Another Crab's Treasure Game Pass Featured

Can You Pause Another Crab’s Treasure?

Stop, analyze and listen.

One of the biggest gripes I have with Soulslikes is the fact that you can’t pause the game. Does this Shoalslike break the tradition, or is it not possible to pause in Another Crab’s Treasure?

Recommended Videos

Can You Pause While Playing Another Crab’s Treasure?

Another Crab's Treasure Game Pass Combat
Image via Aggro Crab

Another Crab’s Treasure may have just shot up to the top of my favorite Soulslikes because you can easily pause the game. You don’t need to find a workaround like you needed to in Elden Ring or even Demon’s Souls. A simple press of the start button will let you jump into a pause menu — nothing in the world will react once you are in here. Alongside a suite of excellent accessibility options, Another Crab’s Treasure is one of the best ways to get acquainted with the genre.

Related: Best Stats to Level Up Early in Another Crab’s Treasure

Sure, the game is still rather difficult until you get a proper grasp of how things work. But until then, you can feel free to pause Another Crab’s Treasure during an intense fight, get your bearings back, and kick some shells. Or hit it with a fork, I feel like that may work a little better in this instance. Or booting up Another Crab’s Treasure on the Steam Deck so I can play while I’m away from my home.

This simple addition makes this one of the best Soulslikes on the market, especially because it’s trying plenty of new things. No matter if you’re a fan of hard-as-nails combat or you love the idea of a platformer with Souls fights, Another Crab’s Treasure seems to have it all. I’m just glad that I don’t need to find a pixel-perfect corner to hide in while I warm up my lunch anymore.

Another Crab’s Treasure is available now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC. It’s also available on Xbox Game Pass.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to Get Weapon Cores in Stellar Blade
EVE's sword in Stellar Blade.
Read Article Where to Find the Dark Souls Helmet in Another Crab’s Treasure (Shellslike Achievement)
Read Article How to Increase Affinity in Stellar Blade
Related Content
Read Article How to Get Weapon Cores in Stellar Blade
EVE's sword in Stellar Blade.
Read Article Where to Find the Dark Souls Helmet in Another Crab’s Treasure (Shellslike Achievement)
Read Article How to Increase Affinity in Stellar Blade
Author
Shaun Cichacki
As a fan of RPGs, Action & Retro titles, Shaun has been gaming since he was a young boy. With an overwhelming obsession involving Metal Gear Solid and Pizza Tower, you know you're in for a wild ride when it comes to things he's writing about.