Dragon Age: Inquisition Introducing Alternative to Save Imports

Pages PREV 1 2

I don't really understand why people are so down and out on the original import setting. From my experience of Dragon Age 2, my saves from the previous game did not mean a whole lot to Hawke anyway. My Hawke and Warden in no way crossed paths and their stories did not mirror one another so I don't see how the import had any affect.

The other small changes I found were with Alistair and if he was a drunk, in the Wardens or the king. My previous save did not bring a whole lot in the first place.

I am hoping with both saves from one and two, and using this system, the characters we played as (Warden --if survived-- and Hawke) will appear in the third story.

I like the Dragon Age stories and would like to see everything wrapped up.
Dragon Age 2's biggest fault was the strict storyline and meaningless choices (join the mages, still have to fight the mage boss or join the templar and fight the templar boss etc etc.) and repetitive environments.

Origins was great. I still play that now. In fact, I'm on my 6th play-though now as a Noble Dwarf.

Legion:
So it is basically the comic thing PS3 Mass Effect players had to allow them to have the choices they want without playing the previous games.

Not a bad idea really, as somebody has played both Dragon Ages to the point where I cannot really enjoy them any more, it is a nice thought knowing I can set things up the way I like without playing through 40+ hours of content again.

I agree completely. When I thought my saves were gone forever I was looking to see if there was a mod that allowed me to skip the actual game and just make the choices and wrap them into a neat little importable save file. I had no luck finding such a thing though. But on the bright side, I did find a backup of my saves. And thank god for it. I also have no desire to play through the games again. They were amazing but hundreds of hours later...eh.

They read my dream journal.

I didnt play DA2, and I never got around to "perfecting" a DA1 run. So it will be nice to hand pick how I wanted everything to go. Sorry Alistar, I love you, but its more dramatic if you died. Im gonna have to ask my brother what happened in 2 though. = .=

Micalas:

Legion:
So it is basically the comic thing PS3 Mass Effect players had to allow them to have the choices they want without playing the previous games.

Not a bad idea really, as somebody has played both Dragon Ages to the point where I cannot really enjoy them any more, it is a nice thought knowing I can set things up the way I like without playing through 40+ hours of content again.

I agree completely. When I thought my saves were gone forever I was looking to see if there was a mod that allowed me to skip the actual game and just make the choices and wrap them into a neat little importable save file. I had no luck finding such a thing though. But on the bright side, I did find a backup of my saves. And thank god for it. I also have no desire to play through the games again. They were amazing but hundreds of hours later...eh.

I cannot speak for Dragon Age 2 save files, but there is a mod that allows you to choose the decisions from Origins to import into Dragon Age 2. Here is a link. I think the site needs an account to download it though, but they are free so it's not too bad.

Although with the Dragon Age Keep I guess it won't be needed for Inquisition players.

Well, I'm not sure I can remember all my save game event flags from 2009 to 2011 across two games, but I'll try.

Meanwhile, let's hope they get their act together and make a save import feature.

Thanks BioWare. Really like this.

Gah I was going to sign up to the beta but it said 'sign in with Origin' so nope. Fuck.

seditary:
Gah I was going to sign up to the beta but it said 'sign in with Origin' so nope. Fuck.

I went and checked that. If you already have an EA account like I did due to the EADM, that's all you need for it. An account which you can set up via the browser and without ever touching Origin as far as I can tell. So there's that at least...? Mind you I wouldn't have bothered checking it if I didn't have one from years before Origin was made...

MrMixelPixel:
This is a fantastic idea and I hope they implement it well. They've already brought back the race options. I'm gonna choose to be stupidly optimistic.

Brought back and expanded, no less. Qunari should be an interesting race to play as, both female and male :)

OT: Now that i know what the Keep thing is about i'm actually pretty interested. There's really only one thing i wanted to alter from my original playthrough of DA:O, and none i want to change in DA2, but it's nice to see that they found a way around getting the choices carried over form PS3 to PS4 which was my main concern with Inquisition.

For my first playthrough i'll probably stick with my original character choices though. That's sort of how i imagine MY story is supposed to go now.

I was thinking that it was a useful but "meh" feature for them to add (except for those console players)... then I recently tried to import my saves from Awakening into 2 (Origins seems to work fine though)... the plot flags get horribly broken, there are some community fixes out there but they didn't seem to work for me. One can but pray that the Import from 2 to Inquisition works as intended - Or Keep will be something everyone who actually cares about their characters story will be forced to use to keep it... well their story, not some bugged up shiz.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here