain I still can't take seriously because he has the same name as a science-based comedy/educational show.

Still, no option for pure badass normal human? I guess I'll go, like, technology then...

Oh, I'm fine with anyone from the sector 2814's GL Corps.

Brainiac? I hope he doesn't blow as many caravans up as the British one!

Bleh, the Green Lantern is still technically magic (I'll admit, I looked up what 3814 GL Corps was...). I want someone like the Punisher... Only in the DC universe. Someone who takes on criminals using resourcefulness, skill and downright refusal to die. Batman would be that if he didn't have the tech, but he does, so he's lost the "badass normal human" award.

And yeah, my first thought when I saw the trailer was "so many caravans... So little time..."

What about the Green Arrow? Apart from him being an unlikeable nature-loving idiot he's practically powerless. Okay granted, he has had some safe cracking and nuclear warhead arrows at times, but his only weapons are arrows after all.

Mmm, looks very, very, very interesting. I've signed up for the Beta key and I'm hoping I get it. I've been avoiding MMO's for a while now. Mainly because my PC is more than 6 years old and has very old tech. So most recent game wont run on it. However given that this game is coming out for the PS3... I don't have to worry about that. I think I heard somewhere that you'll be able to play online with PC and PS3 players a like, cross platform. I'm not sure if this is true or not so if some one could confirm this I'd be very greatful.

Otherwise looking forward to it.

lyrandar:
Gritty Superman, really? I mean I'd heard that Christopher Nolan may have been working on rebooting the character, but that gritty?

I don't think that Superman in the trailer was gritty... Just pushed over the edge. With the looks of things in the trailer... The shit has really hit the fan. We don't know what these heroes have experienced so far. Given that most of them seem perfectly content with killing... I imagine they've all gone over the edge a little.

monnes:

Marvel was about to get the same treatment, Champions online was originally Marvel online. Don't know why they didn't keep it that way though.

I think they where having difficulties in what direction to take the game, then sat around twiddling their thumbs all day before pulling out.

I did enjoy that trailer, partly because it involved the entire DC universe getting violently murdered. I'm...I'm a Marvel guy. Except for Batman. That was actually heart-wrenching.

As such, getting to serve directly under Batman is a huge point in the game's favor. If the whole game was set in Gotham, it would be a hands-down buy.

This game sounds better and better every time I learn more about it. Is there any confirmed starting point for the beta? I really want to get my hands on this game.

It looks like fun, but, it seems like every other MMO out there at the moment, and its just hard for me to get excited abouyt them anymore...

Though, I admit I might look into it, I wouldnt be able to go full time

I am so excited for this game!!

The only thing I fear is an expensive monthly payment for the PC version.

Does anyone know anything about this?

yeh if combat was twitch based like say Batman:AA i would be in this game in a heart beat!

But i've yet to play a twitch based button mashing MMO and most likely this is no different. ::Sigh::

LitleWaffle:
I am so excited for this game!!

The only thing I fear is an expensive monthly payment for the PC version.

Does anyone know anything about this?

i do believe they are gonna charge u to play on PSN too. :x
one reason its not on XBLA is cause MS don't want some1 else making money off their service

Rescue Robin? Do I have to? Can't I just leave him there?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here