E3: Ratchet & Clank Devs Meld Guns, Gadgets and Jokes in Overstrike

Pages PREV 1 2

OutrageousEmu:
Am I the only one getting a real Pixar vibe from this thing? I dunno, something about this just makes me think of a Pixar movie. Particularly, The Incredibles.

No, you're not the only one, I got a huge "The Incredibles" vibe from it, which is not a bad thing. The goop gun thing definitely reminded me of that one weapon used in the movie. The animation is also pretty similar, which is great since I'm an animation nut. Love it.

Though it kind of loses its cuteness appeal when all the blood starts popping up. Kind of surreal...

I'm very eager to get the demo for this and give it a whirl. I loved the humor and animation- here's hoping I love the gameplay as much.

This is the only thing to come out of E3 so far that has actually piqued my interest. It looks amazing, though... I get a very The Incredibles vibe. Especially from those blow-up ball things and the invisibility and the cockiness and the OH GOD I WANT IT NOW

Why no PC?

Looks very interesting. Although I want 'R&C: All 4 One' first!

Edit: After watching the trailer a couple of times, I'm very enthusiastic about this. As a massive Ratchet and Clank fan I am a lover of Insomniac and I love the humour and the interesting weapons in this trailer. But then again. Bulletstorm seemed like wacky fun based on it's trailer.

I think I might just take the Yahtzee approach and declare it shit until it proves itself otherwise.

TF2 meets L4D w/ maybe a little Borderlands? Not really a FPSer, but this really intrigued me with the idea of colorful blackops haha. Character Diversity for the win,! Sorta :p

Looks fun, even they didn't show any actual gameplay. But too bad it won't be on the PC...

OutrageousEmu:
Am I the only one getting a real Pixar vibe from this thing? I dunno, something about this just makes me think of a Pixar movie. Particularly, The Incredibles.

Yeah, that gun that shot the expanding black chrome-ish balls made me instantly think "Incredibles".

OT: Alright, so this has officially pushed Battlefield 3 off my 'Top game to buy this year' position.
That is, if it's coming out this year. Which I damn well hope it does.

vrbtny:
God I miss Insomniac games. All those sweet memories of playing ratchet and clank 1-through-gladiator. Never got a PS3, so I hope this is multi-platform(Though i doubt it will be) Then I can enjoy Insomniac goodness once again.

Anything not Ratchet & Clank or Resistance is multi-platform from Insomniac from now on.

And this looks amazing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot one more thing:-

Weapon wheel, remember that Insomniac.

OutrageousEmu:

I get the Pixar vibe with every Ratchet and Clank Future game, Insomniac has a good reputation with the cartoon-type characters, and this is no different. I'm happy to see what Insomniac turned out with this. And the trailer was actually entertaining, I am marking this one down on the upper part of future games list.

This would look like an awesome tv show. I'm sure it would make a nice game too but if it was a tv show i'd watch it.

You get to play as Claudia from Warehouse 13? Sweet.

Seriously though, this looks to be a combination of the Incredibles, Eureka, and TF2. It'll be interesting to see if there are multiplayer modes apart from coop, in which case they need to set up a hat store.

i see but, 1 >.> well, 2 things wrong with this game

EA, and no PC release so far T-T

other wise, i totally approve

the hole trailer I was thinking

"eh this looks okay, but I don't own a PS3 so I'm not worried about it"

Then I see the 360 logo at the end and I think

"HELL YES! this game looks AWESOME! I can't wait to play it it's going to be friggin sweet!"

I guess my brain try's to protect me from let downs.

Looks like classic Insomniac, which is great in my book.

Kitsuna10060:
i see but, 1 >.> well, 2 things wrong with this game

EA, and no PC release so far T-T

other wise, i totally approve

My stance to not buy EA published games may be seriously put to the test.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here