EA now issuing permanent Origin bans through content filter

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

MaximumTacos:
Now at 7.5k views and climbing.. I still have roughly $50 in google adwords credit.

Should I start buying links to this thread for searches on BF3?

That would be amusing, though potentially problematic.

Well, after all this crap, EA has lost my business. I was gonna buy BF3 after getting my pay today, but I'll just wait for ARMA 3 instead.

Seriously, is anyone at EA not a profit-driven, gamer-hating maniac?

This is why I didn't get Battlefield 3. YOU SUCK ORIGIN! GO TO HELL!!!!!!.

lotr rocks 0:
wow...

couple things wrong here:
1) why are they banning you for something someone else said?
2) why are they giving a permanent ban for what looks like 2 swear words??
3) why are they permanently removing all access to games that you paid for because of said forum ban...

That's fucked up.

Never using origin.

4) Why is OP using origin?

cyrogeist:
and this is why im a console gamer...
OT:honestly that's total bullshit...but hey...it's EA they only want your money

Plenty of PC gamers like me simply avoid anything published by EA in the last couple of years.

SirBryghtside:

brainslurper:

cyrogeist:

Plenty of PC gamers like me simply avoid anything published by EA in the last couple of years.

Feh, I would, but I really want to see how the ME trilogy ends. I really hope SOMETHING gets sorted out by then...

And yeah, I honestly don't care how much the OP is stretching the truth - even if he did send a horrifically offensive post to the forums, EA SHOULD NOT DO THIS.

Grah.

The whole Liara thing made me give up on mass effect. And I swear if the new bioware game is a mercenaries game I am going to throw something heavy at someone.

cyrogeist:

They can and will ban console players just as well and its worse for them. they ban the live account or the psn account access to EA so all EA games that require your account info to play will be banned and any future titles.

@OP

Check your PM, I hope that helps.

SirBryghtside:

brainslurper:

SirBryghtside:
Feh, I would, but I really want to see how the ME trilogy ends. I really hope SOMETHING gets sorted out by then...

And yeah, I honestly don't care how much the OP is stretching the truth - even if he did send a horrifically offensive post to the forums, EA SHOULD NOT DO THIS.

Grah.

The whole Liara thing made me give up on mass effect. And I swear if the new bioware game is a mercenaries game I am going to throw something heavy at someone.

Liara thing? Huh?

I haven't read anything on the ME3 story, but am already disappointed with the copy/pasted gameplay.

Without any spoilers pretty much everything you did to get to the end the end is the same no matter what (give or take a few outside elements), thats what I got from the plot leak, I dont think it'll change either, the fact theyre using ME2 gameplay which was cut to bulk it up has me concerned too. I think i'll be sitting it out.

People asking why others bother with Origin will probably find the single reason is BF3. Personally I like BF3, I do enjoy it, however I don't play it that much. Why not? Simple, battlelog and origin. Call me lazy but there are times when I just want to kick back and play, if it where BC2/BF2/etc i'd just fire the game up, pick a server and go. BF3 says no. I have to open my browser, log in to battle log, find a server, wait to join it, wait for origin to open (which for some reason takes its sweet time), then without fail Origin will prevent the game running properly so it'll crash it immediately (i'll detail why I believe its origin*). So I have to relaunch the game again, chances are my slot will be gone so i'll have to find a new game, so off I go, next time I launch the game theres a good chance i'll get in fine. If I quit that game to find a new one with a different map, etc, guess what happens first time I try to connect? BAM crash. I look at the battlelog forums to report this, infact I have reported it twice, it just gets buried under idiotic topics with people flaming each other and low and behold the only people getting banned are like the OP who is banned for something they didn't even say. Wow, just wow, I never want to post on an EA board again.

*What makes me think its origin is after each origin patch the crashing becomes more frequent, i've un/re-installed origin/bf3/etc but the crashing remains, there appears to be people suffering the same on the EA boards too, all worsening after origin updates.

Sadly EA is going to continue with this pathetic routine, they're very quickly shifting next to ubisoft in terms of my avoidance of publishers/companies. Ubisoft went all ban happy when you mentioned DRM back when they started with their perma-net or limited activation stuff, no idea how they are now, at least you didn't get banned from all your games with them.

Hope EA sorts this out and compensates you properly OP, not just "oh we're sorry here have an unban".

SirBryghtside:

brainslurper:

cyrogeist:

Grah.

Honestly the only way I can think to stretch the truth on this would be for EA to have shown up in person and shot up my house WACO style.

Here's another guy who got the brunt of their automated filter:

http://imageshack.us/f/233/easupportwarning2facebo.jpg/

That's right. Violation for someone else's post.

Battlefield's community manager just posted a new video.

Everyone who has an issue with origin/ea should go use their comments to ask them why players like me and daish and "badass guy" and "e-peen guy" are being cut off from products we paid for, over forum posts, especially forum posts we didn't make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B2sXWsIMSvM#!

;) one does not call in anonymous. one becomes the anonymous within you.

Personally i'd go to rockpapershotgun, they have prior experience with dealing with EA's "support"
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/14/ea-forum-bans-are-still-affecting-games/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/17/eas-unwieldy-banhammer-ea-responds/

Might want to drop them a line.

BTW i quickly checked your thread about IRNV, couldn't find that reply from the other person, seems a few posts had been "hidden by a battlelog administrator" though.

That's the thing, I remember every page of delicious tears from the IRNV thread and the few others that popped up at that time. I would remember quoting someone who dropped the NBC line, mostly because of how angry they sound and how lame it is as a set of cussin' words. I don't.

This leads me to strongly believe that it's a content violation based on my username in their post.

EA - Stupidly evil. With an evil cherry on top.

Tuesday Night Fever:
I'm really not looking forward to being forced to use Origin to play Mass Effect 3 or Star Wars: The Old Republic.

then don't, buy the boxed copys they do not sync with the dd server, just the game servers

( im not sure on mass effect, but i don't see why it should be different )

~edit~

ok, this origin thing is just moronic what we need is to rally enough support so we can get everyone on origin to either ticket ea about it, or deliberately get banned

because frankly ea has too big a chunk of the market of cool things under it's sticky grasp that people ( myself included ) would love to use the service if it wasn't a dirty piece of data thieving, mine ridden scum.

they simply cannot ban their entire user-base, nor can they ignore the fact that they are being stupid about forum policy in games where the in-game characters, chat and voice-over commonly have swearing the forum cannot? some consistency please ea.

also, just rewrite your eula and stop data mining people there's no point just have a survey and ask instead.

as for your in-game cheats, simply make an algorithm that calculates if there was any possible control input that could have resulted in killing x dude or capturing x objective
chess programs do this all day, it's really easy to code. it would stop 90% of cheating in one swoop.

lastly STOP reading active programs and probing desktops. that sheet is creepy.
you REALLY don't need to see that I'm batch re-encoding my holiday videos to x264
seriously, stop it.

MaximumTacos:
That's the thing, I remember every page of delicious tears from the IRNV thread and the few others that popped up at that time. I would remember quoting someone who dropped the NBC line, mostly because of how angry they sound and how lame it is as a set of cussin' words. I don't.

This leads me to strongly believe that it's a content violation based on my username in their post.

If theyre letting a bot coded by some muppet who should probably spend their time fixing the rest of the buggy stuff EA push out handle forum bans to the magnitude of perma's then its even worse. EA desperately needs to abandon this stupid and foolish policy of banning peoples game access for forum violations, they're probably doing it knowing they can hide behind their stupid TOS clause of "harr harr can't sue us".

I am strongly fucking considering take them to small claims court, it'll cost me $160 to file, they WILL need to fly a lawyer in to my area, which will cost them $$$$, just to try to sell the line to the judge that the EULA holds me to binding arbitration.

There would be no financial benefit to me, but I could cost them money for a while.

And that's assuming I don't get squirrely and cherrypick a county for taking them to court, like the RIAA does for abusing the DMCA. You can bend a lot of stuff by picking a judge who will flat out say "yes, this is under my jurisdiction, no, you are not immune."

The only drawback is filing paperwork like that does not have the immediate bang-lols-for-your-buck that forum justice has, and people might lose interest along the way.

SirBryghtside:

brainslurper:

SirBryghtside:

Grah.

Liara thing? Huh?

I haven't read anything on the ME3 story, but am already disappointed with the copy/pasted gameplay.

In mass effect 2, they pretty much entirely disregarded liara's character and rewrote her to pretty much the polar opposite of who she was before to fill another role in the story. And most of the other characters in ME2 were too dull engage in a conversation with.

MaximumTacos:
Here's another guy who got the brunt of their automated filter:

http://imageshack.us/f/233/easupportwarning2facebo.jpg/

That's right. Violation for someone else's post.

Yeah, but that's that quoting other people's posts is still a violation bullshit we've seen before. It's still bullshit, but not as egregious as what it sounds like your issue is.

It sounds like your issue is, if I were to go on to the EA Origins forums and say "MaximumTacos is a lizard hugging monster" (if "lizard hugging monster" was actually an offensive insult), then you'd get the ban.

What we're seeing from Daish is I called you a lizard hugging monster, and then you responded with a coherent post about the merits of reptilian camaraderie, and then you get banned for saying "lizard hugging monster".

What I'm getting at though is this, did I misunderstand your situation? Were you slapped for quoting someone else, or was it literally someone else talking about you in their post that got you slapped with the ban?

brainslurper:

SirBryghtside:
Liara thing? Huh?

In mass effect 2, they pretty much entirely disregarded liara's character and rewrote her to pretty much the polar opposite of who she was before to fill another role in the story. And most of the other characters in ME2 were too dull engage in a conversation with.

Honestly, every recurring character from ME1 does that or comes down with a terminal case of "teh stupids" in ME2.

And all of this is just off the top of my head, there are loads more kicking around. If anything Liara is one of the least mauled characters, though admittedly that is a bit like being the only survivor of an ipecac spiked sushi eating contest.

The Old Republic pulls the same kind of shit towards KOTOR2's Exile to a degree that makes their treatment of MaxTacos seem kind and genteel.

I am 99% sure that it was a case of my username being in his post, and his post being immediately before or after my post. Having it happen just based on username and no other connection to the thread for that username is just too much for me to believe.

I would remember quoting it because whenever you quote on battlelog forums, you have to snip out that "leave a reply..." bit from their actual post that's being quoted, which gives you another look at it down in the reply box, and I'd also remember his terrible swearing ability. NBC is just something an angry 12 year old would say.

The reddit story is getting a lot of downvotes, can you guys help a bit and give some upvotes?

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/my2c5/suspension_from_battlelog_forums_origin_ban/

MaximumTacos:
The reddit story is getting a lot of downvotes, can you guys help a bit and give some upvotes?

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/my2c5/suspension_from_battlelog_forums_origin_ban/

You're now on the front page of r/gaming. Hopefully it raises the rage levels of gamers that little higher concerning Origin.

Also, good show posting it on Reddit. If there was ever a website where people love to outwardly complain about things, it's Reddit, meaning it is the perfect place for you to post.

I hope your account issues become resolved in the near future and can continue playing the games you enjoy.

Calumon: I hope you can have fun again away from big meanies who won't let you have fun. : (

If they EVER decide to ban me based on a simple swear word then fine, fuck them, they will have permanently lost my money. That is when I will simply get their game through "other methods".

Actually I just checked your Battlelog profile.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/MaximumTacos/

Fun comments I found.

Cry some more, obsessive about me much? :3

Leave a reply...You're such a moron. Would you expect me to criticize the IRNV without ever trying it? Duh.

Two of the most dumb things said in this thread, I hope you're proud of yourself.

Last quote was taken from http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489490630477/2/

That thread though is one huge flamebait thread and while they did censor the first post. Plenty of people quoted it.

You where a troll and now you act surprised about being banned?

So sorry I don't think you're telling the truth but just want to ruin EA reputation.

Zefar:

Fun comments I found.

Leave a reply...You're such a moron. Would you expect me to criticize the IRNV without ever trying it? Duh.

Two of the most dumb things said in this thread, I hope you're proud of yourself.

Last quote was taken from http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489490630477/2/

That thread though is one huge flamebait thread and while they did censor the first post. Plenty of people quoted it.

So sorry I don't think you're telling the truth but just want to ruin EA reputation.

Was the ban for trolling though? Nope, it was for something he didn't even say.

How exactly would this be staged to set up EA to "ruin their reputation" (which IMO is already pretty garbage with past tricks), especially when other people have reported the same as OP?

Zefar:

Fun comments I found.

Nice copy paste from a broken-englished hall-monitor wannabe:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2267612&page=3

Funny how he's showing my posts but not the posts of other people in those threads. Cherrypick much?

DecoyBeacon:

How exactly would this be staged to set up EA to "ruin their reputation" (which IMO is already pretty garbage with past tricks), especially when other people have reported the same as OP?

How are you so sure he's telling the truth? He was a troll on their forums and he didn't even TRY to get his account unbanned in the pictures he post. He also post no evidence of the post that he got banned for either.

He isn't staging this to ruin EA reputation more, he's just a troll getting more and more out of it. When I posted this post on the Steam forums he shut up and hasn't made a post since. Before he was quick to try to defend himself with "Guess you didn't read where I didn't say that."

But the moment I brought out those quotes of him and he's the topic starter of a huge flamebait thread as well. The last comment might have been the one that triggered his full ban.

The other people might also be trolls as well. This is the internet and EA have been in the hot spot for some time. With plenty of haters of BF3 from the BF2 games there are bound to be trolls that do this.

Zefar:

DecoyBeacon:

How are you so sure he's telling the truth? He was a troll on their forums and he didn't even TRY to get his account unbanned in the pictures he post. He also post no evidence of the post that he got banned for either.

He isn't staging this to ruin EA reputation more, he's just a troll getting more and more out of it. When I posted this post on the Steam forums he shut up and hasn't made a post since. Before he was quick to try to defend himself with "Guess you didn't read where I didn't say that."

But the moment I brought out those quotes of him and he's the topic starter of a huge flamebait thread as well. The last comment might have been the one that triggered his full ban.

The other people might also be trolls as well. This is the internet and EA have been in the hot spot for some time. With plenty of haters of BF3 from the BF2 games there are bound to be trolls that do this.

Stop being an intellectually dishonest prat.

I've tried constantly since this happened to get my account un-terminated, verified with support that the banning related post was the IRNV NBC comment, which I never made. Would you like to listen in on another call into support? I'll do a skype conference.

He won't, of course. He'll tell me that I somehow am able to fake EA's support phone tree, because I have a PBX in my basement with voice recognition menu software.

Versuvius:

But Steam -doesn't- unless you really go out of your way.

That's not enough for the major distinction made here.

gmergurl:

Okay, should I edit my first post to make it clearer? I did not say "Steam rules, read the ToS." I didn't even say "steam rules; read the ToS" I said "Steam rules, but that sucks that happened to you. However you should read the ToS to make sure you have a case."

Splitting hairs for the win.

Also, EA is issuing custom dogtags to people for trolling, so mister hall monitor has pretty much zero point about that.

http://i.imgur.com/oJihI.jpg

I wasn't trolling, though. Read the threads for context.

Thanks for getting this on r/gaming!

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/myzmr/guy_got_banned_from_ea_forums_for_an_offending/c34zfa7

"[-]FraggotMan 7 points8 points9 points 1 hour ago

Nope. He got banned for hacking. Check his BF3 profile page"

what.jpg

MaximumTacos:
Also, EA is issuing custom dogtags to people for trolling, so mister hall monitor has pretty much zero point about that.

http://i.imgur.com/oJihI.jpg

I wasn't trolling, though. Read the threads for context.

Keep telling that you wasn't trolling but calling people morons or saying that the thing they said was the most stupid thing in the entire thread is insulting.
The huge thread about IRNV nerf was also flame baiting because you where begging for their tears. Several comments of yours had been censored by Moderators so you ain't exactly a good forum user.

You are a troll, it is a fact. Also as for EA sending out dogtags to them, AND?

Btw I've been asking about the proof of the post he got banned for. He has yet to post it. Figures as he probably don't have one.

If a quote was censored by moderators, it was probably because I quoted someone else.

I guess you think that moderators only censor the posting of someone and if someone else quotes it, they don't mess with that.
Hold on, I'm going to make another recording of calling EA support.

Zefar:

Well given how the forum posts in the thread where he was banned are now "hidden by a battlelog administrator", you can't really tell at all, but obviously there is something to his story as those posts would not have otherwise been hidden now would they? All he has is the quote from EA what he got banned for in the email he got. You want him to some how access a forum hes banned from to access posts which are now hidden by admins? Ok good luck with that one. Let me know when you've cracked time travel to view his ban unfolding.

Ive seen the steam forums too and there are plenty of people there making fun of EA for the banning(s).

Flamebait topics and trolling theres tons of them on battlelog pretty much all of them get to stay too they just get bumped off the front page by even more troll/flame topics, have you even seen them? One thing which isn't in all of OP's forum posts you highlighted lack though is any form of swearing. Personally I hate the IRNV too, its pretty much gamebreaking, so it probably does skew my position on things, up to the point of he was banned based on a forum post permanently, which it doesn't matter who it is (short of someone going on a racist homophobic xenophobic tirade) shouldn't result in permanent ban from every EA game they've ever sniffed at, past present and future. If OP's previous posts where so offensive why is not banned for them? or when he made that topic? Even so it wouldnt have been acceptable to ban someone from ALL EA services for such a thing.

All in all you asking for definitive proof which doesn't exist and are ultimately pinning a common occurrence on EA forums as the reason for OP's ban, when that so far isn't the case, the ball is in EA's court to prove it isn't the case. Until that happens, EA is in the wrong, after all it isn't the first time they've done ridiculous things like this is it? its far from an uncommon thing over there, it just gets more and more insane each time. In before EA bans everyone who sides with people who where unfairly banned through out all of time.

Edit: nevermind, thats some weird lag in posting, nothing to see here.

DecoyBeacon:
[Well given how the forum posts in the thread where he was banned are now "hidden by a battlelog administrator",

Mods on Battlelog don't edit out quotes if you quote someone who later gets moderated, they just nuke the whole post.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked