Mass Effect 3 will be incomplete

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Aprilgold:

Mate, its like making Princess Peach a freaking DLC. She is a pivotal plot point to keep the player moving and to start each game by getting kidnapped.

Oh so you've played ME3 all the way through and know that this DLC character is key to the plot of the whole game?

lacktheknack:

Drop this. You clearly don't give a damn about anything I say.

Hey that's my line! He said there ME3 went gold feburary 13th. Right there, right there on his god damn twitter. Anything else is irrelevant.

ALSO CONSIDERING THE DEMO WAS RELEASED the day after, that makes freaking sense.

The prothean is mushrooms. Bioware claims this (you know, the people who MADE IT), and it makes sense.

How do you figure? I mean, do we have to do a history lesson here. me1=prothean beacon that state the game prothean override that ends the game and saved the citadel.

me2: protheans are the collectors = start the game plot.

The pepperoni is the whole "Fight the Reapers" thing that the blasted series is about. The series was about the protheans for about an hour in the first game, and then Shepherd interacted with the beacon and then the focus completely changed. The importance of the protheans was immensely reduced at the end of game one anyways.

Keep mangling up those definitions. "fight the reaper" thing is only part of the game. Theres the whole lore thing you keep sidelining. Is lore important to the game?

The game can be completed satisfactorily without a prothean squadmate.

Oh, now its "completed" satisfactorily". Is lore essential to the game?

Answer me this; why are you buying Mass Effect 3. is it for the final boss?

lacktheknack:

Zeel:
No you did not. "content ready" is NOT GOLD. stop PRETENDING IT IS.

... Content ready is all that I care about.

The content wasn't ready if it didn't go gold.

Midgeamoo:

Aprilgold:

Mate, its like making Princess Peach a freaking DLC. She is a pivotal plot point to keep the player moving and to start each game by getting kidnapped.

Oh so you've played ME3 all the way through and know that this DLC character is key to the plot of the whole game?

The leaks say as much.

Zeel:

Midgeamoo:

Aprilgold:

The leaks say as much.

there is a thread on the bioware forum that said he was just fan service

00slash00:

Zhukov:

We don't know what role the DLC character plays. How do you know he is a "vital part of the lore" any more than, say, Kasumi? All the guy in the video says is, "He's a fucking Prothean!" Because that's all he knows about it.

true, it is mostly speculation. but given the significance of that race to the story of the game and its lore, it seems like it would likely be a really important character and could provide a lot of answers. game companies have done shit like this before, like final fantasy 13-2 making one of the endings of the game, dlc

Kasumi was human, which given their importance to the lore, means she might have been vital to the story...except she wasn't. She was a cool extra character, with a neat loyalty mission.

Midgeamoo:

Aprilgold:

Hold on while I fetch the wiki on the Protheans.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Prothean

I once again go back to it, if its something that is this important to the story, it is very important still, despite how they handle it. Actually, going back on it, you took what was essentially a joke and want to argue with me on it. Thats hilarious as hell.

Finishing statement. It will be very much a story changer, despite how they want to handle it, if its anything but people will whine, if its anything more then people will feel cheated and maybe a little bit happy they did it anyway.

This thread again?

Well basically to sum up why Bioware is NOT scamming you1

1. the character is still in the game
2. the Dlc only makes him recruitable
3. the dlc is not needed to get the full story or best ending.

Frostbite3789:

00slash00:

Zhukov:

We don't know what role the DLC character plays. How do you know he is a "vital part of the lore" any more than, say, Kasumi? All the guy in the video says is, "He's a fucking Prothean!" Because that's all he knows about it.

true, it is mostly speculation. but given the significance of that race to the story of the game and its lore, it seems like it would likely be a really important character and could provide a lot of answers. game companies have done shit like this before, like final fantasy 13-2 making one of the endings of the game, dlc

Kasumi was human, which given their importance to the lore, means she might have been vital to the story...except she wasn't. She was a cool extra character, with a neat loyalty mission.

wait...what? i think i see the point youre trying to make but considering your party already has a bunch of humans, i dont think anyone expected one more human to increase the games lore or add much to the story. correct me if im wrong, but you dont already have an abundance of protheins in your party

Aprilgold:

Midgeamoo:

Aprilgold:

I once again go back to it, if its something that is this important to the story, it is very important still, despite how they handle it.

Also, I am very sick of this "YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING BAD TILL ITS OUT" shit. Is that why we all condemn CoD like its the fucking anti-christ? The next game isn't out, you can't bash CoD until the next game is out. I never even said that it would be important to gampeplay, but story wise it will be very important, which is obvious.

there important but i don't see why having one on your team is important to the lore or even the story

Aprilgold:

Zhukov:
[Snip]

Mate, its like making Princess Peach a freaking DLC. She is a pivotal plot point to keep the player moving and to start each game by getting kidnapped. The Protheans make the character imporant in the universe, and serve as a setting stone. I can also guess that if it isn't anything but a big DLC then people will bitch about such a wasted opportunity. Its taking Dev time away from the main product for something to be shipped out afterwards, so the game will not have as high of a polish then it would if they didn't do this.

Like I've already said, how do you know that the Prothean constitutes a pivotal plot point?

You don't. All you can say is, "It's a Prothean!" Because that is all you know. His importance depends on how the story is structured and what role he plays in it.

Like I've also already said, if he does turn out to be vital to the plot, then sure, that's some dodgy price gouging. Although if he is pivotal, why would he be handed off to the DLC team and tacked on at the end? That's like building the foundations after you've already completed the house.

Lastly, the phrase "taking dev time away from the main product" demonstrates that you are not aware of the processes of game development.

Also, just going to say it, that last statement makes you look like a tosser...

Do know what the best part is about having a generally low opinion of a certain group of people?

You don't get upset when one of them says you look like a tosser. It's brilliant.

It's an EA game now. Of course there's day one DLC.

tony2077:

Aprilgold:

Midgeamoo:

I once again go back to it, if its something that is this important to the story, it is very important still, despite how they handle it.

Also, I am very sick of this "YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING BAD TILL ITS OUT" shit. Is that why we all condemn CoD like its the fucking anti-christ? The next game isn't out, you can't bash CoD until the next game is out. I never even said that it would be important to gampeplay, but story wise it will be very important, which is obvious.

there important but i don't see why having one on your team is important to the lore or even the story

Its a living prothean, which have been said to be extinct. "OK everyone, were going to beam down to the planet, me and the prothean are going to hang" once on planet "HOLY SHIT ITS A PROTHEAN, EVERYONE ALERT THE MEDIA, THESE DUDES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD AS SHIT SON!" But on a much larger scale. Hell, even Shephard would be like "OMFG ITS A PROTHEAN!" since its basically his whole reason for being important.

Within the context on the story, its impossible for them to play this off as a low-key character when he is part of a extinct race that is heavily important to the lore.

Zhukov:
snippies

I'm just going to fetch the wiki and you can read up on it yourself for why its important to the lore.
*spoiler, thats a lot of reading.*

There is a small time in-between a game being sold to the masses, and a time where its still in development. Within this period the artists have not much or anything at all to do, however, what some games have done during this time is allow the artists to make skins for weapons / items as pre-order DLC, which would require minimal coding. A brand new character that is probably going to be played up is going to take more time on the coders and general making stuff people, I'm generalizing because I am forgetting the job title.

And lastly, that was my point with that statement, so how do you think I feel that you called me a self entitled dick? Double edged sword, friend, double edged sword.

Midgeamoo:

Aprilgold:

Get a clue, I mean it's not hard figuring out that the character is going to be important. Stop being in such denial, if you wanna buy the game and show EA that these shitty tactics do work, go right ahead. But don't you dare make this into a small deal, throw it aside like it's nothing. It is a big deal, I shouldn't have to pay for it and neither should you or anyone else!

I'm not a fan of Mass Effect, I think it's good and have considered buying the third game. But knowing this I simply wont buy it, I might borrow it from a friend later on, and get the stripped down version instead of the actual game. Seriously, EA, you're making Activision look awesome, then you're doing something wrong...

Sad that so many gamers are just going to roll over for EA. EA games are just going to evolve into more of this shit, and "DLC the game" will become reality, mark my word fools!

Zeel:

lacktheknack:

Drop this. You clearly don't give a damn about anything I say.

Hey that's my line! He said there ME3 went gold feburary 13th. Right there, right there on his god damn twitter. Anything else is irrelevant.

ALSO CONSIDERING THE DEMO WAS RELEASED the day after, that makes freaking sense.

The prothean is mushrooms. Bioware claims this (you know, the people who MADE IT), and it makes sense.

How do you figure? I mean, do we have to do a history lesson here. me1=prothean beacon that state the game prothean override that ends the game and saved the citadel.

me2: protheans are the collectors = start the game plot.

The pepperoni is the whole "Fight the Reapers" thing that the blasted series is about. The series was about the protheans for about an hour in the first game, and then Shepherd interacted with the beacon and then the focus completely changed. The importance of the protheans was immensely reduced at the end of game one anyways.

Keep mangling up those definitions. "fight the reaper" thing is only part of the game. Theres the whole lore thing you keep sidelining. Is lore important to the game?

The game can be completed satisfactorily without a prothean squadmate.

Oh, now its "completed" satisfactorily". Is lore essential to the game?

Answer me this; why are you buying Mass Effect 3. is it for the final boss?

lacktheknack:

Zeel:
No you did not. "content ready" is NOT GOLD. stop PRETENDING IT IS.

... Content ready is all that I care about.

The content wasn't ready if it didn't go gold.

Congratulations, that's your line. Sadly, it's not Bioware's line. If you can't stand this, then keep whining impotently or just don't buy.

And the Protheans were one of fifty billion other advanced races that got eaten. Hoorah? And yes, lore is important. Having a piece of the lore on your squad DOES NOT EFFECT the lore.

I'll repeat, THE LORE IS UNAFFECTED BY THIS SQUADMATE.

Again? THE LORE IS UNAFFECTED BY THIS SQUADMATE.

Shall I say it again until you actually acknowledge things I say? THE LORE IS UNAFFECTED BY THIS SQUADMATE.

THE LORE IS UNAFFECTED BY THIS SQUADMATE.

How exactly would the last Prothean alive, who cannot breed or repopulate the species, become integral to the lore of Mass Effect? Congrats, you found a Prothean. What use is he other than an exposition dump? The stuff he says can't become integral later on in the series, because the series is over. Any major effect he would have on the lore would happen AFTER Mass Effect 3 is over.

You also say that "Content ready is not gold", followed immediately by "It's not content-ready if it's not gold". Contradiction!

Also, I'm not buying Mass Effect 3 for completely different reasons. If I was to buy it, it would be for completion of the Reapers Attack storyline, yes.

SajuukKhar:
This thread again?

Where did you learn this?

Do you have a link?

[quote=

Aprilgold:

tony2077:

Aprilgold:

Its a living prothean, which have been said to be extinct. "OK everyone, were going to beam down to the planet, me and the prothean are going to hang" once on planet "HOLY SHIT ITS A PROTHEAN, EVERYONE ALERT THE MEDIA, THESE DUDES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD AS SHIT SON!" But on a much larger scale. Hell, even Shephard would be like "OMFG ITS A PROTHEAN!" since its basically his whole reason for being important.

Within the context on the story, its impossible for them to play this off as a low-key character when he is part of a extinct race that is heavily important to the lore.

still its doesn't change the fact that one of the bioware people said it was fan service made after the game was done. since i don't work for them i can't say if its the truth but i don't really have any reason to believe otherwise. since we use there tech anyway and it is reaper tech so he doesn't bring anything important to the table

Aprilgold:

You forget that Mass Effect 3 is a thirty-hour game.

Even if the Prothean held the secrets to utopia and turned out to be the biggest deal ever, it wouldn't happen until after Mass Effect 3 (and by extension, the series) is over. And the whole debacle is based entirely around how this effects Mass Effect 3.

lacktheknack:

rokema:
Being a squadmate, the Prothean will affect the story and gameplay of the player.
Even if he is a small part of the story and doesn't really have a huge impact doesn't mean he isn't important. Like Tom bombadil in LOTR, he didn't do shit but the book wouldn't be the same without him.

But they made a perfectly satisfying version without him (the movie). Sure, it's not the same, but I doubt people felt outright ripped off by him not being in the movie.

What if there was a version with tom bombadil in the movie but you had to pay an extra 10 bucks to see it?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Zhukov:

00slash00:

No, it's all speculation.

Why anyone would throw these childish online tantrums over purely speculative matters is a mystery to me.

Fucking gamers, man. Most entitled pack of whiners I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

I know, right? How dare the demand value for their money and condemn shameful business practices! Bunch of dicks.

You know this post doesn't really make you sound like the smartest person on this site. You're pretty much saying that we deserve value for our hard earned money, but that EA does not deserve to earn money for their work.

Crazycat690:

Sad that so many gamers are just going to roll over for EA. EA games are just going to evolve into more of this shit, and "DLC the game" will become reality, mark my word fools!

Oh just give it a rest, people are just getting pathetic about this absolute non-issue.

For one thing, if the DLC/CE is a flop compared to the normal game's sales, they probably wont do it again no matter how many people buy the normal edition, me buying the standard edition will not fuel their satanic, apocalyptic blood omen of a DLC that everybody seems to think it is.

ash-brewster:

Acrisius:

scnj:
WAAGH! Bioware is charging extra for DLC that was created after the game was sent for certification and therefore separately budgeted! WAAGH! EA is worse than Hitler! WAAGH! I know everything about this piece of content that I haven't seen a single screenshot of based on a single piece of leaked information! WAAGH! I'm entitled to get it for free, just because.

I agree, let's get an Orc WAAAGH! going. WAAAGH!!! GREEN IZ BEST!!

Don't Orks generally favour red because wed makes you go fastah?

True, but Orkz are green. Thus Green iz best. ;)

lacktheknack:

Aprilgold:

Even if the Prothean held the secrets to utopia and turned out to be the biggest deal ever, it wouldn't happen until after Mass Effect 3 (and by extension, the series) is over. And the whole debacle is based entirely around how this effects Mass Effect 3.

I just don't thinks there any way to downplay his existence near Shephard if he is part of their crew or on their ship without the media going "OH SHIT SON!" Its such a big plot point of the series, that if it isn't played up on right then it will look cheap and tacky on EA's side.

Midgeamoo:

Crazycat690:

Oh just give it a rest, people are just getting pathetic about this absolute non-issue.

For one thing, if the DLC/CE is a flop compared to the normal game's sales, they probably wont do it again no matter how many people buy the normal edition, me buying the standard edition will not fuel their satanic, apocalyptic blood omen of a DLC that everybody seems to think it is.

It will because the publisher does receive a hefty amount of the profits, infact, all of it. The Dev's get payed regular salaries and then a little extra if the game goes well. This is all a debacle about making money, just plain cut, dry and simple. And if it does well, they push more and more until they can't do it anymore.

rokema:

lacktheknack:

rokema:
Being a squadmate, the Prothean will affect the story and gameplay of the player.
Even if he is a small part of the story and doesn't really have a huge impact doesn't mean he isn't important. Like Tom bombadil in LOTR, he didn't do shit but the book wouldn't be the same without him.

But they made a perfectly satisfying version without him (the movie). Sure, it's not the same, but I doubt people felt outright ripped off by him not being in the movie.

What if there was a version with tom bombadil in the movie but you had to pay an extra 10 bucks to see it?

Considering that the game is $60 while a movie ticket is about $12, you mean pay an extra two dollars for it.

And I wouldn't, but I know a few people who would. Good for us. We'll both like what we get.

Aprilgold:

lacktheknack:

Aprilgold:

I just don't thinks there any way to downplay his existence near Shephard if he is part of their crew or on their ship without the media going "OH SHIT SON!" Its such a big plot point of the series, that if it isn't played up on right then it will look cheap and tacky on EA's side.

Well, I'm hearing that he exists in the game anyways, the DLC just makes him a squad member.

That kind of fixes everything, doesn't it?

Yopaz:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Zhukov:

No, it's all speculation.

Why anyone would throw these childish online tantrums over purely speculative matters is a mystery to me.

Fucking gamers, man. Most entitled pack of whiners I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

I know, right? How dare the demand value for their money and condemn shameful business practices! Bunch of dicks.

You know this post doesn't really make you sound like the smartest person on this site. You're pretty much saying that we deserve value for our hard earned money, but that EA does not deserve to earn money for their work.

I am?

Explain how. Im listening.

rokema:

lacktheknack:

rokema:

Oh you mean like say....a Directors Cut version?

lacktheknack:

Well, I'm hearing that he exists in the game anyways, the DLC just makes him a squad member.

Depends if he can go on landing parties and what other squad members have to say about him being there. You get what I'm getting at, don't you? There is no way to downplay him unless everyone drops intelligence while he's around.

lacktheknack:

Aprilgold:

lacktheknack:

See this is what I thought too. From what I've heard it sounds comparable to Liara with the Shadow Broker DLC. She's in the game anyway and interacts with Sheppard. DLC adds her as a squadmate and gives a new mission. Main story isn't affected at all.

SajuukKhar:
This thread again?

...I like you. :-)

anthony87:

lacktheknack:

Aprilgold:

See this is what I thought too. From what I've heard it sounds comparable to Liara with the Shadow Broker DLC. She's in the game anyway and interacts with Sheppard. DLC adds her as a squadmate and gives a new mission. Main story isn't affected at all.

its like that but i think he becomes a selectable squad member unlike Liara in me2

Zeel:

RJ 17:
In reverse order: "Integral" as in if you removed them from the game, it would be drastically different. That will likely not be the case here. As I mentioned, you'll miss out on a sidequest or two and a bit more lore, beyond that the game will be exactly the same regardless of if this character is on your squad or not.

what do you mean by "drastically" different? So if it's only slightly different its okay? I'm trying to understand where you stand here. What content to you consider necessary for Mass Effect 3.

As for the second issue, Zaeed didn't come with the game, he came with Cerberus Network, which was only free if you bought the game new...and I seem to recall they even stopped giving out the Cerberus Network with game sales a few months after release, could be wrong on that part. So he was not free with any purchase as if you bought the game used you'd have to buy Cerberus Network to get him.

you are wrong here. Zaeed is free with any new purchase of the game. that to me is a big difference. Trying to give people incentives to buy the game and forcing them to pay 10 for the complete game.

The game is full. The game is complete. You just seem to be another EA hater (not that you're not justified in hating them) that feels like flipping out over every announcement as though EA personally came to your house and murdered your hamster. So yeah, if missing out on one sidequest that will ultimately not have a greater impact on the story as a whole (this being based off of previous Bioware DLC characters) means the game is "incomplete", then don't buy the game. It's that simple.

It's not complete if certain missions and characters are being removed for special content. "complete" means 100% not 99% not 99.5%. 100 percent.

Quite frankly I think the reason people are getting so upset about this isn't because EA is "dicing up the game and selling it to us in pieces", but rather the simple fact that the bonus character for buying the Collect's Edition is a Prothean. If it was another human merc like Zaeed, I doubt everyone would be up in arms about this. Personally I'm actually rather happy that they're doing this.

It goes back to my previous post and the quote from myself that I pulled from another one of these topics:

You can speculate all you want. the other difference between Zaeed and the prothean is one was free with purchase the other costs 10 freaking bucks.

RJ 17:
So you can look at it as them wanting to milk more money from the game by having people buy the collector's edition or pay to download the character. [b]Or you can look at it as them rewarding the fans that are loyal enough to be interested in all the other stuff that comes with the collector's edition by adding a free character to that pile of extra stuff

Oh yes, we can spin it in the way thats postive! sorry, I'm going to stick with reality here. This is what is happening the game is not full and they are taking out missions and characters just so some idiots buy n7 collectors edition for no reason. if you guys really were "loyal". You wouldn't need "extra content" now would you?

Change your perspective and it's actually a rather gracious move: rather than making this character exclusive for those people who shell out for the Collector's Edition, they're actually offering it to the general public as well. He's one of the many free bonuses that come with the CE, and that's perfectly fine. As I'm NOT getting the CE, I'm glad that I at least have the option to pick up this character if I so desire rather than it being "Nope, screw you for not buying the CE. No Prothean for you!"

OH OH OH I GET IT! I have to spin this in a way that its acceptable to do shady business tactics. I am not suspending logic just so you guys feel better about supporting such unethical tactics. shame on you.

To points 1-4: Yeah, Zaeed was free with NEW purchases which came with the Cerberus Network code. If you bought the game used, you had to pay $10. Were you crying about that fact? Wait...actually you probably were, so nevermind.

As for the rest, the "what do you mean by drastically changed" or "the game isn't complete" yes it is. Here's the point: remove Zaeed and/or Kasumi from ME 2. What happens to the story due to their absence? Are any relationships changed? Any plotpoints? How is the story affected by their absence? The answer: it's not. You still work for Cerberus. Joker's still your pilot. Illusive Man still leads you around by the nose. Collectors are still the badguys. Suicide Mission is still the end, and you're still only given 2 choices as far as what to do with the Collector base. Now that Cerberus Network is officially offline, I've come to notice that Zaeed isn't even in the game anymore (because he's part of the network, not his own package). And from the playthrough I just completed I can tell you for certain: the game is not different for lack of Zaeed.

Just like the game will not be different for lack of the Prothean party member.

As for your final two points, now you're officially just stretching to keep your side of the argument going. What I said was perfectly logical and valid: a character that is free if you buy the CE version of the game is made available to for a fee...there's nothing wrong with that. By your logic, this situation would be perfectly fine if the Prothean was exclusively for people who buy the CE. Then every else wouldn't have to pay $10 for it and it would truly be an exclusive "Thanks for buying the CE version" bonus. It's not spin to say it's actually nice of them to offer something like that to people who buy the standard version, it's fact.

As for your gripes about the CE in general, those are rather baseless as well. People aren't buying the CE just for the DLC that comes with it. They're buying it because they want ALL that crap. They want the Shepard statue, the soundtrack, the art book, they want it wall. Why? Because they're super fans. They're collectors. They want the game memorabilia. You - and many others - seem to think that they're selling all this extra stuff like action figures and art books just as an excuse to sell more DLC codes, that is just plain stupid. They're selling the action figures and what-not because people who like certain series have been known to want to buy collectible stuff from those series. The fact that they come with a DLC is bonus. In short: they're not selling DLC codes that come with an action figure or art book, they're selling art books and action figures that come with a DLC. Is it impossible to think that people actually want the ITEMS and that the DLC codes are just a bonus?

Is it impossible to think that people who buy the CE version want all the extra ME stuff that comes with it and that the DLC codes are just a bonus?

Or maybe you're just against the concept of in-game bonuses in general. Were you pissed off about the fact that only people who pre-ordered ME 2 got the Black Hole cannon? That was Day 1 DLC, shouldn't it have been in the standard game? Is ME 2 incomplete because not everyone got that gun? If you believe that to be the case, then what we have here is a simple difference of perspective...that or you're just being stubborn.

Fact: The Prothean member is a DLC bonus that comes with buying the CE version.
Fact: They could have made this character completely unavailable to anyone who didn't buy the CE version. Would that have made you happier? Or would you be complaining "OMG ONLY THE CE BUYERS GET A PROTHEAN SQUAD MEMBER!"

So which would you prefer? Only people with the CE getting exclusive content such as this? Because they could have easily done that and been well within the norm. By doing this, they're avoiding the outcry that would come from fans who'd be PISSED that only people with the CE get a Prothean.

But, going back to my original point: it isn't a big deal. The story will be 100% exactly the same - minus a sidequest or two for the new squadmate - regardless of whether or not you get the Prothean...just as ME 2 was the same whether or not you had Zaeed and/or Kasumi.

lacktheknack:

Congratulations, that's your line. Sadly, it's not Bioware's line. If you can't stand this, then keep whining impotently or just don't buy.

sadly Bioware's line doesn't mean shit. We have game standards and shit. thats why "going gold" is a UNIVERSAL game term. So yeah, if Bioware decided that 2 hours counts as an RPG gaming experience, do you want to know how well that shit would fly in the market? Yeah. Not well to say the least.

And the Protheans were one of fifty billion other advanced races that got eaten. Hoorah? And yes, lore is important.

This is over. If lore is important then a squadmate that further develops the lore IS ALSO important. Do not try to jump around this issue.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN BRO?
"Unaffected"? Do you guys know how silly you look. THis is how ficial your position is

first it was "not vital" then it was "not significant" now its "unaffected". AHAHAHAHAHAHA your side is so fucking flimsy. I'm not even sure what you mean by 'unaffected'. Are you telling me that taking away lore doesn't effect the lore? huh?

Shall I say it again until you actually acknowledge things I say? THE LORE IS UNAFFECTED BY THIS SQUADMATE.

REPEATING IT DOESNT MAKE IT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF THE SQUADEMATE INFLUENCES THE LORE BY ITS VERY DEFINITION IT AFFECTS IT. USE YOUR HEAD.

how exactly would the last Prothean alive, who cannot breed or repopulate the species, become integral to the lore of Mass Effect? Congrats, you found a Prothean. What use is he other than an exposition dump? The stuff he says can't become integral later on in the series, because the series is over. Any major effect he would have on the lore would happen AFTER Mass Effect 3 is over.

Let's not get into the leak. but do you honestly think the sole survivor of the reaper exctinction has nothing of value to add to the plot? I mean nothing at all? How do you think Shepard wins? could it be GASP the same way he won in me1 with help from the protheans. No, that can't fucking be it. Adding to lore also affects it by the way. Exposition in an RPG is also important.

You also say that "Content ready is not gold", followed immediately by "It's not content-ready if it's not gold". Contradiction!

THe only "contradiction' here is you guys; You guys are claiming content ready and gold are two different things. They aren't. It's either ready or its not.

Also, I'm not buying Mass Effect 3 for completely different reasons. If I was to buy it, it would be for completion of the Reapers Attack storyline, yes.

So then, story is important right? so a character that adds to the story is important. good job sir.

anthony87:

rokema:

lacktheknack:

Oh you mean like say....a Directors Cut version?

No such thing as Directors cuts in Video games, unless you're talking about animations or extra content that gets made AFTER the game is released and not during it's development.

Zeel:

lacktheknack:

sadly Bioware's line doesn't mean shit. We have game standards and shit. thats why "going gold" is a UNIVERSAL game term. So yeah, if Bioware decided that 2 hours counts as an RPG gaming experience, do you want to know how well that shit would fly in the market? Yeah. Not well to say the least.

And the Protheans were one of fifty billion other advanced races that got eaten. Hoorah? And yes, lore is important.

This is over. If lore is important then a squadmate that further develops the lore IS ALSO important. Do not try to jump around this issue.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN BRO?
"Unaffected"? Do you guys know how silly you look. THis is how ficial your position is

first it was "not vital" then it was "not significant" now its "unaffected". AHAHAHAHAHAHA your side is so fucking flimsy. I'm not even sure what you mean by 'unaffected'. Are you telling me that taking away lore doesn't effect the lore? huh?

REPEATING IT DOESNT MAKE IT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF THE SQUADEMATE INFLUENCES THE LORE BY ITS VERY DEFINITION IT AFFECTS IT. USE YOUR HEAD.

how exactly would the last Prothean alive, who cannot breed or repopulate the species, become integral to the lore of Mass Effect? Congrats, you found a Prothean. What use is he other than an exposition dump? The stuff he says can't become integral later on in the series, because the series is over. Any major effect he would have on the lore would happen AFTER Mass Effect 3 is over.

Let's not get into the leak. but do you honestly think the sole survivor of the reaper exctinction has nothing of value to add to the plot? I mean nothing at all? How do you think Shepard wins? could it be GASP the same way he won in me1 with help from the protheans. No, that can't fucking be it. Adding to lore also affects it by the way. Exposition in an RPG is also important.

THe only "contradiction' here is you guys; You guys are claiming content ready and gold are two different things. They aren't. It's either ready or its not.

So then, story is important right? so a character that adds to the story is important. good job sir.

i repeat what he said it doesn't add anything other then there is one of them still alive unless he can pull a dues ex machina out of his ass i don't think he changes the lore or story

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked