Never forget your first...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Mineshaft on the acorn electron.
Not minecraft!

I actually loved it :p

Quite simply, Super Mario Bros. Good times, my friends. Good times.

The second one was Road Rash: Jailbreak and the third one was some brutal racing game. I forgot its name.

The earliest game I can remember playing was Pokemon Yellow on my game boy pocket. Sigh, the memories :')

I have no idea....

The game that ultimately got me into gaming however, that was Super Mario 64... I sat down and 100%ed that game and damn it felt good.

It was probably Super Mario Bros. or some Flintstones game for the NES(or SNES, it wasn't my console, so I don't know the difference). If not them it was Tetris or some silly mini-game.

Andy Shandy:
Sonic the Hedgehog for SEGA Mega Drive

And so it began.

Yeeeeeessssssss...this was the first game I owned and really fell in love with. But the first game I ever remember playing, even if I had no idea what was going on?

The original Phantasy Star. I didn't even know the name until I played it on the GBA again many many years later and recognized the main character.

Super Mario World. Sometimes I think I should be a lot more loyal or a bigger supporter of Nintendo.

Something on my ancient 486. Probably King's Quest or Digger or the ASCII Pac Man clone that came with the computer.

Sonic? Super Mario? Pokemon? Man, I am fucking old...

I have news for you OP, some of us clearly DID forget.

The earliest games I remember playing were actually demos that came free with things, mostly because we were too poor to afford consoles when I was growing up.

My earliest memories were of Jazz Jackrabbit, Rollercoaster Tycoon and a Lion King game that I'm pretty certain came free in a cereal box! They were all demos so I only got the first few levels for free but DAMN, did I ever play the SHIT out of those few levels!

The Lion King game was a limited use sort of disc so it stopped working after a while... I was devastated! Ahh such memories.

Rugrats: Search for Reptar for PS1. That was the shit back when I was 7 years old.

Adventure, a.k.a. Colossal Cave Adventure, on my Black Apple ][ (my parents were both in the educational field so I was able to get one of the only-sold-to-school Bell & Howell models) back in 1979.

Do I wish it were something different? Hell no! It was a great brain-tester, required a lot of imagination, and I still remember cracking up at the line "Congratulations, you have just vanquished a dragon with your bare hands! (Unbelievable, isn't it?)"

F1 97 for the PS1.

I was about 6 months old when my Dad got it for Christmas and tried it when I was 2.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....

I HATE gravel traps!

The original Legend of Zelda on the NES.

i did try to play the hunt for red october on an old IBM before that but i'm not counting it because i never figured out how to play the damn thing

I think it was Duck Hunt, but I was probably 3 or 4 so I don't really remember if there was anything before that

Tekken 1 for the PS1.

My GAWD do they take 5 years to get up from being floored.

Mine was Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario Bros. USA for the NES.

Sonic the Hedgehog on the glorious Sega Genesis.

Ape Escape For The Win!!!
best game as a kid.

Kirby Super Star, the second greatest videogame in the history of videogames!

I'm not sure if it's the very first, but one of the first games that I've played, and that I actually remember the title of, was the original Prince of Persia.

I think mine was Super Mario Bros. on the NES too, but my first game that I loved to play was 007: Goldeneye.

First PC game was AoE and first console was 007 Goldeneye. I was really young and each game was actually owned by two different step-brothers (opposite sides of the divorce). You could say that they got me into gaming and if I wanted to be dramatic you could say they helped me deal with the divorce, but in reality my parents' divorce was really painless (I was three).

First game i remember seeing is Killer Instinct. but first game i played was Aladdin on the SNES

Earliest I can remember is playing Super Mario Land on the Gameboy.
Felt like hours just to get through one of the levels. Now I can beat the game within 30 minutes. God I feel stupid...

A cocktail of Doom, Quake, Heretic, and Duke Nukem 3D. Pretty sure I played Doom first though, I was about 7.

Some random mega drive game, either final fight or battletoads lol

Pokémon red was my first handheld game, and Rat Attack! for the PS1 was my first console game. I started gaming between 5 and 8 I believe.

I forget.

But I do remember playing Star Fox 64 at age 2 or 3.

Bugs bunny lost in time for the PSX. Goooood times.

Chip's Challenge was my first video game

Either the original Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, or Bomberman II

Super Smash Bros on Nintendo 64. God, I loved that game.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I was like, 6 and had nooooooo idea what I was doing, but by golly, it was fun to smack chickens around.

Then they swarmed.

Andy Shandy:
Sonic the Hedgehog for SEGA Mega Drive

And so it began.

Same here! After that, it was Crash Bandicoot on PS1.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked