Some Russians Think Chelyabinsk Meteor Wasn't A Meteor

Pages PREV 1 2 3

"Half the readers of a Moscow paper believe that the meteorite was, say, a UFO or message from God."

This is why I believe in increased funding for public education. Yay for a lack of critical thinking skills!

*Sigh*

Occam's Razor, people. Occam's Razor.

Do4600:
It can't be a UFO, because it's been identified as a meteorite.

And it's not exactly flying either, no?

I prefer the term: ISD.
Identified Space Dropping.

Seriously, those kind of theories appear whenever something falls from Space. Why someone even bothers?

Akichi Daikashima:
Most eastern European countries' people believe in conspiracy theories & such UFO-type-things.

I know because I lived there during my childhood(EE, not Chelyabinsk)

i call bull. i lived my whole live in eastern europe and trust me if theres anythign were full of it is cynism. we dont believe in anything. and religiuos zealots and UFO nuts look like solely american stupidity phenomenon. turns out the russians are more crazy than we though however. more reasons to hate them, as if we dont have enough what beign enslaved for decades and all.

Strazdas:

Akichi Daikashima:
Most eastern European countries' people believe in conspiracy theories & such UFO-type-things.

i call bull. i lived my whole live in eastern europe and trust me if theres anythign were full of it is cynism. we dont believe in anything. and religiuos zealots and UFO nuts look like solely american stupidity phenomenon. turns out the russians are more crazy than we though however. more reasons to hate them, as if we dont have enough what beign enslaved for decades and all.

Where, then?

Cause I lived in Lithuania, and an easy topic for discussion is conspiracy theories & belief in the supernatural.

Akichi Daikashima:

Strazdas:

Akichi Daikashima:

Where, then?

Cause I lived in Lithuania, and an easy topic for discussion is conspiracy theories & belief in the supernatural.

Na ir sutapimas :D
I am lithuanian :D

Must have been different type of folk we knew. i know like two people who actually believe in god, zero who actually believe UFO to the level of "yeah i saw them abducting people" and ghosts arep retty much non-existent thing here. ANd i dont need to tell you about our idea of how we thing government is hopeless now do i?

Strazdas:

Akichi Daikashima:

Strazdas:

Where, then?

Must have been different type of folk we knew. i know like two people who actually believe in god, zero who actually believe UFO to the level of "yeah i saw them abducting people" and ghosts arep retty much non-existent thing here. ANd i dont need to tell you about our idea of how we thing government is hopeless now do i?

Geras, gal man siaip nepasiseke.

Akichi Daikashima:

Strazdas:

Akichi Daikashima:

Where, then?

Visko gali buti, bet ar cia mes galime lietuviskai sneketi?
Translation: it could be, but can we use lithuanian on these forums without translating?

Not surprising. Whenever something like this happens, people make up explanations like this.
I guess it's just really scary to think a meteor can just crach into Earth and kill us all, so thinking it was God (who did it because of gays/capitalism/communism/carrots) or an outside force you can fight makes you feel better.

The Rogue Wolf:
As much as I want to laugh at "those crazy Ruskies", I remember the video I once saw of the American woman who believed that the government put something in tap water to create rainbows when it came out of a sprinkler.

It's the gay agenda.

Shirokurou:
As a Russian, I find this stupid.
Most of us are like... "Hey a meteor fell, it's nice no one died"
Even the priests on the news were like commenting "It's God's blessing no one died. But the meteor was from space and not a sign".
Most Russian TV covered it as a natural occurrence and a call for establishing "Space defense and anti-meteor rockets"

While I myself have thrown around jokes about it being a Kryptonian pod... nobody believes it was aleins, especially considering that pieces of the meteor were found and even sold online.

So the escapist, I salute you for finding possibly the dumbest news source in Russia.

Some people will believe it was God or aliens.
This goes for any nation, especially if you phare your questions in a vague way, like 'Do you think the government told you EVERYTHING about the incident?', or 'Do you believe God wanted to say something with that meteorite?'

Strazdas:

Akichi Daikashima:

Strazdas:

Visko gali buti, bet ar cia mes galime lietuviskai sneketi?
Translation: it could be, but can we use lithuanian on these forums without translating?

Man atrodos kad galima, bet visivien del atsargumo:
Translation: I think we can, but just in case:

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook