The March 9, 2022 PlayStation State of Play promised to focus mostly on Japanese games for PlayStation 4 and 5, and that’s exactly what we got. However, there were a lot of curve balls nonetheless. Returnal is getting a co-op update. Capcom announced a multiplayer dinosaur shooter called Exoprimal. A ton of awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games are being repackaged for modern platforms as The Cowabunga Collection. Square Enix announced two separate, new games (and neither one was Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, unfortunately). Basically, whatever you thought of the event, you can probably agree it was full of surprises. So below is a full list of video games shown or announced at the March 9, 2022 PlayStation State of Play.
A List of All PlayStation Games Shown at the March 9, 2022 State of Play
- Exoprimal from Capcom is a futuristic team-based multiplayer action game about rival squads competing to defeat the most dinosaurs, launching in 2023.
- Ghostwire: Tokyo has a new trailer.
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin has a new demo.
- Forspoken has a new trailer, following its five-month delay.
- Gundam Evolution is bringing free-to-play shooter action to PlayStation, Xbox, and PC in 2022.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection from Digital Eclipse brings together 13 classic TMNT games from NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, and arcades, launching in 2022.
- GigaBash launches this year.
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R, a fully revamped version of the 2013 game, is headed to all platforms in fall 2022.
- Trek to Yomi, the black-and-white sidescroller, has a new trailer.
- Returnal: Ascension is an update to the PS5 exclusive that will add co-op and Tower of Sisyphus (an “Endless” mode) later this month.
- The DioField Chronicle is a “real-time tactical battle” (RTTB) RPG from Square Enix and Lancarse, launching on all platforms in 2022.
- Valkyrie Elysium is an action RPG from Square Enix and Soleil launching in 2022 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC, as a new entry in the Valkyrie Profile series.
Let us know what you thought of the March 9, 2022 PlayStation State of Play and this list of games shown and announced.