Poll: What kind of Bender would you be?

Pages PREV 1 2

Count me among the "thought it was a futurama bender" thread. I don't watch/know about the series but just for this thread I did take one of those "which bender are you" quizzes and got Air, woot?

Earth, easily! Nice and defensive, the way I like it X3.

Teoes:
I was hoping the thread would be about Bender!

Ditto, if you didn't bring it up I most certainly would have.

So, I'd be a booze-drinkin', cigar-smokin', jewel-stealin' Robot Bender. :P

Buuuuut since that's not what we're here to talk about, I'll play along. I'd be the next Avatar, able to bend all elements because I'm just that frickin' awesome. >:D

What am I if I don't fit into any of those four?

Kind of fit into the air if you remove the intellectual and thinker part, but that's half of what they are so can't be one.
Don't really fit into water as I'm somewhat violent by my nature.
Also not fitting to fire, while I may be easy to anger I have no passion for anything.
Not fitting to earth at all, I have no pride.

tl;dr non-bender (why is there no fifth option on the poll?)

Hidden answer: If I have to be a bender, but I don't fit any of the four types alone... doesn't that mean that I'm the goddamn avatar?!

I'm pretty sure personality-wise I'd be Air, but Fire was hands down the coolest one in that series so if I had the choice I'd be Fire.

I'd probably be a waterbender - allows for unconventional tactics as well as a balance of mobility, defence and offense that the other styles lack. Also fits me personality-wise - I tend to react rather than act, I tend to mirror people, either emotionally or with habits, and lacking that, I generally keep a cool head and prefer to redirect aggression rather than meeting it head on.

Water.

Even though i can't actually swim.
Come to think of it, I'm hydrophobic! But the waterbending seems to fit me the most.

Halfdead255:
What am I if I don't fit into any of those four?

Kind of fit into the air if you remove the intellectual and thinker part, but that's half of what they are so can't be one.
Don't really fit into water as I'm somewhat violent by my nature.
Also not fitting to fire, while I may be easy to anger I have no passion for anything.
Not fitting to earth at all, I have no pride.

tl;dr non-bender (why is there no fifth option on the poll?)

Hidden answer: If I have to be a bender, but I don't fit any of the four types alone... doesn't that mean that I'm the goddamn avatar?!

Nope! Sorry! We already established that Bender is the avatar! :p

You can be Sokka though.

LittleWings:
I'm pretty sure personality-wise I'd be Air, but Fire was hands down the coolest one in that series so if I had the choice I'd be Fire.

But if you don't the personality, your firebending will be all avoidy and airbending-like anyway! At least if with Airbending you can fly XD

I'd be this kind!

Damn it, everyone in this thread is too fast.

You know what? Fuck you, I'm the avatar!
Deal with it!

... What, you did that one too already? Damn.

OK, fer serious now, I want my answer to be earthbending purely for its utility, especially if metalbending is factored in. But I'm incredibly lazy, in a big way, and I'm hardly prideful. Forced to choose purely on the criteria presented by the OP, I'd have to choose air, as I'm too soft-hearted to swing firebending. While I am non-confrontational, I'm also too detached from people to be considered kind, so I lose out on bloodbending. Oops, I mean, waterbending. Yeah, that's it. Water.

Stupid kindness criteria. Airbending sucks. Unless it can be used to suck the air out of people's lungs and make them suffocate.

When I was younger, I would've been fire.

Fortunately I am still younger. I will probably never stop being younger. Growing up is for boring people.

Boring people who don't like fire.

Well, I would've wanted to pick earth bender, cause they be the best, but my short fuse and temper leans towards Fire Bender.

oh avatar... that didn't even register in my head.
I thought this thread was going to be about what sort of substance we'd take all at once, right after i'd discounted op to be asking what kind of robot we'd be.

I would be an earth bender. land around me most of the time so my fighting wouldn't be too restricted.

I think all the gay jokes have been made.

I've never liked the series but I think I'd go for air, because there will always be air to bend where as the other guys would need to have their element around to bend it.

As I said in another thread (I think it was the one to do with magic), id go for Waterbending. It can be used to attack, stun, heal and control enemies (bloodbending), it just seems like the swiss army knife of bending. That and water always surrounds us like in plants, the air, sweat, tears, creatures, so i'd never be without a source of water to use.

Definitely Fire.

I'm hot headed, passionate, and my fuse although slow burning, is about a 1/8th of an inch long, and when I get riled up, It happens in a Big Way.

Plus who wouldn't wanna be as cool as Iroh?

Goddamn, the right kind of Bender has been mentioned enough times already, though I'd definitely want to be the steel girder bending, kleptomaniacal, unsympathetic, psychotic, selfish Bender who has dreams of becoming a folk singer.

But seriously, I'd probably be an Earthbender. Haven't watched any of the series though, so I don't really know what that would mean.

The description of Firebender suits me best so I guess you have my answer there.

Definately air, with maybe a dash of water, which is great beause those are by far the best 2 elements. Fittingly enough I am actually diametrically opposed to earth, so that works out ok.

thaluikhain:

I'd have to say most definitely Brujah for me.

Fire, and it would end badly, I don't anger often but when I do I take action suddenly and violently and everywhere combine that with the power to do the damage I feel is necessary when angered and yeah , fire. Although air fits me well thinking doesn't occur much when angry.

I'd probably be an Airbender, I just want to learn things and avoid human contact at all costs unless I deem it necessary (or even recommended) or unless it's important.

hummm personality wise in that show i'm closer to Mai than anything else... she is not a bender, but she is fire Nation so i guess that would be what i would be

Between earthbending and airbending. Probably the former. As a writer, the generally introverted, intellectual personality type certainly fits me, but I also fit earthbending, being generally stoic and EXTREMELY stubborn (it's pretty much my defining trait). So, yeah, earth/airbending. I also have a bit of firebending in my since I can get angry easily and am generally quite passionate, but I don't generally act on such things without thinking, so...

This is tough. I can see each one describing me at least a little.

I do have a bit of a temper and feel very strongly about a lot of things. So fire bending it is, right?

But, I'm also stubborn and proud almost to a fault. And while I can work hard, I don't always.

I do think a lot. Way too much probably. Seriously, I've come up with many random things you may never know. And I can be right at home by myself. Sometimes I even prefer it.

Despite that temper, I don't rage about everything. Seriously, I could tell you a story (involving someone else and a large can of beer) that would probably shock you that I kept my calm. Never even been in a fight, and I do care about people I know. And can empathize with those I don't.

All things considered, I went air, though. That's probably my strongest trait. And that means that I can fly. See ya, suckers!

Teoes:

T0ad, I am disappoint. Also - no-one pulled that in the first 5 posts? I am disappoint.

How d'ya like them apples in your attempt to fun up OT? =D

Edit: Fine..! OT: Probably somewhere between Air and Earth. Mostly Earth.

Aw man, wish I could've posted Bender. Guess I'll just go and be an Airbender because of the sense of freedom it gives.

Fire but mostly so i could make inappropriate jokes about being a flaming bender, heh. and so i could light smokes.

I don't care for the personality thing since most people are a combination so I'm going with fire because it's cool and lightning bending is badass.

I'd say firebender, I get easily excited, have a short temper etc, the problem is, I'm totally lazy and have no passion!
Is it okay if I take earthbending to make myself a floating chair?

In complete contradiction to my avatar, I'd probably be an airbender personality-wise. However...there's a definite streak of firebender in me as well. All those descriptions could apply to me, really...so if I could choose, I'd take earthbending. I've always wanted to be like Toph when I grow up, after all.

Teoes:

T0ad, I am disappoint. Also - no-one pulled that in the first 5 posts? I am disappoint.

Edit: Fine..! OT: Probably somewhere between Air and Earth. Mostly Earth.

I'll be honest, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread.

OT: I choose firebender. I'll admit that I have a quick temper at times and I'm a bit of a pyro. Plus, who doesn't want to be able to shoot fire and lightning from their hands?

An Airbender.
JUST TO MAKE FUS RO DAH JOKES.

From them, a waterbender.
Except from the not holding a grudge... I hold grudges over silly things like a child.
I have a few aspects of earth and air too.

Teoes:

Honestly "Bender" has very different connotations here...

In that spirit i would be the Gender Bender!

I have personality traits of all of them but I'd either be Fire or Water, because reasons.

Screw the Avatar Universe, FMA is where its at. Bend everything, get funky tattoos if you don't want to ruin your life and see The Truth.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked