North Korean Scientists Confirm That Unicorns Are Real

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Andy Chalk:
They know it's a unicorn lair because a rectangular rock with the words "Unicorn Lair" carved into it stands out front. The scientists believe the words date back to the Koryo Kingdom, which existed from 918 to 1392 CE.

See, it isnt just the egyptians that trolled future acheologists, apparently koreans did as well.

People don't you see! The Unicorns should now be our gods!
http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/1/1f/S2E11_unicorn_banner.png
All hail the Unicorns!

north korea - proving once again why they are the most legitimate scientific voice in the world today.

the Onion doesn't even need to make up stories about North Korea lol

ZehMadScientist:

Sir Shockwave:
-SNIP-

Well, it's a start I guess :p

That looks mighty uncomforable to walk in btw.

Power Armour takes time and progress to get right my friend, but they'll get there in the end X3

Ah. Another chapter in the insane story of "Best Korea".

Daverson:
So, wait, let me get this straight, Communists, who strongly believe that Religion is the Opiate of the masses and strongly believe that monarchy is a terrible idea, are trying to claim they're right about... something... by claiming they're... somehow connected... to a Monarchy which claimed it had the consent of God? Through Unicorns?

I think you have the wrong terminology for opiate of the masses, communists know that, but they never used it. they knew it but that was more coincided with kings, tyrants, leaders and rulers. Communists like Lenin were against the Russian Orthodox Church his Opiate for the Masses was Peace, Bread and Land as that is what the Russians wanted after their reign with Tsar Nicholas and WW1, also Cheguevera a devout believer in communism believed in the people and the opiate of the masses was rather himself for being a fantastic believer.

...Yeah, I like unicorns and all, but either they're pulling prank on everyone... or someone's a little loopy...

Diablo1099:
Ummmm...Aren't these the guys who claim that Jim Kong Li was born under a double rainbow?
And believe his birthday is celebrated around the world?
And that the first time he picked up golf, he shot a 38-under par round on North Korea's only golf course, including 11 holes-in-one?

I'm sorry, just seeing as this is the same country we're talking about, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
I know I'm painting a broad stroke, but if a member of the US, a country with less bullshit (But not though lack of trying), House Committee on Science, Space and Technology calls evolution lies from pit of hell, then it is possible that in a country raised on propaganda, someone might be spinning a tall tale.
Please don't flame me.

Okay. You have got to be trolling. Or something. I don't even know. Apologising for saying something slightly negative about North Korea? Or is that the joke? God I feel witless and slow right now. Please help.

Thyunda:
Okay. You have got to be trolling. Or something. I don't even know. Apologising for saying something slightly negative about North Korea? Or is that the joke? God I feel witless and slow right now. Please help.

Hey, people around these parts like their ponies, like a lot, I'd like more PMs and the such sure, but not from a hoard of upset people.

Also, I was unsure what the general feel of the Thread was when I posted, so I covered my ass.

Cool, let's get some peer review.

Screamarie:
Well...I...suppose that the absence of evidence isn't necessarily proof that they're wrong...sort of.

Besides Lady Rainicorn and all her little "corndog" puppies exist so sure, the North Koreans had unicorns, I'll buy it.

I think the safe assumption is Kim Jong Un is a Brony.

Diablo1099:

Thyunda:

Hey, people around these parts like their ponies, like a lot, I'd like more PMs and the such sure, but not from a hoard of upset people.

Also, I was unsure what the general feel of the Thread was when I posted, so I covered my ass.

Oh okay, I was just thinking, 'cause I don't think anybody here has anything nice to say about North Korea, so you're pretty safe whatever your opinion of the country is.

Thyunda:
Oh okay, I was just thinking, 'cause I don't think anybody here has anything nice to say about North Korea, so you're pretty safe whatever your opinion of the country is.

Like I said, covering my ass, Personally, I find it laughable that such a country exists and that some people (Homefront Writers) think they could be a threat.

Captcha: Oh Wait

Oh yeah, All the stuff I said up there is believed as fact over there. FACT

Okay. Cool.

So where's the remains? Find me a unicorn corpse, or a unicorn skeleton, or samples of unicorn DNA, and I'll be more likely to believe you.

Daverson:
So, wait, let me get this straight, Communists, who strongly believe that Religion is the Opiate of the masses and strongly believe that monarchy is a terrible idea, are trying to claim they're right about... something... by claiming they're... somehow connected... to a Monarchy which claimed it had the consent of God? Through Unicorns?

Well, I guess it isn't out of character, anyhow. Good to see Lil' Kim's living up to Daddy's legacy.

From what I hear, North Korea is actually quite religious. It's just that their prophet is Kim Il Sung, and his entourage of holy unicorns.

I'm not sure what to make of this...

If unicorns existed, that'd be cool. Even if one ever did, all we have now is horses.
and My Little Ponies..

:p

Neverhoodian:

DVS BSTrD:
So THAT's why everything is so grey and bleak over in North Korea: they're in the Twilight Zone!

Now don't overdo it with your Fancy Pants puns. The Rarity of them is what keeps them funny.

The both of you are Shining examples to the world.

OT: Best discovery ever

Sinjungdonggukyojisungnam

I now have a new favorite word to use.

....If I can figure out how to ever pronounce it.

Screw Unicorns.

I want Dragons!

A great of all the creatures of myth to turn out to have actually existed it has to be unicorns not something cool like a Cyclops or a chimera nope just some horses with horns on their head how anticlimactic.

I knew it! They thought I was crazy, but I knew it! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha........

Yes because the wall with the writing unicorn lair on the wall is scientific proof right? Lol misleading article.

faefrost:

Screamarie:
Well...I...suppose that the absence of evidence isn't necessarily proof that they're wrong...sort of.

Besides Lady Rainicorn and all her little "corndog" puppies exist so sure, the North Koreans had unicorns, I'll buy it.

I think the safe assumption is Kim Jong Un is a Brony.

This totally has nothing to do with the discussion but, I just wanted to let you know that I've had a really crappy day and that little joke made me smile.

The following has been approved for posting by the Brovengers international department of insane bullshit:

Bronies, members of the escapist...i think we also need to consider a secondary possibility here given what has happened this following year. All evidence presented so far seems to indicate that so far we may be dealing with something much more sinister and far worse then our imaginations can possibly fathom. And I, as the chief researcher of multiversal theory, will now regail you with my theory of what we are likely to expect from this.

Firstly, we had the announcement and releasing of the first two berserk films. Strange, isn't it, how only just NOW we are having these films made isn't it? But, hey, everyone decides to make films these days..well, it would seem innocent until we get to my second point.

In berserk, there are many mythological creatures that often exist in normal mythology. Dragons, mermaids and all manner of creatures are found. This is also true of: Unicorns

Now, this is also quite innocent until we remember just what the berserk world consisted of and of how brutal and unforgiving it is. Which leads to my final point

This year, we experienced a Solar Eclipse. Now, In berserk a solar eclipse was a very rare occurance that heralded something truly horrific: The rise of a new member of the Godhand. A charismatic being or a leader amongst men would be given the choice of ascending at their lowest possible moment at the sacrifice of their followers to the maws of countless demonic entities.

This leads me to, by extension, consider that the man we called King Tongmyong was not in-fact a mortal man...but a member of the Godhand given mortal form. Or, equally as possibly, an extremely powerful Apostle. How else could he command a creature such as a unicorn, let alone have one as his steed of choice?

If we also consider the Mayan calender ending on this year, we suddenly have some very new clarity: This isn't the end of the world, but the re-emergeance of the Old. A new member of the Godhand has risen and, if allowed to be given mortal form, will shatter the barriers between worlds calling back the ancient ones that roamed this earth before us.

Unicorns, Dragons, Trolls and all manner of beast long thought myth will return to our world and with them will come the denizens of hell...the godhand will set about enforcing the will of the Idea of evil and we will all bear witness to the ushering in of a new Era of pain and suffering!

So beware, we are not dealing with Equestria or anything so harmless...we are dealing with the idea of evil and the return of the five to this mortal world.

OT: Ok, more seriously, i am calling bullshit on unicorns existing. And the source of proof is a simple note that says it's a unicorn cave? Does that mean if i carve the words "Dragons den, Keep out!" in one of englands old caves we can start investigating the existence of dragons?

Think this will be enforced at their schools? That would be funny if it weren't so tragic...

Infernai:

In berserk, there are many mythological creatures that often exist in normal mythology. Dragons, mermaids and all manner of creatures are found. This is also true of: Unicorns

Unicorns, Dragons, Trolls and all manner of beast long thought myth will return to our world and with them will come the denizens of hell...the godhand will set about enforcing the will of the Idea of evil and we will all bear witness to the ushering in of a new Era of pain and suffering!

I can handle the horror, but will we have to deal with filler arcs too?

Mikejames:
Think this will be enforced at their schools? That would be funny if it weren't so tragic...

Infernai:

I can handle the horror, but will we have to deal with filler arcs too?

From what i have theorised, we will indeed have filler arcs. BUT! They will usually be very short and not drag out too long.

The main problem will be the fact that things will be updated at a very irregular schedule. But on the plus side, life will suddenly have a soundtrack composed by Susumu Hirasawa.

Infernai:

From what i have theorised, we will indeed have filler arcs. BUT! They will usually be very short and not drag out too long.

The main problem will be the fact that things will be updated at a very irregular schedule. But on the plus side, life will suddenly have a soundtrack composed by Susumu Hirasawa.

So any road trip I plan might take several years...

Always a silver lining somewhere. As long as people resist making any misplaced Yoda references, I can adapt.

Arcline:
Cool, let's get some peer review.

Hello, I am Doctor Florn Gates, leader in the field of mammal paleontology. I have travelled to North Ko- People's Democratic Republic of Korea, and have confirmed everything that the scientists have found is 100% true. Not a single part of it was a lie. We even saw a live creature running out of the caves, a real live unicorn, which isn't a donkey with a stick taped to it's head. I also saw lots of people eating food, yes, lots of food here in this nation, not like those greedy capitalist ones I live in. Now, I just been informe- decided that I am going to be staying in this glorious country for a long time, for more scientific... research.

A very, very, very long time.

Doctor Flron Gates out.

Tell my family I love them.

dammit its not WORKING!!

Kopikatsu:
Sinjungdonggukyojisungnam?

How the hell do you even pronounce that? It looks like someone let the cat walk across their keyboard.

I think this will help:

http://translate.google.com/#id/el/Sinjungdonggukyojisungnam

*press the voice button*

Infernai:
The following has been approved for posting by the Brovengers international department of insane bullshit:

So beware, we are not dealing with Equestria or anything so harmless...we are dealing with the idea of evil and the return of the five to this mortal world.

OT: Ok, more seriously, i am calling bullshit on unicorns existing. And the source of proof is a simple note that says it's a unicorn cave? Does that mean if i carve the words "Dragons den, Keep out!" in one of englands old caves we can start investigating the existence of dragons?

Maybe unicorn is something else we don't know in really.
For example let say an alien civilization use the word "cat", a name of a creature.
We, the foolies human will think "Oh! This aliens have also cats. How Kawai!!!!! :3"

Then of course the human learn the cat is a Giant red-black Lich Caterpillar using the corpses of the aliens as minions to bring flesh of any kind to him to devour.

So.......yeah, the possibility of Unicorn to not be a My Little Pony character is very high :P

EDIT:

Unicorns in Korea:

I F*CKING KNEW IT THE UNICORNS WASN'T THE ONE WE THINK OF!!!!!!

Kopikatsu:

How the hell do you even pronounce that? It looks like someone let the cat walk across their keyboard.

As someone who went through this with the Avatar casting... stop that. ITs racist, insulting, and makes me look bad just sharing a hobby and website with you. My next rebuke will be through mod channels. Take this damned seriously.

Quaxar:

Ickabod:
So this is how they respond that Onion article, oh North Korea, it's so cute when you try.

North Korea is basically on entire nation united under parody.
Like the time they tried to dig tunnels under the delimitarized zone and when discovered said it must have been natural caves. With... somehow naturally occuring North Korean banners with slogans and all. Then they changed their position to a misdirected coal tunnel and to support the claim quickly painted some walls black. They are also really big in the coal mining business.

They have to be all in on this. It's a whole country of jokers spending all their free time laughing about how the whole west believed they were totally insane.

It certainly does defy belief. I truly hope your conclusion is correct!

Have you ever read George Orwell's 1984? There are some eerie similarities... (although Orwell has just been outdone by North Korea because he didn't think to include Unicorns. What a noob!)

Urgh76:

Sinjungdonggukyojisungnam

I now have a new favorite word to use.

....If I can figure out how to ever pronounce it.

The "e" is silent.

OT: Just don't polish their horns. This was the last ghuy who did...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here