Smartphones Linked to Promiscuous Teenagers

Pages PREV 1 2 3

LordFish:
"CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSALITY!"

^^^ This. Nothing to see here. If you believe this story then I have a study that says people wearing shoes are more likely to be robbed then those who don't.

This is not news. The unexpected part was really that phones would be so prevalent amongst youths to young to sign an airtime contract, now that parents buy phones for them. With teens able to communicate, access the Internet and more recently, trade pictures and videos, all without any monitoring or supervision, hormones are bound to drive many to stupidity.

As well as convenience, the other pointed benefit of digital photos is that they don't need to get taken to be developed. The ease with which such photos can be shared now is the reason that American teenage girl recently commited suicide.

Daft Ghosty:
If you believe this story then I have a study that says people wearing shoes are more likely to be robbed then those who don't.

Well who's going to rob some poor bastard that can't even afford a pair of shoes?

"I cried that I had no shoes until I met a man that had no feet... because I stole his shoes, as he didn't need them."

I'm just going to throw this out here and hoping someone has already said the same thing: Correlation does not equal causation.

I suppose if we're going on the same lines of logic, every person who owns a desktop is "linked" to basement geek/nerd virgins.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here