Find Your Perfect Career by Choosing Colors

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Creator and Social Manager.
Not too sure about the second one, but other than that, it sounds about right.

Organizer and Researcher...
Well, they got the description quite spot on when it comes to the organizer, but misses with the researcher. Sadly, the jobs they recommend under organizer are jobs that truly seems too boring for me...

damn, I am almost pissed at how well it identified me. Probably just got lucky as hell, but still, pretty good for a program I guess.
Edit: Oh, but I just saw the 2nd result and it was my polar opposite. Still, about the best I can expect from something that decides your career based on colors.

Yea this seems like a load of crap to me. Not only are the descriptions vague similar to a horoscope the descriptions I got (Primary: Creator Secondary: Persuader) are completely opposite to my personality/interests. I like flexibility in what I do and that is about all it got right.

Looking at the options the closest thing would be the Yellow-Orange (quick quiz as couldn't redo the longer quiz). Which is funny because yellow is my least favorite color and orange is in the low-mid range on my list.

Of course I may be a blip in the system.

Commander Shepard tried this, and look what happened to him.

A CREATOR.

Maybe. I do want to learn to draw but I don't know what to start with...

A PERSUADER
Not likely.

You know... I was ALMOST with it...

Until the thing suggested I love math. Anyone who knows me knows the utter disdain I hold towards the subject.

It did get right, however, that I do enjoy me some sciences. Most any science subject comes to me pretty easy. And I also hate Group projects and prefer working alone on projects, unless of course you have to present them publicly (another weakness of mine) or I have friends to work with.

But as it was said, this is pretty damn generalization overall. I'm also a little distrustful of the whole "Specific College" advert that they pop up just before showing the results, as it was the same one someone else got. Seems like it may be partial or preferential advertising towards that school. "Hey you're [insert results], why not come on down to this Grand Canyon school and learn all about it!"

I did the simplified version, mainly because I can't rank so many colours from least to most favourites. I don't know if I prefer brown over red/orange, they are just colours for crying out loud.

The description is fairly vague and honestly doesn't sound like me. But I am studying chemistry and physics at university to become a research scientist, so there's that.

I took this test and I got a 404 Error. I guess I'm best at being broken or missing. It also wanted me to go to school in Arizona.
I'm unsure if the two are related.

This test is clearly crackpot. All of the answers are desirable: it's just picking your your favorite colors and feeling smug that the test compliments you. Note that none of the answers call you jackass who's only good for disappointing your father and supplying organs for more deserving humans.

bazaalmon:
I took this test and I got a 404 Error. I guess I'm best at being broken or missing. It also wanted me to go to school in Arizona.
I'm unsure if the two are related.

Hey! As a proud Arizonan, I resemble that remark!

The quick test

Blue and orange... somewhat right. (The colours that are my favourite in the given options)

Blue and purple... Consider Niches in advertising and sales or as a public relations representative, trial lawyer or research scientist.

advertising is something I am very much into and wish to pursue it in later life (I'm 16)...ODDLY, however, these are the colours I cannot tell the difference between because I am colourblind

EDIT:
The longer test is completely wonky pertaining to the results I though I'd get (i'm into advertising and marketing :D), I got scientific research stuff and doctor related things (veteranarian, chiropractor etc.)

Hmmm, this is fairly interesting.

I just used to think what colors I would paint my wall in and this is the result:

Best Occupational Category
You're a RESEARCHER

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're an ORGANIZER

Which seems random if not for the fact I'm a researcher with a management minor.

Zaik:
So yeah, this is the psychological equivalent of cold reading.

That was my first thought when reading the examples list:

For Example, Educational careers, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, have constant demands for new perspectives or better methods. Without flexibility, however these careers are a not a good fit. Careers that typically have these qualities, but not always, are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, , Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

If you give such a large amount of wildly different occupations, some of them will fit.

Then again the 2nd best occupational category said researcher which is what I am trying to become.

The big test told me that I was an Organiser or a Researcher - I can't organise for shit, and if something doesn't interest me then I couldn't care less how it worked/why it works that way.

It did do one thing accurately - it said I hate group work, which is true. So... points for something in it's favor, at least.

Got Organizer and Researcher, both fairly accurate (I enjoy numbers, organized stuff and knowledge)... Is this thing witchcraft?

Zaik:
I'm inclined to believe these are intentionally vague somewhat positive traits a majority of people can relate to. Going to try running through almost entirely opposite of what I did and see what it says.

So yeah, this is the psychological equivalent of cold reading.

Actually...doesn't the fact that the test gave you the exact result both times mean that it is not random? I also think it's funny that your secondary was researcher when you went to the test in the first place to find out if it was a fraud or not. Did you use the same name each time?

Odd. The test told me that King of Spain was the best career match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LmTbjWt16k

I'm struggling with this :D

I have a favourite colour, but not really a least favourite. I can't decide which colours I like to look at more over others and so I don't trust the results. The long test didn't take me a minute anyway.

I feel like I've somehow managed to fail the test as my second best result was more accurate than the first, but still quite off from who I am.

You're an ORGANIZER
KEYWORDS
Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate
These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.
ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.
ORGANIZER WORKPLACES
Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you.
Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR
KEYWORDS:
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Areas of interest are far beyond the expected fields of art, drama, music, and writing. There are many occupations that allow creators to express, assemble, or implement ideas and maximize resources.

SECTION I: YOU AND YOUR TEAM
This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talentsشhe tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
SECTION II: YOUR KEY TO SUCCESS
Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
SECTION III: MANAGING STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
SECTION IV: LEADERSHIP POWER MOVES
This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.

===

Lies. I hate both occupations.

Knife-28:
Creator and Social Manager.
Not too sure about the second one, but other than that, it sounds about right.

Same here (Creator and Persuader). Creator is spot on (I do like to creator stuff wheater it's just coming up with an design idea or drawing it) but I'm not exactly the persuasive type.

Creator and Social Manager?
yes and yes.
Interesting

The full version says that I'm an organizer, but my second option is researcher, sounds about right if I must say, I say it works.

i found it works weirdly well, except some of the key words that describe my personality. I am not emotional or sensitive, but the other stuff was fine

Heh, too a couple of seconds to take the short one, and it told me that I should be a research scientist - which is what I am! =D

It also suggested 'trial lawyer', which made me think of a lawyer who is permanently the 'temp'. =P Either way, law so *zzzzz*, but it made me chuckle.

this will be total cra.. organizer.. ok then :-| just because i run a website devoted to organising and providing historical documents for fun doesnt mean its right.. secondary doer.. shut up la la la not listening

Creator/Organizer at first try. Creator/Persuader at second.

Somewhat correct, though I do't see my self as the romantic leader, but rather as an eccentric problem solver.

I have some complaints about the test. First of all, I didn't really appreciate the specific nuances used for the specific colours. The green was to cold, the lime-green was too yellow and the magenta was too warm.

Secondly, the variety of colours and various nuances was to small. I would've liked to see more tones of blue, for example. Is hot pink, salmon or deep cerise your preferred shade of pink? Do you prefer the green you see on olives over the green you see on stop lights?

Another thing, the test should've also asked what we associate the different colours with. Do you think of romance, aggression or comfort when seeing the colour red? Is blue to you, a colour of tranquillity, callousness or logic?

Lastly, it would've also helped if test checked what colour combination pleases the eyes in question most/least. I, for one, consider black-orange to be a superior combo to black-yellow.

Well here's what I got...<.<

It's actually pretty much spot on... I'm some where in between the two... I like working creatively... but at the same time I can't work effectively unless I'm in a group...<.<

Find my perfect career by choosing colours? This has nothing to do with BioWare, does it?

In other news, I'm a Creator.

Well, I'm convinced by my results that either this test is shit or I'm losing my fucking mind. I got Creator and Persuader, but the thing is that I'm not good at anything either of those things told me I was. So i'm, infact, a complete polar opposite of what I think I am. Please excuse me while I have an existential crisis.

Not too bad. 1rst was what everybody expects me to be, 2nd was my current job.

Pfft, what rubbish. I got creator and persuader, saying I am creative, artistic, sociable and a good leader. I don't think it could be more wrong.

You're a DOER
Keywords

Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent

These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.

DOER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested occupations are Engineer, Auto or Aviation Mechanic, Telephone Technician, Emergency Room Supervisor, Gardener or Groundskeeper, Plumber, Police Officer, Criminal Investigator, Rancher, Electrician, Forester, Machinist, Flight Attendant, Radiology Technologist, Vocational Agriculture Teacher, Industrial Arts Teacher, Building Contractor, Software Technician, Horticulture Worker, Professional Athlete or Dancer, Military Officer, and Cabinetmaker.

DOER WORKPLACES
Consider action-oriented workplaces such as the construction, mining, and energy industries where physical risks could be present, but constant pressure to change or accept new procedures or ideas is not. Consider small towns or rural communities. And avoid workplaces that force you to be the center of attention or talk about yourself.

Suggested Doer workplaces are manufacturing or industrial firms with tangible products such as aviation, trucking, local transit, engineering, and technical firms. Organizations structured with clearly drawn lines of authority, for example the armed forces, enforcement agencies, and security protection occupations will work best for you.

...close enough. Fits me better than any personality test before it has. Mechanic and trucker are two things I've actually considered, and I enjoy both driving and fixing cars as a hobby.

first answer was sort of right (researcher) the second one was not even close (social manager)

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Areas of interest are far beyond the expected fields of art, drama, music, and writing. There are many occupations that allow creators to express, assemble, or implement ideas and maximize resources.

I guess. I just picked half the colours at random. I'm not very good with colour preference tests... each can be interesting in its own way.

Best: Creator
2nd Best: Organizer

My job: Design Engineer

I agree this is essentially a horoscope, but whatever psycho-pseudo-science is behind this method seems like it is doing something with your color choices and from what I can tell it is not bad. Worst case scenario it is all bullshit but it gets you thinking about what it is you really want in a clever and creative way... no harm done.

I chose preference for colors which on my monitor were less harsh on the eyes when presented against a white background. I suspect that given a different monitor/settings and background color I would have chosen differently. The Escapist website's default theme has a lot of blue on white. Do you suppose that is accidental? There is a reason you don't see a lot of red or yellow on white as very few people would find it easy to look at such websites. I think for this reason the test biases itself in a certain direction and suspect that if you pareto the results you would be able to identify that bias. This seems more likely to be a test of the psychology of contrasting colors than it is a personality test.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here