Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 842 NEXT

I found it! Sorry for the disturbance!

It's called "Another World" :D

I remember this old DOS/Windows 9x game, it was a 2D topdown shooter (I think it wasn't isometric) where you controlled a chopper, you could move wherever you wanted, it was set in a desert and you could choose between several types of weapons like rockets and machineguns before heading off to a mission that IIRC was destroying enemy buildings with foot soldiers, tanks and other things defending them.

I don't remember much more of it, I think it was a demo for it.

Any ideas of what game it is?

Dracowrath:
I remember a PS1 game I had many many years ago, and I'm not sure what happened to it. All I know is, I started it, got stuck, and never touched it again. I vaguely remember something about being a criminal, and being forced to wear this mask...thing...and being dropped into some sewers and wandering around killing things in the sewers. As I said this was many years ago so those are the only details I recall. It may even have been a ps2 game though I doubt it.

Side note, the capcha I got at first for this post ended with that weird wavey = sign. I don't have that button, guys...

Sounds like "Manhunt" on the PS2.

]DustArma[:
I remember this old DOS/Windows 9x game, it was a 2D topdown shooter (I think it wasn't isometric) where you controlled a chopper, you could move wherever you wanted, it was set in a desert and you could choose between several types of weapons like rockets and machineguns before heading off to a mission that IIRC was destroying enemy buildings with foot soldiers, tanks and other things defending them.

How sure are you that it wasn't isometric? It sounds awfully like the classic "Desert Strike".

srm79:

Dracowrath:
I remember a PS1 game I had many many years ago, and I'm not sure what happened to it. All I know is, I started it, got stuck, and never touched it again. I vaguely remember something about being a criminal, and being forced to wear this mask...thing...and being dropped into some sewers and wandering around killing things in the sewers. As I said this was many years ago so those are the only details I recall. It may even have been a ps2 game though I doubt it.

Side note, the capcha I got at first for this post ended with that weird wavey = sign. I don't have that button, guys...

Sounds like "Manhunt" on the PS2.

]DustArma[:

How sure are you that it wasn't isometric? It sounds awfully like the classic "Desert Strike".

Not much really, I was like 5 or 6 when I played that game.

I'll try to give Desert Strike a shot though, it might be the game I'm looking for :)

okay this game is where youre a robotit cop (its not robocop) and you can transform into a car(not transformers either) and you build units to attack the other player/cpu's base. this game is for PS2 and i played it about 8-12 years ago. this is pretty much all i remember of the game.

okay this game is where youre a robotit cop (its not robocop) and you can transform into a car(not transformers either) and you build units to attack the other player/cpu's base. this game is for PS2 and i played it about 8-12 years ago. this is pretty much all i remember of the game.

blackie2010:

Future Cop

"Dreadnought has destroyed your turret"

mikeophobia:
also, a ps1 game from the late 90s, it was set in the future, action adventure type game, guy had sorta green skin and used a hoverboard. not much to go on but its bugging me

Jak or Monster Rancher is what it reminds me of.

There is a pc game i used to play when i was about 6 years old, not later than 2001. It had this brown dog, he was wearing a santa hat and to play you needed to use the arrows and you could jump on the space key.. the background was like snow and you needed to collect gifts and bells and christmes stuff like that..there was a realy annoying christmas song in the background and i remember playing that game every day for like 3 years 'till that computer died and i forgot the name of it...

does someone recognize this game??? it's driving me me crazy for like about a year now :/

hey im hoping someone can help me
I've been looking for this game for a long time and everytime i google it i get harvest moon and what not. Anyways this game is for Ps1 and i only had the demo disc for it(if anyone knows the name of the demo disc that'd be awesome, it came with the Ps1 when we test drove a mini van and got the ps1 for free) anyways you can either be a boy or girl and they each have their own powers, i don't remember what the girls powers were but the boy could morph into the monsters you beat, well you pick up "beast tokens" i think they were called, in the first level you're traveling through the jungle/woods and the level ends with you in a large building where you fight a boss who is half man half horse (I THINK)

another game, not sure if anyone could help this is older, a PC game, very pix elated like Leisure suit Larry, but you're a cop. I can't remember much more than that, also there was an old i think could have been a star wars game, also around the same era very pix elated as well, sorry i can't be of more help, i remember they were both on floppy discs and this was early 90's

Thanks for your help!

EDIT- i found the first game! it's threads of fate! im so happy

k. a sega genesis game.
space ship game
there were 2 ways to play. 1 you could pit your ship vs the enemy ship in a 1vs1 battle, your one ship would battle all the other ships one at a time in a top down view of space where if you went to fast you would smash into a small planet, about 10 ships i think? the humans ship looked like a big penis that shot missles and there was one that shot green stuff as its special, one had furry critters flying it you could kamakaze with. i remember all of them mostly just not the name. 2 you could play with planets that you could take over, mine and make money then battle your opponent for the galaxy as you bought ships. any ideas?

found it, only took a week, star control . . .

onixjasper:
in the mid 90's i used to play a game for hours..too bad i cant remember the name of it...

it was a 3D third person game where you flew an spaceship. i almost recall each mission would almost work like check points and you would rarely have to enter a new map. missions varied where you shot at other craft, ground vehicles, even destroyed buildings. the craft was black and the graphics where very decent for its time.. i used to play with a joystick and for somereason my brain keeps telling me it may have been developed by microsoft.... please help

tried to get help from my mom but all she can remember was that she paid 40 bucks for it and i was the best at it in my household...lol.. please someone help.

Maybe Descent? That game came with my Win95 when I got in in '97 and it sounds similar.

There's a lot that I don't remember, but only this one that is killing me...

It was a PC game, adventure- possibly point and click, but I think you had to do puzzles too. I believe 2D graphics and the plot started in the future, but the main guy (dark hair, wore glasses?) had to travel back in time for some reason. I think a (talking?) dog went with him and he was possibly a cyborg (totally could be making that up...).

The few scenes I can remember is the duo being in the sewers briefly and then trying to get into a fancy (corporate? laboratory?) building.

Whenever I've thought about the game, I remember confusing the title with Journeyman and Pschyotron so maybe something like that is similar in the title.

Hope someone can remember!

PS- I remember that educational space frog game slightly but not the name, lol.

Vault101:

animekenobi:

Vault101:
Ok heres a challenge

this one I played on windows 95/98

It was an educational game, I think encyclopedia might have been in the title

it was one where you would go to different parts of the world and click on things

anyway your guide or main charachter was essentially a space frog, he wore a bubble like space helmet and had a lily pad shaped flying platform which was like a space segway (that could fly)

you could also go to his space ship, theres one thign I remeber where there was a song about the planets that went "Mercury now is the one...closest to the shining sun!" thats all I can remember from the song

now figure that one out

DUDE, I'M LOOKING FOR THAT GAME RIGHT NOW! Let me see if I can help you. The frog's name was Tad. At the beginning, he always said, "You can call me Tad."
You went to different habitats to see different animals. Like the farm had a pig and a cat. There was also the arctic as one of the habitats. I hope I figure it out soon! Oh, the song went like this:
Mercury now is the one closest to the shining sun. Venus, Earth, and then comes Mars, orbiting that burning star.... something about Jupiter and Saturn that I don't remember... Uranus is blue and green, it's COLD and minus 553 degrees! Neptune is the blue-ish one, it's atmosphere is hydrogen!.. and then something about Pluto.
Good luck!

yes! that sounds right, cant belive somone remembers it (and the song as well)

it was similar to anotherone I would play called "dangerous creatures" not the same game obviously but they were very similar

Should have searched before I posted the first time. But I'm 100% positive it's

Explorapedia!!!

Hey, so i played this game my sister had when i was young. its from somewhere in the 90's and you played as a female detective (i think she had red hair) and you explored a house/mansion and the grounds around it for clues. i dont remember much but there was a playground that if you sat in the swing there would be a hole in it which basically killed you and you had to start over. i cant really remember anymore sadly and neither does my sister. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

edit: its a game for windows

It's a game where you play as a green slime with glasses. Also at the beginning there are..cute somethings around a campfire.

ok so this game was most likely from year 2002 or 2003,its a pc game. it's wintertime,snowing,night,and you have to find some clues around the town,dont remember for what :/ i remember you have to take a photo with your camera of some kind of scratches on a roof. there is some hotel where you enter,downstairs is a bar and upstairs are rooms,only one room is unlocked. sorry I know its probably hard to figure out the name of the game by my poor description,but I was a kid when I played that game,and I would really like to play it again. just one more detail that I remember of that game is that your character finds something outside and says "yuck,bugs are crawling on that thing". anyone? :))

I barely remember a game I used to play as a little kid...

It was in the late 90's or the beginning of the 00's. It's a 3d-realtime-strategy-game. I think it's futuristic, but not stuff like laser swords and unbelieveable things, but believeable futuristic gameplay. You have to find and collect resources.. I also think it contains some bugs as well? Hope someone knows this game?!

Not sure if you've been answered, but the game you are looking for might be Highway Hunter/Highway Fighter. Have fun :)

klabam:
Hey guys I am looking for this game i played about 10 years ago. It is a vertical-side scrolling game on the pc in which you drive this car on a road and you come across all kinds of enemies like planes and choppers and stuff and you shoot those up. You can get weapon upgrades and i remember you could have 2 enormous launchers on the side of your car or even one big laser which killed anything and was on for 2 seconds. Each level contained end bosses. I think it was on a cd or even a floppy and a msdos game.

Please help me out, thanks!!!

Not sure if you've been answered, but the game you are looking for might be Highway Hunter/Highway Fighter. Have fun and I apologize for the double post.

Ok, guyz, I believe my will be the hardest ever... anyway. I played this on the psx times, and the reason I don't remember the name is because the cover and the game itself was in japanese, so it's possible it was only released in japan.

It's a sidescrolling game, where you can choose 3 characters: All animals, but they walk in two legs, like cartoons.
one is a circus monkey(with a red outfit) and uses a stick as a weapon
other is a bird (a parrot, i think) and uses a long cutting weapon I don't know the name
And the other is a pink pig which uses a Trident

Each one had a special move, I only remember the pig's one, which blasts a short flame from his mouth

The first stage is a jungle with shallow water on the ground, and you beat the enemies, like a beat'em up game, when they die they drop lots of coins...

I remember there was other stage in a kinda castle

You can choose a different character for each stage

The graphics os this game were awesone for a side scrolling, I played this between 1996-1998

I hope anyone can help ><

There's an old PC game my family and I used to play. It was similar to Pokemon, where you capture monsters and train them. The monsters were quite strange with equally strange names. I believe there was a rabbit (vorpal bunny?), a jack-in-the-box (boxacot?), a cactus, a carrot... the list goes on but my memory is failing me (hence my turn to this thread). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

ok... I remember playing this game when I was a kid. Like 13 years ago. My cousin would never let me play it. He had these 4 systems ps1,snes, sega genesis and some really big system (maybe atari something).

Pretty much in the game it was of course 2d. You ran though the game and picked up or leveled up your swords. The swords were like katana swords. It's like you were a samurai of something. From my memory I think it was anime based.

It's not ninja gaiden,shonobi, Not a beat um up game, or samurai shodown (fighting game) that's all I know. Now that I think about it, it was really fast paced, probably on ps1. Cause I remember me cousin playing Resident evil 2 and Tekken 3 around that time also. Please help... I've been trying to figure out the need of this game for 2 years lol.

Well, my forgotten game is really hard to remember and hard to explain :). It was a 4-players split screen, 2D view, and in each panel you could use a player: the players had different colours (red, yellow, blue, green) and you could dig, throw objects or bombs (balls of fire, rocks, etc.), build factories and trains, carts (where you could throw recources into), elevators, balloons etc. You could also dig into gold or others resources, or drown in the water if you dug through ice........In the main menu you could choose between some maps (one mostly with ice, another with earth, one with giant caves, etc.).
Controls for each player were on the same keyboard (one player was controlled by WSAD, another by arrows, another by numeric pad etc.) so you could play at least 2 players simultaneously. Fo example, if you press "W" the player jumps, "A-D" for left and right, but if you press "S" the player digs.

I used to play this game on a Windows 98, like 8-10 years ago :), and I don't have that pc anymore.

The graphics was way better than Dig Dug or mining-like games, but this game wasn't only about mining: you could do lots of things like build and ride things, etc.

Please forgive my terrible english, but that's all I can remember.

I know a lot of the earlier requests in this thread, so here's some

to the guy asking about a game where you play 2 people and you fight a witch at the end, its an old 2D coop game made by namco called Pino and Acha, its the japanese take on hansel and gretel i guess lol. I played it in one of those namco museum games for psx, still have the disk.

to the other guy askign about a 3D psx game where you play as a ball rolling around doing block puzzles, that game goes by 2 names, one of which is Kula World. It was one ofmy favorite games as a kid, you play as a beach ball that has to navigate certain hazards and collect items on a course before the tmie ran out. very challenging game.

I'll check back and try to answer more

here's mine, this game has been bugging me for 5 years now. Its an old PSX1 game. Well i'm not even sure if it actually got made or cancelled becasuse i only played the demo. the demo was on a collection that also had tomb raider, blasto, medevil, mgs1, and spyro(there's more but that's all i can remember). I swear the game was called Crazy 8, one of the dev teams that popped up during the opening credits was called "team green" and had a little green ink blot guy as their mascott. The game was a 3D sidecroller where you played some guy with a robotic arm that shoots lightning, capable of picking up objects and manipulating them . You use it mostly to swing around, or pick up enimies and pound them on the ground til they explode/use them as a human bridge over traps. You could shoot rockets with your hand too. I remember at the end of the demo you go to this green giant test tube thing witha big robot guy in it, presumably your friend youre trying to rescue

i remember every vivid detail of the game...just not the flipping name :/

Grand Master Sage:
I know a lot of the earlier requests in this thread, so here's some

to the guy asking about a game where you play 2 people and you fight a witch at the end, its an old 2D coop game made by namco called Pino and Acha, its the japanese take on hansel and gretel i guess lol. I played it in one of those namco museum games for psx, still have the disk.

to the other guy askign about a 3D psx game where you play as a ball rolling around doing block puzzles, that game goes by 2 names, one of which is Kula World. It was one ofmy favorite games as a kid, you play as a beach ball that has to navigate certain hazards and collect items on a course before the tmie ran out. very challenging game.

I'll check back and try to answer more

here's mine, this game has been bugging me for 5 years now. Its an old PSX1 game. Well i'm not even sure if it actually got made or cancelled becasuse i only played the demo. the demo was on a collection that also had tomb raider, blasto, medevil, mgs1, and spyro(there's more but that's all i can remember). I swear the game was called Crazy 8, one of the dev teams that popped up during the opening credits was called "team green" and had a little green ink blot guy as their mascott. The game was a 3D sidecroller where you played some guy with a robotic arm that shoots lightning, capable of picking up objects and manipulating them . You use it mostly to swing around, or pick up enimies and pound them on the ground til they explode/use them as a human bridge over traps. You could shoot rockets with your hand too. I remember at the end of the demo you go to this green giant test tube thing witha big robot guy in it, presumably your friend youre trying to rescue

i remember every vivid detail of the game...just not the flipping name :/

the other name for the ball game is roll away btw, forgot to specify lol.

and oh my goodness, with a lucky long google search i found the game i was looking for on this page:
http://retro-sanctuary.com/Top-100-PS1-Games-Page-1.html

the game i was looking for is called Wild 9. do you believe that? so close to naming it yet so far away. finallllllyyy

I'm trying to remember a game, I believe it was on the PS2. I think its seemed kinda dark atmosphere but maybe that was just that part of the game. but there were two characters one was taller than the other and one of the two seemed to be kind of retarded. In the part of the game that I remember there was like a carnival prize wheel thingy you could spin, i'm not sure what it did because every time I tried to use it one of the characters kept saying "what about my needs?". and that is pretty much all i remember about the game. hope you can help.

What is the name of that game where you are some sort of space captain, or was it space wizard?, and you have to fight the evil robot alien who wants to turn humanity into DNA soup? It is on the tip of my tongue.

The game I'm looking for is a WWII game in PC. It's released around the year 2005-2009.

It's a turn based game you get to control a squad of around maybe five soldiers each map to do a mission. Each turn, you get to move the infantries, which maybe sniper, light infantry, heavy infantry,etc. with movement limited of course by the nature of turn based game. At certain point of the game you can also call help from artillery, air strike as well.

It's almost like company of heroes but strictly turn based and no base and those stuff.

Would appreciate alot of you can help :D

Thanks

Hi,

I have been trying to remember the name of a game for ages. It was on the Apple Mac in the early '90s I think, although not necessarily exclusive. It was an Elite type game to begin with where you had to begin by docking at a space station in a kind of simple 3D effect. You had to line yourself up with a black docking bay (I have a memory that maybe you had to ask permission to dock, or were sometimes refused entry). Once inside it turned into a top down isometric type view and became a simple RPG type game, where you were represented as a little space suited guy and could walk around and talk to people, buy stuff et cetera. It was also black and white (but that might have just been my version)

Any ideas? It has been bugging me for years now!

Thanks

Hi,

Just to let you know, if you were interested, but I have found out it was called SPACE ROGUE!

There used to be a game that I've played with my dad in co-op: a shooter with 1 screen, looking at an angle from above. You have to navigate through big levels together and in between each level you could go shopping for weapons/upgrades. As far as I remember you were only allowed to carry 1 weapon though, no ammo req.

Not very specific, but that's about all I remember since it's about....17-18 years ago.

Zack Alklazaris:
I remember this one game. It was a demo on a disc. It was a real-time strategy game. It was based on the Mayans. The game played as this. You had workers. To get more workers you built houses then put them in the houses which created more workers. You then could convert the workers into other things such as soldiers or some sorta flame throwing soldiers. You could send them to build towers, walls, you know all the usual stuff.

You play the Ajaw (the leader) who appears to be some sort of high priestess or something. This is because you can send down bolts of lightning, create earthquakes, spawn volcanoes, and all other sort of elemental stuff. You gain these powers by worshipping statues that are semi hard to get to within the game.

Oh I also remember you could literally zoom so far out that all you see is the planet.

Never have been able to figure out the name of the game. I only played the demo, but always wanted to play the actual game.

The game's name is Populous: The Beginning, had some great fun with that on the PS1. Too bad it requires 1 whole memorycard of 15 blocks to be saved. xD

Edit: Zakka or zappa to shoot fireballs with your shaman. =D I distinctly remember that.

Ytomyth:

Zack Alklazaris:
I remember this one game. It was a demo on a disc. It was a real-time strategy game. It was based on the Mayans. The game played as this. You had workers. To get more workers you built houses then put them in the houses which created more workers. You then could convert the workers into other things such as soldiers or some sorta flame throwing soldiers. You could send them to build towers, walls, you know all the usual stuff.

You play the Ajaw (the leader) who appears to be some sort of high priestess or something. This is because you can send down bolts of lightning, create earthquakes, spawn volcanoes, and all other sort of elemental stuff. You gain these powers by worshipping statues that are semi hard to get to within the game.

Oh I also remember you could literally zoom so far out that all you see is the planet.

Never have been able to figure out the name of the game. I only played the demo, but always wanted to play the actual game.

The game's name is Populous: The Beginning, had some great fun with that on the PS1. Too bad it requires 1 whole memorycard of 15 blocks to be saved. xD

Edit: Zakka or zappa to shoot fireballs with your shaman. =D I distinctly remember that.

THATS IT! Wow, should of posted it a long time ago I was searching it for years.
Thanks Ytomyth

Zack Alklazaris:
-snip-

You're welcome, and thank you for reminding me of how much fun it was and therefore making me play it again. ^^

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 842 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here