Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

The shooting had stopped for while, but Oliver was still huddled in the corner. He heard a high pitched noise then someone speaking, using a low end voice synthesiser to disguise his or her voice. It was probably whoever was behind the flash-bang and shooting up the bus. It was one way of freeing a group of convicts on their way to prison or death row, but Oliver though it lacked elegance.

"You managed to take out the other guards faster than the other buses managed. And with fewer fatalities on your side. I am slightly impressed."

Slightly impressed? Oliver was perplexed, Jacob had taken out a bus load of prison guards in less then ten seconds and these people were slightly impressed?

He emerged from his hiding space and saw that the other convicts were gathering around one of the guards communicators, first he ran the faces of the people who had yet to introduce themselves so he knew who he was dealing with. Then he grabbed the communicator from Stefan, hoping to figure out whoever was behind this strange turn of events.

He jacked the device into his arm and attempted to locate the source of the transmission while he did this he said calmly and smoothly speaking into the communicator. "It's considered polite for the hosts to introduce themselves first"

"I'm sure you have our cooperation, sir. At least, you have mine. What do you need us to do?"

"I'm glad to hear it. you're going to need someone there to help you along"

The voice was cut off by Oliver suddenly interjecting.

"It's considered polite for the hosts to introduce themselves first"

"Ah, yes. Just the man I wanted to hear from. I believe proper introductions are best left for face to face contact."

The signal skipped around. At one point, reading the source was in Chile. Another moment it was in Russia. Someone was clearly toying with Oliver. As the voice kept talking, Oliver's software broke through the bug, letting him know that the source was indeed in France, but was having a hard time pinpointing a location.

" I want you and Mr. Almberg to gather every prisoner there, and walk into the woods to the left of the bus. Don't stop until I call back in. Stay safe everyone."

And just like that, the device change from purple back it's original red, and the voice was gone, as well a any traceable signal.

"Thanks for getting me out of those.""Sure no problem." He said smiling at Snow.

"Mustakraken, Dr.Edmond Mustakraken" He greeted Jacob's hand with his own. "Great to meet you Edmond. Can I call you Edmond?" Jacob was sure that he wouldn't be able to remember Mustakraken.

"You managed to take out the other guards faster than the other buses managed. And with fewer fatalities on your side. I am slightly impressed." Jacob decided it was best not to tell them that he had killed them all. If he did they might eliminate him first if they turned out to be hostile. He remained quite as he looked around for Oliver. Where was he anyway?

He saw Oliver heading toward the other prisoner, and grabbing something. He joined them as he listened to the other prisoners speak. And he looked at something inside Olivers hand an transponder. He tapped Oliver on his shoulder, "Hey Oliver do we have any contacts in France?"

" I want you and Mr. Almberg to gather every prisoner there, and walk into the woods to the left of the bus. Don't stop until I call back in. Stay safe everyone." Jacob looked at Oliver, he lifted his gun checking the ammo. "I am ready for whatever is going to happen next Oliver. I got your back."

Stefan nodded slightly, catching on what Oliver was pulling off. It would help if they knew where they needed to go, after all. He leaned against one of the seats, checking his handgun through. Full clip. Which wasn't surprising, considering the guards weren't given the time to react.

"Try not to piss our friend off, Oliver. It might not end all that well."

He leaned down towards the nearest dead guard, searching the man thoroughly. He found four clips on the man along with a stun baton which no one had grabbed yet. He put two of the clips and the baton on the seat nearest to him, stuffing the remaining two clips into his pockets for now.

"They're up for grabs. Whoever got themselves a gun, stock up on bullets. We might yet need them. If you can't get a gun, get a baton."

Almberg stood up again, walking up to the nearest window and peering outside at the falling rain. His sight wasn't augmented in anyway and he really couldn't make out anything specific. That he'd have to lower himself to survive still gnawed at him, but he forced the feeling down. This might yet get very messy.

Stooping to pick over one of the dead guards, Calvin found 2 more clips for his pistol and to his surprise, a flashbang grenade, which he didn't take.

"I want you and Mr. Almberg to gather every prisoner there, and walk into the woods to the left of the bus. Don't stop until I call back in. Stay safe everyone".

Walking back down the aisle to the door, Calvin spotted a pair of glasses on the dashboard. He remembered the albino said she wore glasses a few minutes ago. After a momentary temptation to break them, he left them there and stepped outside. Wondering who would have a vested interest in keeping them alive and free, he turned to Byron Black.

"Byron, any ideas who that was on the radio? Does your brother have any political enemies who might want you alive?"

"Byron, any ideas who that was on the radio? Does your brother have any political enemies who might want you alive?"

Byron walked outside and signaled Calvin to follow him. They walked behind the bus and were now out of earshot of the other convicts.

"The person on the radio, hmm..." he thought for a second, "No idea whatsoever. But yes you are right about political enemies. My brother has plenty, people who saw him for the bastard he really is, I should know as I killed some of them at my time. That was when me and Sebastian were all friendly. He might also be another criminal who Sebastian tried to catch but failed, so I guess he thought we might all have a common enemy, but that's just my guess."

During Edmonds tech retrieval and last translator removal, the man on the radio ended his cryptic messages with an order for every prisoner on board to make headway into the forest. This demand was not in the doctors interest in the slightest. Leave the safety of a bus full of fresh bodies and protective gear to venture out in the rain through a dark forest with a bunch of convicts whose agendas were not entirely revealed as of yet. "I would much rather stay here for my chances of survival alone are astronomically higher", is what Edmond wish he could say but seeing as how most the convicts were armed and preparing to leave, risking an argument with less then docile people was not on his radar. "If we must leave let me gather a few things first, and there should be medical kit somewhere aboard. Most enforcement vehicles have one."

"Ah, yes. Just the man I wanted to hear from. I believe proper introductions are best left for face to face contact."

Oliver doubted the other convicts had been greeted like this, it probably meant they wanted him for his own unique abilities. Killers and murderers, anyone can do that you all you really need is something heavy to kill someone. It took skill to be what he was, a hacker, and he was one of the best.

The signal from the transmission starting jumping from country, from Chile to Russia, it was going around the world at random. Whoever they were, they were good, but not good enough to beat Oliver. You want to play hide and seek? That game needs two players. He managed to narrow down the location to somewhere in France before They spoke again.

" I want you and Mr. Almberg to gather every prisoner there, and walk into the woods to the left of the bus. Don't stop until I call back in. Stay safe everyone."

And then the signal cut out, dead, gone. Oliver was frustrated that he hadn't found them. If he had more time he surly would've, it didn't help he was playing with cheaters.

"You heard what he said let's get going, we need to head into the woods to find whoever this was, who so very kindly got us out of our past predicament. It would be bad manners not to. He motioned towards Jacob who was behind him. "If you don't like it you can take it up with my friend here"

"The person on the radio, hmm..." he thought for a second, "No idea whatsoever. But yes you are right about political enemies. My brother has plenty, people who saw him for the bastard he really is, I should know as I killed some of them at my time. That was when me and Sebastian were all friendly. He might also be another criminal who Sebastian tried to catch but failed, so I guess he thought we might all have a common enemy, but that's just my guess."

Determined to find out who had rescued them, Calvin figured digging deeper might yield some answers.
"There must be someone specific though", he pressed on. "Maybe it's not a criminal. They might be another politician who your brother screwed over to further himself. Maybe someone in the party that was threatening to reveal his scam. Were there any major fallings out between Sebastian and his political bedfellows that you were privy to? If he was getting you to remove the opposition he must have told you something about them."

Almberg had heard the radio. He was staring into the forest they were supposed to head off towards. He didn't like it, but this was their best shot for survival and quite honestly, it was much better than being apprehended by cops, or worse yet, killed, he turned towards Oliver, just as he was about to finish speaking.

"You heard what he said let's get going, we need to head into the woods to find whoever this was, who so very kindly got us out of our past predicament. It would be bad manners not to. He motioned towards Jacob who was behind him. "If you don't like it you can take it up with my friend here"

He shook his head lightly. Disapproving of the man's approach. He took a deep breath, speaking up.

"Enough with the arrogant and smug attitude, Oliver. You're a bright fellow, so know when to shut up and realize you're not helping by agitating anyone. Look, people. We all have choices to make here and I'm not asking for trust from anyone. But as it is, we had our hides saved, very likely by the person we heard on the comm. More importantly, we all have something in common. We're all tied to Black somehow. I'm not gonna claim I know shit about anyone here, but I feel our best bet for survival is to listen to the man who even made this possible in the first place. If you feel that doesn't sit well with you, then by all means, stay on the bus or run off into the woods on your own. See if the cops will have mercy on you. But, if we actually bother to work together here, we might just stand a chance."

He sighed. He needed some integrity, even if he had to carve it out himself. Fear wouldn't work in the long run. If they could group up because they had something in common though, that might just work. It was worth a try.

"I'm not terrified of your pet, Oliver and if you feel like sicking him on me because I made you sad, then I will shove my baton so far up his arse, he won't ever walk straight again. This is the last thing we need right now."

Almberg clenched his fists constantly, still holding his gun and baton, though he would prefer not to use either of them. It wasn't that Oliver had agitated him with his remark. Rather, he felt it would only complicate things. Threats weren't going to get them anywhere.

"There must be someone specific though", he pressed on. "Maybe it's not a criminal. They might be another politician who your brother screwed over to further himself. Maybe someone in the party that was threatening to reveal his scam. Were there any major fallings out between Sebastian and his political bedfellows that you were privy to? If he was getting you to remove the opposition he must have told you something about them."

"Alright listen. All of those people he had me off were usually people who were against his radical changes considering gang violence. There was a man, my brother's most trusted man, Jean something, he was the one that talked to Sebastian and arranged the hits. Sebastian promised him that if he became Prime Minister, Jean or whatever his name was, would become the party leader second most powerful man in France. But as soon as my brother got what he wanted Jean disappeared without trace. I searched for him for a while and found out he was running from something. Last time I checked he just made it into Germany. My guess is Jean knew too much and my brother didn't risk having someone who could blackmail him out of power. And now he saved me and the rest of us to help him take Sebastian down. Is that clear enough? I am sorry I don't know more about the reasons why this man saved us but all I know is that I have a meeting planned with my brother and only one of us is walking out of it. Now unless you have any other questions about me or my family I would suggest we return back inside the bus lest we start to create suspicions"

"You heard what he said let's get going. If you don't like it you can take it up with my friend here" Jacob looked at Oliver. This was one of the times he would be used but against these criminals it wouldn't help much.

"Enough with the arrogant and smug attitude, Oliver. You're a bright fellow, so know when to shut up and realize you're not helping by agitating anyone. We might just stand a chance."Sensible words.Jacob smiled I agree with this guy.

"I'm not terrified of your pet, Oliver and if you feel like sicking him on me because I made you sad, then I will shove my baton so far up his arse, he won't ever walk straight again. This is the last thing we need right now." Jacob smile disappeared. Who did this guy think he is?! Jacob stepped forward to the man. He was filled with anger.

"Who do you think you are?!" Jacobs tone was filled with anger. "I am not his pet! I am his friend and subordinate. And If I recall correctly I just busted you and the rest of the people out. You didn't break your thumbs or even risk yourself to save prisoners, but I did even if not for you as a person I did save you. And also you call him out for threatening and then you threaten to stick that thing up my ass. I might be only an criminal but at least I am not an hypocritical piece of shit like you. And just for the record, I won't help you next time." Jacob walked past him he was better then this. He loaded the gun with some spare bullets he had grabbed from one of the dead guards. And he kept walking in the direction they needed to. People like this were who he hated the most while on the force.

"I am sorry I don't know more about the reasons why this man saved us but all I know is that I have a meeting planned with my brother and only one of us is walking out of it. Now unless you have any other questions about me or my family I would suggest we return back inside the bus lest we start to create suspicions"

Clearly, Byron didn't know any more than he had disclosed. Pushing further would only create tension, and if Calvin was going to be dependent on this man or any of the others, even only partly, that was the last thing he wanted. Though a liberation effort conducted all the way from Germany sounded a little unlikely, it did at least make some modicum of sense.

"Yeah you're right, we should head back. I'm not so sure about the others either, I don't want them planning anything if I'm not there to hear them."

They turned around and walked swiftly to the front of the bus. On entering, he saw the man who had been covering the door earlier seemed to be having an argument with the person who was holding the radio. Calvin tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, Stefan, was it? Any more word out of our mysterious saviour? What's the plan?"

Almberg snorted. Damn the fellow was easy to piss off.

"No offence big guy, but your friend seems to use you quite liberally. And if you stop to think about it, I didn't quite threaten to do it. Though I just might if you decide you want to pummel anyone because your friend says you should. Regardless, you're missing my point. We should work together. If you're going to prove yourself a liability by being an aggressive prick, then you won't be much help wether you kill guards or not."

He shook his head. Though, he supposed he shouldn't be surprised that the big guy was daft. At least he could control himself enough to not try and pummel the shit out of Stefan. He had to admire that to a certain extent.

"I say it as I see it. By all means, prove me otherwise."

With that, he looked over the group. He had no intentions to bait to any fighting. That would indeed be hypocritical on the other hand. His head turned to Calvin, it took him a moment to reassert himself, but he nodded at the fellow.

"He wants us to go through the woods. He'll contact us for further information, apparently. Other than that, we should move as far away as we can from here anyways, but that should go without saying."

The conversation between Stefan, the one called Oliver and his pet was getting pretty heated "Men..." she sighed "...Enough dick waving for now please."

Pushing past them and out into the rain, stopping to pick up the flash Irish had found surprised that no one had collected yet.

"I hope this doesn't get me killed." Repeated through her mind space.

Turning about and sticking her head into the bus Abi asked "So any of you vagabonds coming then?" in the whimsical way she had - To try and break the tension if anything. Last thing they need is for more bodies...Also she didn't quite fancy following this paper trail by herself...

"He wants us to go through the woods. He'll contact us for further information, apparently. Other than that, we should move as far away as we can from here anyways, but that should go without saying."

"Then let's not waste any more time assuring one another of how much we all hate each other."
He spoke to nobody in particular, and said aloud, "Dubious as this disembodied voice may be, he did just rescue us, and it's only a matter of time before the prison realises the latest shipment of convicts hasn't arrived and decides to come looking."

"So any of you vagabonds coming then?"
"She's got the right idea. We need to split, quickly"

He turned around, following Abigail out of the bus. He caught her just outside the door.
"You seem unusually cheery given the circumstances" he addressed her. "I'm Calvin by the way. What's your story?"

How naive could this guy be? Stefen obviously had no idea how a successful criminal enterprise was run, it shocked Oliver. He wondered if they even had gangs as big as his had been in Sweden

"Stefen, you might not understand this but most successful gangs aren't run through friendship and kindness" He spat, "I thought an ex-cop would understand that"

Grabbing his goggles from where he had been sitting, he put them back on and followed after Jacob. The rain was bad enough but in the darkness as well he couldn't see a thing so he switched to night vision mode.

"Jacob you know I wasn't using you just for the sake of it, without you I'd be dead a long time ago. Your my friend, the only guy I can really trust. Don't let what that arsehole said get to you. He doesn't know shit about us."

Caspian was paying attention to the conversation that was taking place between the ex-cop Stefan, Oliver, Jacob, and the mysterious voice at the other end of one of the dead guards communicators. During this, Doctor Mustakraken had removed the translator device from Caspian's ear.

"Thanks Doctor, that thing was definitely bugging me." He said to the man politely, showing his appreciation for a job well done. The voice on the other end of the communicator then said that they should head towards the forest to the east of their current location. As Caspian made his way towards the front of the bus, he grabbed the remaining magazines from the guard who was carrying the MP5.

"So any of you vagabonds coming then?" Abigail asked in her usual light hearted nature.

"Of course Abi, sooner we make it towards our destination, the sooner we will be out of here." Caspian remarked in response as he clambered out onto the rain soak road.

Stefan pulled back the top of his gun, chambering a bullet as he walked towards the exit of the bus. Abigail was perfectly right and arguing anymore with either of the criminals would be a stupid waste of time. He didn't even appear to acknowledge Oliver's retort, stepping out into the pouring rain.

"You're a very smart woman, I'm surprised you ended up here. You don't really look the part."

Neither did he, but it didn't matter, he nodded towards the woods.

"Once everyone who want to follow gather up, we should move. Splitting up won't do us much good. Any of you need a weapon?"

He was willing to part with the stun rod. Perhaps one of them could use it if worst came to worst.

Jacob heard something he turned around his cloches soaked, he saw Oliver standing there. "Jacob you know I wasn't using you just for the sake of it, without you I'd be dead a long time ago. Your my friend, the only guy I can really trust. Don't let what that arsehole said get to you. He doesn't know shit about us." Jacob smiled. "Yeah I know I just had to take an walk or else I would have attacked him. I hate assholes like him." Jacob sighed as he looked at Oliver. "And I know that you would never treat me like that. We have been friends for so long now that I would trust my back to you anytime. Even though you would probably shoot me instead of the enemies." Jacob started laughing loudly. He calmed down after a while. "Let's go back friend. You know how we work, you tell me what to do and I will do it. I wouldn't mind if you're orders were to kick Stefans teeth out just an suggestion." He grinned as he prepared to walk back.

The long glasses hunt over (eventually found them at the front of the bus) Robin was finally able to put them back on.

As she did so the bump in detail and colour hit her hard. The world became vibrant again, she felt like she was waking from a dream. Everything was vivid she noticed the sheer number of people around her and the carnage they'd caused. Picking up a pistol and some ammo from someone too dead to care she began to listen to the conversations, before something occurred to her.

She interrupted loudly.

"Please tell me at least one other person realised it would be a stupid idea to leave a buss full of evidence just lying around? I mean come on you'd think none of you'd even committed a crime before. We can't let this stay her.

Now I could solve this problem with a little creative reverse repairing of the engines and blow this thing sky high, with any luck they won't even be sure anyone still in it is human.

Once that's done then we can head into the woods.
Less of course some of you are scared of them?
I mean the woods are just trees and the trees are just wood.

So what do you say?"

Relieving the guards of their prosthetics was an easy task provided he had the tools to do it. Edmond began inspecting the front of the bus for anything. To his delight he found the first aid bag most transports require. A couple of cuts, hard tugs, and some tearing was all it took for the doctor to obtain the cybernetics the corpses no longer had need of. Edmond felt at ease once more, he was back to work doing what he does best. Before making his way to the front of the bus with his bag of goodies a thought occured to the doctor, "Were these just mere translators?", being unable to tell for certain if the translators could be possible tracking devices, Edmond left them under his seat with care. Better safe then dead has been common thought process while running his clinic. Before exiting the bus, the doctor put his cuffs back on but unlocked and broken as to only appear having the wearer still bound.

"..I.. honestly didn't think about that, miss. I'd say it's a good plan though, once everyone actually evacuate the bus that is. Clever idea, eitherway. Good catch."

He nodded slightly at Robin. Of course, he hadn't even stopped to think about it. He had never committed an actual crime in his entire life, and while his work had him gain some insight into the general mind of a criminal, he usually secured evidence, he didn't destroy it. Stefan was still standing roughly in front of the doorway into the buss, so speaking to her wasn't too hard at least.

They ought to move soon, eitherway. So the rigging of the bus had to happen sooner rather than later. It felt like time was slipping away rapidly for the lot. They couldn't suffer much more infighting, that was certain. Unless they wanted to provide amusement to the cops that would eventually be swarming this place.

As the group were making final preperations to leave the woods, another voice entered the fold; turning around, Caspian noticied it was the woman who appeared to be in pain earlier, but noow seemed to be feeling better, and was now sporting a pair of glasses. She suggested the plan of detonating the bus, as to make the guards believe everyone on board was killed.

"So what do you say?"

"I say you make a rather interesting point miss. If we simply leave it here, any law enforcement that came across this would no doubt check the records of which criminals were being transported on this bus; which would then lead to there being more pressure on us. Having the bus destroyed, would hopefully throw them off the trail, and make our lives a little easier." Caspian remarked to the woman politely, pointing out the benefits of such a thing being done. He then nodded his head in approval.

"So what do you say?"

Byron considered it for a second. Yes this could surely buy them sometime.

"That would be a good idea, but first might I recommend we put all of the policemen back on the bus. Then when she rigs the bus to blow it might seem more like an engine fault. If they say the scorched bodies aboard they might assumed that we would have all perished in the blast and therefore get them completely of our tail."

"So what do you say?"

"That would be a good idea, but first might I recommend we put all of the policemen back on the bus. Then when she rigs the bus to blow it might seem more like an engine fault. If they say the scorched bodies aboard they might assumed that we would have all perished in the blast and therefore get them completely of our tail."

Before Abi could answer, Calvin whipped around to join in the plans developing on the bus.
Robin had a good idea, Calvin thought, but he was a bit concerned.

"There's a bit of a problem with that though." he said aloud. "Even bodies inside a burnt out vehicle still leave remains, and there was only one guard for every 2 of us so when they come to inspect the wreck, they'll notice that the amount left behind doesn't correspond to the number that got onto the bus. And they've got all the technology of the police force with them, so they'll find us in no time."

He turned to Edmond. " I saw you removing some of the ear plugs earlier. If we leave those on the seats, they might be a bit more convinced"

Oliver laughed at Jacob's joke "It'd a shame the only thing I'm not good with are guns, maybe I'll miss even you and get Stefen instead" His lips turned up in a wicked grin as he joked, "Unfortunately that would worsen our relations even more, and he could prove to be useful."

Oliver and Jacob returned to the bus in a much better mod then when he had left. He over heard the woman Jacob had called 'Snow' her real name robin plan to get rid of the evidence of their escape. Shaking his head he said. "Like Calvin said the only problem is that once they search the wreckage, they'll be able to tell we've escaped from the number of missing bodies" He paused for a moment to search if there were an lakes in their vicinity. "There's large enough lake that we can sink the bus in, if we do it right we can make it look like an accident, like the bus went out of control. It would buy us more time then your plan to total the engine would, since the cops would have to bring in divers and equipment to drag the bus out of the lake."

Once he had told them his idea he approached Stefen to apologise. He decided to use a more humble tone, talking to him like he usually would, would get him no-where.

"Stefen, I'm sorry about earlier. Cops operate differently then us. The leader is the biggest toughest guy in the park, or the richest one. We don't have procedure, ranks, or rules. You need to learn that or you won't survive long"

"What I'm planning would use the engine to essentially incinerate the vehicle, leaving most people inside it as ashes. It should make getting an exact amount of bio mass very difficult. However what might be a good idea would be to break apart the bodies we do have to make assembly and therefore delaying counting by a fair bit.
Hypothetically with a little more force we might get lucky and the bodies will also spread out delaying their ability to find parts again getting rid of counting.
Now of course if we added evidence contrary to what happened we could always divert suspicion.
For example if one or two of us would be willing to give up a modification or two it would suggest we'd died.
Also we might want to destroy the hard-drive. I'm not exactly a programming expert I'm more on the physical side so I'd appreciate someone else wiping that.

Listening in on the discussion, Edmond considered the fact that anything left behind can and will be used against them, unfortunately their time of peace was dwindling.

"Unless we remove the vehicle entirely, it and its contents will be evidence against us. If time was on our hands this dilemma would be rectified easily, but its not. A well armed unknown force has instructed us to leave the bus and progress through the forest. Lingering here is detrimental to our given orders and our chance at freedom. We don't know what awaits out there, but we all are well aware what happens to us if we delay for too much longer here. I say we either quickly move the bus to the lake and submerge it or I reattach our translators to the guards and we set this transport ablaze."

He didn't like being abrupt and demanding, passive aggressive was his hostility of choice. And without his chemicals or drugs as a safety net, Edmond felt the need to bark a tad louder till his bite returned. Once he was done speaking he felt the urge to retake inventory on what all he managed to scavenge from the bus.

Calcifer stepped down from the bus. The road was pitted and uneven which the rain had gladly filled with water. His prison shoes weren't even dry again and now were soaked. No one had helped him remove his chains, he had to find they key. Someone had offered assistance to everyone but evidently Calcifer wasn't considered an 'everyone', not that it was a big deal. They were prisoners and it was an everyone for themselves environment, but the situation had turned even farther from the ordinary and into the obscene. "Your all bickering over leaving the fucking bus for them to find"! This seemed to be why everyone was standing around like a hen in a storm. "You wana live, follow me and haul ass". Even street thugs knew once you were free to run, you run. These people obviously couldn't even be career caliber criminals for the lack of action they were taking.

The big Pole jumped the ditch and stopped at the tree line. "Or if you all just want to stay and get captured again"?!

Robin took a while to process the water suggestion. She must have missed it before.
"Sure the lake would delay but I don't think it'll work. They'll pull it out eventually.
But yes leaving traces of us in the wreckage should work out well. I recon fire will have more chance at destroying the evidence. Feel free to remove my translator."

"Your all bickering over leaving the fucking bus for them to find!"
"You wana live, follow me and haul ass"
"Or if you all just want to stay and get captured again?!"

"He's right", agreed Calvin. "The longer we stay here debating the minutiae the more likely it is we'll get recaptured. Screw leaving evidence in the bus for them, let's just torch the fucking thing and move. If the guy on the radio helped us out once, he clearly has some vested interest in all of us, so he may help us out again"

He addressed Robin "You said you were planning to incinerate the bus. So do it and let's get the fuck out of here".

Stefan had been listening to the conversation. It wasn't his line of expertise to know how to make a bus go boom. It was a shame these people didn't really seem very time concerned. Before he could voice himself, Oliver had stepped up to him, having finished talking.

"Stefen, I'm sorry about earlier. Cops operate differently then us. The leader is the biggest toughest guy in the park, or the richest one. We don't have procedure, ranks, or rules. You need to learn that or you won't survive long"

Almberg took a moment to respond, glaring at the man. His facial expression was rather stern, but a slight smile crept across his face, easing some of the wrinkles that had creased his face in frustration before. He didn't necessarily agree with the man, but hell, he was trying. This wasn't the time to hold grudges. It was enough that he wanted to get to Sebastian Black. More than that just made him feel ill.

"That's true. We do operate differently. For all it means, sorry for offending your friend. But we'll have time for debates about the criminal mind and organizations later. Let's focus on keeping each other alive and make sure we get to thank our mysterious ally when we get to him.. or her."

He gave Oliver a slight nod. Though soon, another former prisoner stepped off the bus and he practically spoke what was on Stefan's mind, even if it was in a rather crude way. He noticed the man was still wearing cuffs. He made a note to help him as soon as he could. The sarcastic man seemed to agree as well, though he probably still had some hate for the girl with the artificial arm. Almberg nodded slightly, deciding to speak up.

"Yeah, as much as I wish we could slow them down permanently. We don't have the luxury of time. Please, just torch or make the bus explode and let's move on. Anything else would be counter productive. I'll go see if I can find some keys for the man with the cuffs meanwhile."

With that, Stefan boarded the bus again, looking through the rows of seats. It took him a while, but he eventually found a key, taking it with him as he stepped off the bus and went for the treeline. He could only hope the cops weren't already swarming towards the place. If they weren't, an explosion might certainly bring a lot of attention on these roads.

Stepping up to the man with the cuffs, he held up the key.

"I noticed you weren't uncuffed. Need a hand? If you need a weapon, you can take my baton as well. Keeping the gun though."

Smirking lightly at the man, Stefan tried to be as light hearted as he could. But it felt a little forced. He hated this situation.

"I won't be long but I'd recommend someone else handle the digital side."

Robin approached the side of the buss quickly finding the relevant hatch. It was firmly screwed in but a quick application of her finger as a screw driver quickly solved that. It popped open almost like it was inviting her in.

There was a lot of light and noise, which to most people probably wouldn't make any sense to most people of course Robin wasn't most people, her mental notes were already being scrawled on her glasses display.

Let's see that's the fusion core, and there's the hydrogen storage cell, so a little creative rewiring and it was done. The trick was simple; most vehicles like this had limits in place both to limit the amount of hydrogen pumped in and the temperature generated by the fusion.
All she needed to do was take out those limits.

A few creative cuts her and there and it was done.

"No one start the engines, I'll set up a remote trigger to do that once we're at a safe distance. Anything within about 10 meters is going to be incinerated or in the case of the metal melted into gloop."

It looked like Oliver was getting Stefen back on side, "Good," He said smiling brightly, "I'm sorry if I offended you as well, I guess its because we come from different worlds. We can't see eye to eye on everything."

He was annoyed that the albino woman had ignored his plan, but she had already started to put her plan into action.

"Miss Frost, the countryside of France is very large and very flat. Someone will be living within the radius of a few miles. A strange fire in the middle of agricultural France will bring questions, questions bring someone's attention and attention means the cops getting here sooner then we would like." He said sounding slightly alarmed hoping she would reconsider. "It's up to you, but I doubt our mysterious allies would be very happy if we brought the cops to them"

He saw he was too late, Robin had already cut the wires in the engine so it would blow. There was no going back now. He sullenly got to work on the hard drive, wiping any evidence they might have left behind.

"I've doctored the footage and the internal readings so it looks like we were all in it when the bus when it blows up" He glared at her, "Your not taking my eyes or my arm for you plan, would you ask a man to blind himself?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked