N7 Level 50 for the win!

Pages PREV 1 2

The first time I performed a grab over cover made me cackle with glee... also managed to get two Atlases (Atli?) with one rocket, which was nice

Tohuvabohu:

Fappy:

I do hope they bugfix the hell out of multiplayer though. Almost every game (sepecially on Silver or Gold) we run into to some super bugged stuff. Damage seems very inconsistent on higher difficulties especially in regards to Phantoms.

I only rarely ran into a few bugs. The only major ones were clipping bugs.

I have noticed the inconsistent damage though. I know Phantoms can "deflect" attacks with their hands, but even attacks obviously hit them don't really add up.

When my asari friend puts one in a stasis, and I hit them with my turian sentinel warp attack, I sometimes blast the utter hell out of them and knock off their barriers plus some health with one biotic explosion.

But sometimes, I hit them with a warp whilst stasis'd and it'll barely do any damage to their barriers at all.

He probably maxed out the damage of his warp skill.

I have liked the multiplayer a lot, however have found a lot of little exploits that make the game more managable.

The spawning of enemies can be controlled in any map by placing people in the correct places facing at the correct orientation.

Vanguards seem to suffer from a lot of glitches.

I found that Gold was very challenging with the AI actually trying to flank you most of the time, but I dislike how they will gain SUPER SPEED MOVEMENT the minute you arent looking at them and get too far away. I encountered this a lot while playing as infiltrator and running away when all my team mates had died.

but overall the Experience has been great, met a lot of awesome people, shame about the wipe though, but I guess that is the only fair solution.

I'm enjoying my lvl. 20 Salarian Infiltrator, equipped with just a widow. Me and my friends play privately, with an Infiltrator, Vanguard, Asari Adept and a Sentinel, and we can now get full extraction on gold with little difficulty.

I love my team.

boag:
I have liked the multiplayer a lot, however have found a lot of little exploits that make the game more managable.

The spawning of enemies can be controlled in any map by placing people in the correct places facing at the correct orientation.

Vanguards seem to suffer from a lot of glitches.

I found that Gold was very challenging with the AI actually trying to flank you most of the time, but I dislike how they will gain SUPER SPEED MOVEMENT the minute you arent looking at them and get too far away. I encountered this a lot while playing as infiltrator and running away when all my team mates had died.

but overall the Experience has been great, met a lot of awesome people, shame about the wipe though, but I guess that is the only fair solution.

I agree that Vanguards definitely suffer the most bugs. One time my friend died after a biotic charge and after the next wave started we could not interact with him (revive and stuff) and he was constantly blinking up and down from street level to the sky. On his screen he claimed everything looked right. When one of us would die and watch his screen it was all bugged out and showed him running around in the sky interacting with things on the ground. Shit was fucked up.

Been running primarily with a human engineer and a turian sentinel (turian passive class is definitely the best passive class i've seen so far, haven't encountered Drell or Krogan). Definitely a good time. I especially like that A) it's not just a survival mode; you can actually win and B) that finishing off the extraction actually feels like you've accomplished something.

I played to level 23 or so as a Vanguard. I never knew the charge skill was so fun.

Honestly I only carry a shotgun and teleport every few seconds for AOE damage + shield regen. Almost unkillable on bronze assuming I spam charge.

My favorite moment was teleing an atlas + a ton of enemies around it to death. Just spammed charge until the aoe damage killed everything.

Stopped playing it now since the two maps are getting a bit boring. But when I realised that the Asari Adept was ridiculously overpowered I had good times.

Wharrgarble:
Just to let you know, the Asari Vanguard isn't actually available for unlocking at the moment. Only the third row containing the aliens Aliens can be found (i.e, Drell Vanguard, Krogan Solider, Turian Sentinel, etc...), and the opposite gender for each individual class isn't unlockable either. I was in the same place you were until someone brought that to my attention, so you're not just incredibly unlucky. :D

Oh! So that's how that works! I was wondering. I was hoping to unlock Quarian Infiltrator. Oh well, just have to wait for the full game on March 6th.

Tohuvabohu:
I have a question though. Does anyone know what other enemies you can fight in the multiplayer besides Cerberus? I would love to fight the Geth (my favorite enemies to fight in Mass Effect) I'd love to fight the Collectors again too.

My guess is Cerberus, Husks, maybe some Heretic Geth, and possibly Baterian slavers or merc groups like the Blue Suns.

I doubt the Collectors will be back, as fun as they were to fight. I think Shep pretty much killed them all at the end of ME2.

Hawk of Battle:
Just by switching to a different weapon I was now not only surviving, but winnning, consistently.

I had something similar happen with my Vanguard. I unlocked the huge Krogan shotgun and said "oh hell yeah" and put it on my Vanguard - and went to -9% with only another pistol equipped. I said "um... screw it" and went in with nothing but the krogan shotgun. And kicked ass. ^^

Actually, since then, I have most of my characters only take one gun. My infiltrator is the exception, as having nothing but a sniper rifle is unwise when Phantoms start showing up. Having most of my characters walking around with around +100% on their recharge speed is really awesome.

Fappy:
Stasis Bubble is almost as OP as ME1 Singularity. I hope they don't get nerfed too hard because Asari are REALLY fun to play.

I don't find the Asari Adepts that OP. At least not compared to human Adepts. Singularity is REALLY useful for crowd control, and it refreshes SO fast. I played my human Adept to level 13 before unlocking Asari, and I actually found myself really missing Singularity as an Asari. I mean, don't get me wrong, Stasis is fricken awesome, but it only affects one enemy until you unlock Bubble, whereas Singularity affects multiple targets right out of the gate.

Also, I kinda wish I could have Singularity and Throw on the same character. Hilarity would ensue.

Wharrgarble:

Bebus:
Very nice. I've been trying to get an Asari Vanguard but so far, no luck.

Just to let you know, the Asari Vanguard isn't actually available for unlocking at the moment. Only the third row containing the aliens Aliens can be found (i.e, Drell Vanguard, Krogan Solider, Turian Sentinel, etc...), and the opposite gender for each individual class isn't unlockable either. I was in the same place you were until someone brought that to my attention, so you're not just incredibly unlucky. :D

Personally, I'm loving the multiplayer so far, which is a big surprise for me. I'm genuinely impressed with how well Bioware handled what could have been a very boring "Capture the Flag", "Team Deathmatch" throw away.

I've been playing with some friends as of late and we're having a blast trying to get through Gold. We keep dying on wave 9/10, so many damn Phantoms...

Thanks for sharing that some of them are un-unlockable. I was honestly getting mad I couldn't get anything other then more female humans for the same 3 classes.

Bara_no_Hime:
-snip-

Come back when you have completed Wave 9 on Gold where you have to Stasis Bubble three Phantoms at a time every cooldown to keep your team alive (there are well over 10 Phantoms on Wave 9) and tell me its better than singularity :P

Honestly, they either need to nerf Phantoms or buff other forms of CC because as far as most groups are concerned: Stasis Bubble IS NECESSARY to beat Gold consistently.

About the only noteworthy story I have is when I played with a Krogan Soldier, and the only thing noteworthy about that was that he charged practically everything. It as actually really funny to watch, mostly because he was so damn good at it. Barely friggen died.

Fappy:
Come back when you have completed Wave 9 on Gold where you have to Stasis Bubble three Phantoms at a time every cooldown to keep your team alive (there are well over 10 Phantoms on Wave 9) and tell me its better than singularity :P

Ha! Yeah, I haven't tried Gold yet. Silver is hard enough - particularly since I'm still trying to unlock stuff.

Anyway, I meant that, at lower levels, Singularity was more useful for general battlefield control that Stasis. Once you get Stasis Bubble, it becomes the superior ability - but that's the level 6 option, which means you need to have 21 points to sink into it.

I will say, Singularity hardly ever worked on Phantoms, where as Stasis does handle them very well.

Anyway, my ideal Adept class would have Singularity and Stasis... and Throw. And Warp. Which is impossible, since you only get three active abilities. :p

hazabaza1:
Stopped playing it now since the two maps are getting a bit boring. But when I realised that the Asari Adept was ridiculously overpowered I had good times.

Shes a disabler character, but I dont think shes overpowered at all, she just a fits a role that often times makes enemies more managable, I must say she is pretty useless when confronting and Atlas Zerg Rush, unless she has a Widow maker on.

Fappy:

Bara_no_Hime:
-snip-

Honestly, they either need to nerf Phantoms or buff other forms of CC because as far as most groups are concerned: Stasis Bubble IS NECESSARY to be Gold consistently.

Pretty much that. Singularity only really affects unprotected targets. And in the harder challenges, special enemies with shielding begin outnumbering fodder enemies.

Singularity is still great. But keeping Phantoms away from your team at a safe distance is a very helpful thing.

Bara_no_Hime:

Tohuvabohu:
I have a question though. Does anyone know what other enemies you can fight in the multiplayer besides Cerberus? I would love to fight the Geth (my favorite enemies to fight in Mass Effect) I'd love to fight the Collectors again too.

My guess is Cerberus, Husks, maybe some Heretic Geth, and possibly Baterian slavers or merc groups like the Blue Suns.

I doubt the Collectors will be back, as fun as they were to fight. I think Shep pretty much killed them all at the end of ME2.

I figured. :( I guess I just wanted Harbinger around to assume some more controls, y'know?

Also, I can't remember where I've heard this, but I think the Blood Pack are one of the enemies you can choose to fight. (Yes! Krogans!) So I figured you could choose to fight some of the mercenary groups.

boag:

hazabaza1:

Shes a disabler character, but I dont think shes overpowered at all, she just a fits a role that often times makes enemies more managable, I must say she is pretty useless when confronting and Atlas Zerg Rush, unless she has a Widow maker on.

Dude, stasis bubble. Lets you stop pretty much anything in your path to escape, and with a light build, the cooldown is amazing. Plus, I'm betting that at least one person is gonna have a cobra. Even so, yeah, the Atlas is kind of an issue, but pretty much anything else gets whipped hardcore.

hazabaza1:

boag:

hazabaza1:

Dude, stasis bubble. Lets you stop pretty much anything in your path to escape, and with a light build, the cooldown is amazing. Plus, I'm betting that at least one person is gonna have a cobra. Even so, yeah, the Atlas is kind of an issue, but pretty much anything else gets whipped hardcore.

Well yeah, spamming skills is pretty much the most effective way to play the game, i was ccarrying a carnifex III for a while before shifting back to phalanx X stasis does make a difference, phantoms become much more managable, but like I said, she fits a prupose.

in gold, often times you will not have the power to kill an enemy in stasis by yourself quickly enough to dispatch it and the 6 fuckers that are flanking you, and the phantoms actually dodging some statsis bubbles in gold is pure HAXXOR bullshit

tendaji:

Daystar Clarion:
Apparently, because the multiplayer was a beta build, our progress won't be carried on to the complete version, which kind of sucks, since I unlocked a Quarian engineer after many hours of trying.

I actually really enjoyed it when I was expecting to hate it. I'm looking forward to the full version.

Well yeah, because some people already have everything unlocked and up to level 20 by this point. The beta MP is open until the 5th I believe when it gets shut down and wiped for the game's release on the sixth. But supposedly there are character and weapon crates or something similar going to be added to the entire crate system, so maybe you'll have an easier time getting it next time.

Really? I certainly hope so. The only complaint I have for Mass Effect 3s multiplayer from the demo, was how hard it was to get decent weapons or the characters I wanted (Or at least haven't unlocked already, such as the cool aliens and not the stupid, boring humans), without having to go on a long and involved personal quest.

Which is exactly what I've been on. The Quest for the Quarian Infiltrator. All I've gotten was the Quarian Engineer, which is awesome in its own right, but the Tactical Cloak can really save your ass, and Sabotage could be extremely helpful.

Still, to be more on topic, I think I've been past N7 Level 50, though thats mainly because I can't stop myself from playing. Its addictive, and a great way to get ones ME fix without having to play the campaign over and over until you memorize it. For those that HAVE played as a Quarian Engineer, then you know that that little turret is handy. I love the thing so much, I even decided to name it Gerrel.

hazabaza1:

boag:

hazabaza1:

Heavy pistol + Biotic Explosion = Dead Atlus :P

During extraction in silver, shit goes down. It's always fun to dip set over the Atlas covered extraction zone at 5 seconds left. Also playing Krogan soldier in bronze is amazing. beating down Atlases in Krogan rage mode is pure stress relief.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked