This War of Mine Will Turn Players Into Helpless Civilians

Pages PREV 1 2

Wujek Grga:
Hi Makabriel pesimist.
It's not PVP. It's a serious game - single player experience - where you control a group of civilians. The idea behind is about the war as seen from the perspective of civilians.

thx
Pawel (writer from 11 bit)

Good to know :) best of luck with the game!

Wujek Grga:
Hi Makabriel pesimist.
It's not PVP. It's a serious game - single player experience - where you control a group of civilians. The idea behind is about the war as seen from the perspective of civilians.

thx

hey arn't the players suposed to stalk the developers, not the other way aroud?!

Thanks for your imput, the game sounds amazing and I for one can't wait to hear more!

GrinningCat:

Makabriel:
The 5% optimist in me is intrigued.
The rest of me is waving it off because it'll just be another PVP grief fest like all of the other survival games out there. DayZ? Rust? Had nothing to do with surviving zombies, it's about surviving whoever has the most stuff.

Wujek Grga:
Hi Makabriel pesimist.

thx

Just helping to bring this to Makabriel's attention in case he doesn't notice it.

OT: It sounds like an interesting game. Too often, military shooters (and other military media) get so gung-ho with jingoism that we forget there's another side to such tales. I haven't seen these sorts of perspectives being looked at before, at least in video games, so it's at least caught my interest.

And I thank you, because I did not!

Color me even more intrigued.

King Whurdler:

Try not to let it bother you, this site can be VERY cynical sometimes.

Not a cynic, just a realist. I've nothing against game developers, just the people that tend to ruin them..

if this idea is done well, it should turn out to be an amazing game.

I'm glad I saw this. Sounds really interesting, wish we had some idea about gameplay. First person, third person, action-y or more of a simulator? Definitely looking forward to more details.

This explosion in the trailer was so unrealistic, kitschy, and just badly done. Also unnecesary.

Sure, a blast can look like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tank_Shell_Explosion_in_Aleppo,_Syria.jpeg but only for a split second, it's all smoke then.

The photo is amazing, though. Still life, just a milisecond before they died.

http://www.globalpost.com/photo-galleries/planet-pic/5718451/life-and-death-aleppo-photos

Oh hell yes! If they manage to pull this off then this will be a must-buy for me. It's nice to see the standard war scenario told from another perspective.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here