We Are Our Avatars VI (Closed for Good)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 642 NEXT

"You are? That's..." She cut herself off as the woman removed her helmet. The hooded woman took a brief step back, and at a loss for word, the single strand of hair caught her eye. "You have a nice hair colour." She said.

"*yawn*...Tao doesn't like noise, meow..." Tao muttered as she started to wake up.

Echo watcher her curiously, wondering exactly what she was.

Steiner looked at Loki with confusment "How can you not know the harp who has aided the most famous of bards in their quests He than looked to the maintainer "Surely you must be a mage. You have summoned your self from the sand He than turned to Lyra and took a combat stance at the sight of human bones "Vile murderers have no business in this land creature"

OOC: And so it begins. Last post!

Should I explain to these people? I didn't expect inhabitants so soon. I'm not too comfortable with this just yet. But I'll see. I don't think I'll get anywhere with this investigation by just staying silent. I should at least explain who I am so I don't look like an agressor.

He turned to Cynane.
"One of the officials at least. The Guild of Maintainers is a sizable group. We inspect worlds that are newly described in books. We travel or "link" to these worlds that are described in these books to make sure they are stable."

He looked back at Steiner.
"If you're referring to the observation of me coming into this world, you are only seeing me 'link' into this world. If you want to call it 'magic', then so be it. But really it's a matter of teleportation."
That's the fifth time an inhabitant I've seen in my experience that has described it like sand.

Jessica's attention was drawn to the dinosaur as it began to make a ruckus. She hopped back a little at the sight of the creature. "Um, whose beast is that?" Please don't let it be one of them. She nervously asked, pointing at the large creature with her left hand as she flexed the fingers on her right, balling them into a fist and releasing them repeatedly.

Upon seeing the opening with several strangers, the armor clad female continued towards it, spotting a young girl watching over another girl with a cat eared hoodie and tail.

Taking it as 'normal' she continued to walk past the two until she reached the clearing where more people were. To her right, a strange alien with human skulls and a blue armored female with... dinosaurs?

Well whatever, to her left was a strangely clad man with a sceptar and another knight conversing. Towards some strange ruins was another man of kinds.

Disregarding most of it, the figure set down the casket before scanning over all of them.

Outisakanobody:
snip

a portal opened up and out stepped a man dressed in black armor carrying a staff in one hand and a bottle of whiskery in another, a belt holding a Katana and a revolver, his instant reaction is "goddammit PORTAL WHAT THE HELL?!" he said to the portal again and he then sees someone he met before a girl knows as Echo he walks over to her and kindly asks "echo is that you?? it's me John Saber i was one of the people that was trying to get home a while ago do you know where we are?" he asks knowing the girl was possible not that bright

OOC: @Zeph She only pushed up the visor now, didn't remove the helmet. Just to clarify.

"oh, thank you!" Cynane smiled briefly at the hooded woman, then turned her eyes back to Lyra. Hearing the Maintainer speak, she replied without looking around.

"oh. I was asking the dandy there, but... travelling to worlds described in books? I don't get it. You mean you study newly discovered lands to help document them? I've never even heard of a Guild of Maintainers. Are you connected to the Hunter's Guild?" She then raised a hand as the cat eared woman asked about the dinosaur.

"Don't mind Stripe. He's just panicky. Doesn't like crowds."

"Hey now, I didn't call you ugly just because you have a funny face. I don't murder people, I hunt them, usually because they did something bad. There's a difference. She absently looked herself over. "Although, yeah. Don't look particularly good with this. In fact, I look positively murderous. Maybe I should take these off. Probably freak people out less."

Codex Updated.

-Added Lyra to Character information.

Echo nearly jumped out of her skin as Saber spoke to her. "John...Saber?" she said, clearly not recognizing the man.

Tao stood on her rock and yawned some more.

OoC @Berk: Takes shot! :D

Loki smiled mischiefully upon hearing Cynane elaborate on her previous statement. "Well now, perhaps I am those things, perhaps I am only a few, or none at all. It is a mystery. I will reveal this, however. I am a man with vision." he crypically answered while looking over the manegerie of people that had gathered on the mountainside, noting their weapons and other equipment, as well as their behaviour, turning back to Steiner upon hearing his adress him again. "Perhaps it has escaped my notice, as I was preocupied with other, more pressing matters. Or perhaps I have never heard of this paticular bard before, as I have seen a great many." he replied, before turning to the tribal-looking woman, adorned with furs and bones.
"And from whence did you come forth?" he asked Lyra.

Steiner started jumping up and down with rage at Lyra "You can't take law into your own hands. Only the queen and judges can decide a death sentence"

Outisakanobody:
Echo nearly jumped out of her skin as Saber spoke to her. "John...Saber?" she said, clearly not recognizing the man.

"yes that's me we were in the same of people trying to get home remember? i don't expect to really it was a long time ago" he said clearly so she could understand him OOC: could i possible have echo's sheet so i get a better understanding of her

Cynane glanced coolly at Loki.
"Well, I'm not a woman who has much patience for mosswine shit. That generally includes riddles, and mysteries. If you're trying to tell me to mind my own business, then just say it. If you want to tell us anything then do it. But if you think I'm going to try and guess it, then you're barking up the wrong tree." With this said, she returned her attention to Lyra.
"What brings you up to these highlands, desert dweller?" She said guardedly, still wary of the scruffy manhunter.

"Some worlds are used for resources like stone, metal, or food whenever necessary. The Guild of Writers practices writing these worlds or 'Ages'. These worlds are described in books. But there are rules that have to be made in order to make sure that they are stable. One contradictory sentence in the book and world would end up in cataclysm."
He paused for a second.
"As for hunting. There is no such thing. Our civilization is underground, and we have not yet gone to the surface. There are however a few Ages that we use in order to farm meat."

OOC: Sorry 'bout that. A family member pulled me a way for a second.

The hooded woman took another few steps back from the woman with the armour and dinosaurs and glanced over at the man who called himself John Saber. "Why does he need to shout so loud?" She wined mostly talking to herself.

Taking in her surroundings, the ruins were something she'd never seen before, the surroundings didn't sound or even smell the same, she was used to the familiar smell of pine, which was completely absent as far as she could tell.

Wherever 'here' was she didn't like it, looking around she noticed a path that seemed to start to lead down the cliffside they were currently. She decided her best option was to it.

Lyra begins studiously ignoring Steiner, instead turning to Loki. "I was born on Earth, if that's what you mean. Home right now's between the stars, looking about for a spot of fun. Maybe a good hunt, maybe a good old liberation. Not sure what they'll do with me gone though." She began examining the cliff face, looking for a path up. "Although I think I spotted a peeping tom over yonder. Tempted to go see if he wants to join the party." She began moving that way, as she responded to Cynane "No idea. Possibly, a great hunt is afoot. Should be interesting if it is."

David Woon:

Outisakanobody:
snip

a portal opened up and out stepped a man dressed in black armor carrying a staff in one hand and a bottle of whiskery in another, a belt holding a Katana and a revolver, his instant reaction is "goddammit PORTAL WHAT THE HELL?!" he said to the portal again and he then sees someone he met before a girl knows as Echo he walks over to her and kindly asks "echo is that you?? it's me John Saber i was one of the people that was trying to get home a while ago do you know where we are?" he asks knowing the girl was possible not that bright

OoC: I'm sorry, but could you please use more punctuation and paragraphs? Periods and such would make this much easier to read.

EDIT: Never mind

Saltyk:

David Woon:

Outisakanobody:
snip

OoC: I'm sorry, but could you please use more punctuation and paragraphs? Periods and such would make this much easier to read.

sorry i'm not that good at writing or typing

As the armor clad female fiddle around the machine, she eventually found the eject button as the casket popped open with a distinctive hiss. Inside the machine was a young woman with long brown hair. The cryo-freezing process gave her large blisters as the figure cocked it head alittle.

After a few seconds, the woman lurked forward, springing out of the casket, throwing up a white pus before shivering. Her clothing started to defrost as well. A light brown jacket with a blue undershirt and some short shorts.

Instinctively, the woman started looking around, taking in her surroundings.

"Wha... what is...?"

"Shh... You just woken from cryosleep." the armored female said. Her voice was eerily calm. Hollow and yet full. A contradiction definitely.

"Cryo... cryo-sleep?"

"Trying to remember...I don't." Echo said, with an apologetic expression as she inched away from Saber.

Tao looked around and saw the numerous people around the area. She also noticed the strange place she was in. She began to ponder what to do.

David Woon:
OOC: could i possible have echo's sheet so i get a better understanding of her

Didn't make a character sheet for Echo I'm afraid. Anything you wish to know specifically?

David Woon:

Saltyk:

David Woon:

sorry i'm not that good at writing or typing

It's fine. I'm just asking because after a certain point, it becomes difficult to read what you're trying to say. I want to account for you, and the others. So just a few periods here and there would facilitate this. Please and thank you.

"A... a great hunt?" Cynane repeated, unnerved by the insinuation. "The Guild would have a notification posted if there was a hunt on here. There aren't any nearby villages to put in an independant request. You are talking about hunting... monsters, right?" She tensed, knowing what the Cathulii considered as a hunt. On hearing the Maintainer speak, she glanced briefly at him in obvious confusio. None of what he said made any sense to her.

Steiner continued to jump up and down in his plate armour "And further more as a member of the Knights of Pluto... HEY! Are you even listening to me!"

"My, what a abrasiveness. You asked a question, and I answered in kind. That is all there is to it. Hardly a thing to be considdered a riddle." Loki answered Cynane, then turned back to Lyra, interested by her mention of Earth. "Earth, you say? Why, I ought be there now. And yet, curiously, I find myself here, without a clue as to why. And it would seem ending up here without a clue as to why is the case for many a person here." he remarked, then walked closer. "You mentioned you live amongst the stars? Is travel between realms customary for you, then?"

Jessica glanced over at Cynane as she identified herself as the owner of the dinosaur. "Oh. Alright then." She simply replied. She sure doesn't look like one of them. And she isn't trying to kill me like one of them would....I should still keep an eye on her. All the conversations going on around the woman began to give her a headache. Names later, faces now. she thought as she reached around in one of the pockets of her coat with her left hand. She pulled out a small metallic rectangle and began to point it at the various people around. After lingering on someone for a few moments, the device produced a bright flash, then she went on to point it at someone else.

Dal'Sheed thought for a bit. At least he knew why he was here, in contradiction to what Loki said. He decided to take off his breathing mask and goggles. He took a breath of air through his mouth and out his nose. The atmosphere checks out okay.

"Linking is like teleporting. Even the D'ni don't know the exact nature of linking. But you can essentially think of it like metaphorically transporting yourself in a piece of fiction that's been written. Only linking is the act of placing your hand on the front page and teleporting. I know it may sound confusing, but I could show you sometime if I had the chance."

Although it would have to be a departure and make sure the book is destroyed.

OoC: Gah... Gotta catch up a bit. Might post a bit slow.

The woman steps out of the portal into the clearing a bit away from the other assembled there, unaware of their presence at the moment. She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, smiling to herself. "Good... At least the atmosphere isn't noticeably toxic."

John notices Echo slowly walking backwards "no wait it's ok, i'm not going hurt you, wait i know i'll take off my mask and my hood then i'll less scaring" he says as he does exactly that

Cynane flinched and raised a forearm as Jessica's device flashed, before realising it wasn't as blinding as a flash bomb.Quickly she glanced around to make sure no one had done anything they shouldn't have. The situation was starting to get far too complicated for her liking.

"What... you mean... like a story? You're trying to say you travel into the time and place of the stories that the elders tell at the hearth?" She asked Das'heel uncertainly.

Getting the woman up, the armored figure asked. "Do you know your name?"

"No... Nothing at all." The armored figure knew something was up with this one. A Vanguard, the symbol of the bisecting short swords pointing up was a clear indication.

Is this woman a..? Perhaps... But I sense something else... Something that we had all done.

"You.. You seem familiar though." The figure didn't respond giving her the sword and gun that was in the casket. "Who.... Am I?"

The armored figure shrugged at the question before saying. "At least for the moment, I'll give you a name. How about... Beatrice?"

"That... that will work." Nodding with satification, both woman started to wander around, looking at the environment.

"It's...okay..." Echo said as she shuffled on her feet a bit nervously.

Tao saw Echo and stated creeping toward her slowly without her noticing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 642 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here