Secrets of the Dwemer: A Skyrim RP (open, PM to enter)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

"Hm? I like Skyrim. So, I'd prefer the people in charge NOT try to throw me back across the border for the texture and color of my skin. But hey, that's just me. I'm rational. Seems rare in these times."

I turn my head to the Argonian when he says this "I have to admit when Ulfric forced the Dunmer into the slums, you Argonains into the docks and then said his plans to throw everyone but Nords out of skyrim, I thought it was the stupidest thing he could ever try to do, and I apologize for any Nords saying in public that "they'll throw you back across the border" I say feeling guilty about that

Hm. Sympathetic Nords. I raise an eyebrow, and remain skeptical. Most Nords don't give a damn about other races, what were the odds that he had run into the two that didn't care.

"If I'm getting this right, you both want Skyrim for the Nords, but also everyone else. I think you misunderstand your cause. Way I see it, Ulfric wants to be high king, and he wants to kick out anybody that isn't a Nord. That's the whole point of the Stormcloaks. You two believe in.... making life difficult for those who pretty much hold the same views as you?"

I shrug, and look between the two again. "Or, I suppose it's a Talos thing with you two? Can't see the difference between the Elves and the Imperials who fight them? It's mostly in the height, ear length, and the whole 'Immensely dislike each other, and are trying very hard to scrounge up forces for the next war'. You people have looked at a map, right? You know Skyrim is the place right in the middle of supply lines? You're helping the Thalmor, and I don't think any of you even see that!" I wave my arms out in a flourish, earning a glare from most the patrons. Most importantly, Kleppr.

"Oh, there you are barkeep. I'll have what the Nords are having. No spit, I'll be watching." The old nord glared as he went to fetch the drinks.

I sighed and shook my head, "If you don't believe that I'm not prejudice then fine, I dont have to prove myself to you, I support Ulfric in one thing only, the Imperials and the Thalmor have to go, Im sick and tired of being tolled how to live my life because that coward of an emperor couldn't defend his empire". I put my free hand up and say quieter, "Ok...ok, guess that was the wrong subject to get into, lets start over, Hi I am Hulgar, You?".

"Well what I want is people to acknowledge that Nords are Skyrim's natives, that we won't be push around just because "The Emperor" signed that damned treaty with The Thamlor in which we lost the right to pray to Talos!, I agree with you The Imperial Legion and The Thamlor HAVE TO GO!, our religion to be left alone and Ulfric not be so damn power hungry for the High King Throne." I say taking a sip of my mead.

"I help myself and those who cannot help or stand up for themselves and no one else" he said proudly taking another sip then hearing my Nord friend introduce himself "I'm Brunwulf but most call me John" I say introducing himself

Umbra Rimph was a patient fellow. Or at least that's what he reminded himself as he scoured through the notes in front of him. His Candlelight spell floated daintily in front of him, soft enough to not disturb other patrons of the Silver-Blood Inn yet bright enough to see what in Trinimac's name he was reading. The papers sprawled out on the table before him were notes supposedly about an alternate method of powering magic with soul gems, but the two ways the Orc interpreted the notes this far exploded in his face. Magic was a tricky bitch.

Needing to take a break from this head-imploding endeavor, the aged Mer leaned back in his chair and took a deep yawn. He refused to stifle his gaping mouth and fumbled for his pipe off to the side. Umbra dumped out the ashes and packed it in again, then he stuck a stick in a nearby lamp to light the cherry. Umbra piled all his notes back up and set them in a satchel. Then he found his way over to Kleppr and threw down a few Septims for a bottle of wine. The old Nord salesman was busy shooting daggers at an Argonian man, so Umbra just lifted a bottle off the table and set the appropriate coinage in its place.

The scholar found an empty seat near the previously mentioned Argonian man and listened intently at the debate between him and the Nords nearby. The conversation wasn't half bad, it was the usual inflamed political banter among the usual suspects, but Umbra didn't want to return to his mind-bending notes so this was as good of a diversion as any. He set his semi-purchased bottle of wine in front of him and uncorked it with a deep pop while setting down his bag of priceless aged knowledge next to it. He began to drink straight from the bottle and after a few swigs watched the conversation between the Nords and Argonian, curious to see where things went from there.

Hulgar decided to go the easy way, the same patriotic jingoism he'd heard from every Nord and their ax swinging dread wolves. A weak Empire is made weaker when one of their strongest factions, smack dab in the middle of everything decides to start swinging axes because they don't get their way.

The one named..... John? he offered a better hook. And, well, I was in this far. In for a penny, in for a pound, as someone somewhere had surely said.

"The Nords? Natives? It's like you forgot that this was a land of elves, Falmer in fact. Or do we all just... forget that you commit genocide? Justified, perhaps, but this land is not yours. Nothing is yours, everything can be taken with swift hands, a sword, or an army depending on scale." The Barkeep shoved a drink into my hands and held out his hand. I drop a few septims, and turn back to the Nords. Clearing my throat, I properly introduce myself with a bow.

"And now we give names? I am Idreon, traveler and mercenary. Apparently I've fallen on hard times when I wasn't looking." I sigh and take a seat again, taking a sip. "... I'm actually very surprised there's no spit in here."

"but then Skyrim isn't a part of the Imperial territory and yeah this was a land of the Falmer but as you said everything can be taken" I say raising his mug "a pleasure to meet you" I say

I smile and somewhat chuckle, "listen to us ramble on about politics, its clearly going no where". Then I notice an Ork sitting near Idreon, " I don't suppose you wish to join the discussion...do you?".

EDIT: Oh no it's already started! Ahhhhhh! Just ignore this, kthxbai.

bringing up post

nevermind

"Or do we all just... forget that you commit genocide?"

Now the conversation was getting interesting for Umbra. The debaters had sheathed the usual trite quotes and started on the interesting stuff. The Orc took another sip of wine before leaning in closer to the Argonian and whispering something in his ear:

"... I'm actually very surprised there's no spit in here."

At this point Umbra entered the ring with a witty comment. He scooted closer to the table and peered into the lizardman's cup. "Huh. If I were you, I'd check for piss as well." His quip was followed by a question from one of the Nords.

"Listen to us ramble on about politics; it's clearly going nowhere"

"I beg to differ. At this point the argument is actually reaching out to relevant topics without relying on pre-digested rhetoric. And yes, I guess I already threw my hat into the ring." Umbra leaned back to get a comfortable position where he was sitting and took a huff of his pipe, ready to begin.

"I beg to differ. At this point the argument is actually reaching out to relevant topics without relying on pre-digested rhetoric. And yes, I guess I already threw my hat into the ring."

I finish off my mead "hold on I want to hear this, I'll just get another drink" I say turning towards Kleppr "another" I said sliding the mug to him "no spit" I said as he caught it, I glaring at him and he glares back then nods and fills up the mug again I watch him this time and then he passes it back, I then sit back down near the Orc and wait for the discussion to continue

Main Event

Before I can get another word in, yet another man entered the Inn. He wore a hooded robe like the ones youed typically would see a priest wear. Yet something tolled me this man was no priest. His face was hidden anough to the point were I couldnt tell if he were a Nord Breton or Imperial, I knew for certain he was no Elf of any kind, and he couldnt be Argonian cause well...it would be apparent. He looked around as if studying the crowd, his attention settled on us. He approached us and studied us individually as if he were inspecting troops or something. He smiled and took a seat in the most casual matter, "let me guess..." he began "your all looking to make some coin...well...I have a job offer for any one courageous and bold enough to take it". Then he paused and looked around for someone to reply.

I stare at the man some what puzzled, I cross my arms and ask "exactly what kind of
"Job" we talking? and who are you?". The man only grinned some more, "Who I am is of
no importance right now, all you need to know Is that I have a large some of gold at
my disposal for someone to merely retrieve an Item of interest". again he paused
and waited for one of us to reply...

while enjoying my cold mead I hear the words for a stranger who had sit down with us "a large some of gold, job, courageous", speaking up "a Quest of Bravery and Wealth? you have peek my interest" leaning closer I say "tell me more about this Item of Interest stranger" I wait for The Stranger to reply

"Huh. If I were you, I'd check for piss as well."

"I'd have noticed... probably, it is pretty cheap." I look at it for a second, and take a sniff as the far less armed one spoke up again.

"The immortal words of the losing side." I mutter to myself, smirking and putting down the cup. Kleppr won this mind game, I could see him glaring at me again. I give a wink and return to the Orc.

"I beg to differ. At this point the argument is actually reaching out to relevant topics without relying on pre-digested rhetoric. And yes, I guess I already threw my hat into the ring."

"Here-here!" I say grinning, an educated Orc was always fun to see. Getting one to drink was also fun. The Nord orders something else from Kleppr, seeming to misunderstand the Argonian's dilemma. Ignorance of racism must make a nicer life, I think while rolling my eyes, leaning on the counter. A man enters the bar, and walks towards us. However he seemed to guess from a political discussion that we were all actually merc's. I just roll with it, famine was not fun for any merc's.

"Let me guess... you're all looking to make some coin...? Well...I have a job offer for any one courageous and bold enough to take it."

"A specific amount of coin makes me a very bold Argonian indeed. Until I see a septim, you can try another group." I say, rubbing my fingers together, smirking again. "Though, finding someone with my skill is as rare as finding a Dragon bard."

"tell me more about this Item of Interest stranger"

"It is an ancient relic of great historical value, we believe its located here somewhere in Skyrim, the people I work for are willing to pay through the nose to get it", then he sighed and crossed his arms. "But that's just it, if we knew where it was well..." he shrugs, "I wouldnt be here hiring people such as yourselves".

"A specific amount of coin makes me a very bold Argonian indeed. Until I see a septim, you can try another group."

The man nodded and grinned, "hmmm...you wish to see the money do you? why? do you not
trust me?" the man says joking around but then got more serious. "Alright Argonian,
think about this, the Item itself is extremely valuable, Im sure youd find
a number of people willing to pay allot of money for it...but I usure you" he said with
the most dead serious tone ever, "we WILL top any other offer". then he raised
one finger as if recalling something, "Iv neglected to mention, their is another group
interested in gaining possession of it as well, this must not happen...or els no one
gets paid".

Though tempting as it was, I still was somewhat unsure of the man. "Who is this, other
group? or are you not liable to tell us that as well" I say voicing my clear
distrust.

The man only looked at me and said, "Your likely to find out soon enough anyways,
very well" he paused a moment realizing the seriousness of what he is about to reveal
"...they are...the Thalmor"...

"Alright Argonian, think about this, the Item itself is extremely valuable, I'm sure you'd find a number of people willing to pay allot of money for it...but I assure you, we WILL top any other offer."

"Yet proof remains in such little supply." I say, leaning back and picking my nails. The Man continues on, undaunted.

"I've neglected to mention, there is another group interested in gaining possession of it as well, this must not happen...or else no one gets paid."

"That should go without saying." I monotone, as one of the more gullible Nords falls for the bait. Or perhaps the two were in league with each other, scam artists...

"You're likely to find out soon enough anyways, very well... they are... the Thalmor"

I can feel my eyebrow raise in skepticism, the man was being a massive drama queen about this, but there was something there. The chance to fight his father's enemy certainly SOUNDED interesting, but this was a predominately Nord town. The second Thalmor was mentioned, he could practically hear every proud Nord diving for their favorite ax while giving shifty eyes to anyone not born a Nord.

"Hm... Name dropping Skyrim's biggest enemy? How are we to know this isn't a trick *by* the Thalmor, to find 'traitors'? Though, in the interest of playing along, let's hear more about what this is about. Consider me hired if it helps you sleep at night."

"Hm... Name dropping Skyrim's biggest enemy? How are we to know this isn't a trick *by* the Thalmor, to find 'traitors'? Though, in the interest of playing along, let's hear more about what this is about. Consider me hired if it helps you sleep at night."

"hmmm...your no mere Mercenary brute one would come upon in this land, Im sorry, I just cant tell you much more about my situation I can tell you that our sources are valid. their is an Item here of great interest certainly enough interest to where the Thalmor have began looking for it themselves, Were willing to pay top coin to make sure it doesnt fall in their hands, if this doesnt interest you then you are most certainly welcomed to just walk the other way...if you are interested, then I would recommend that you start looking in the Dwemer ruins of Raldbthar" http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Raldbthar

Then it appeared that something alarmed the man, he stood and before he left he said "their here, I have to go if you find it, look for a man named Gladius at Falkreath, hell pay you your money and take the Item off your hands". And then he leaves in a hurry, moments later two Thalmor soldiers enter the Inn and look around clearly looking for someone. "YOU, THE NORD IN THE FUR ARMOR" called one of the men. I ignored the man and continued drinking my mead, The Thalmor was clearly enraged. They both approached me, "you will answer me when I talk to you, human!!!" still I ignored the man. He reached over and pushed aside my mead onto the ground, my blood began to boil and my hand began to curl into a fist. I look up to the Thalmor "Yes?" I say with clear irritation. "A man wearing hooded robes was seen entering this place, do you know know anything about that?!" asked the soldier. I shook my head, "Nope...I dont know nothing, now if youl excuse me I..." I stood to walk away but they force me back down, I grew ever more angry. "You may leave when we say you can understand?" I did nothing but hold back the urge to draw Death Dealer from its shieth. They look to John Idreon and the Ork, "The Thalmor demands your cooperation, if you know anything about the man we described you are to report so to any Thalmor official" he then looks down to me, "That includes you, Nord"...

"you will answer me when I talk to you, human!!!"

"You may leave when we say you can understand?"

when the Thalmor forces Hulgar to sit back down my blood boils and I stand and get in between Hulgar and the Thamlor "alright look we ain't seen no man in a hood It's been the four of us that just entered recently and yeah you may demand answers and respect but that doesn't mean you'll will receivce it you got to earn it first, so how about you go back to the pit you came from and crawl back in before I cut your damn head for threatening my friend, pick up your head and walk off for the Thamlor Ebassey, then I throw your decapitated head in Elenwen's feet and say "that's one down"" I say letting out some Blood Lust and Killing Intent while my hand rests on my Blades sword

I stand beside John, "Take his advice friend, I aint scared to fight you people and something tells me my friend isnt either...We tolled you we knew nothing and we ment it".

The Thalmor looked at us bolth, "I should have you bolth executed for your defiance, unfortunately, I have neither the time or patience to make it so...But If I learn that you have lied to me I Guarantee you...it will happen". And the two Soldiers walk away...

"and may the door punch you on the way out!" I shout as they leave I then turn to Hulgar "thanks that could of turned ugly" I say sitting back down "so i don't know about you three but I need the coin, so who's with me?"

"aye" I say, "No harm in checking into it, especially if it means undermining those Thalmor bastards". I turn to Idreon, "come on, surely you wouldnt want to miss out at making some coin...come on, Itl be fun, or are you the loner type?". I then turn to the Ork, "I apologies, I dont believe I caught your name"...

So, if I accept this commission, then I'm paired with at least two heroic warriors with serious authority issues. Could be worse.

During the entire time with the Hooded Man and the Thalmor, Umbra sat reclined in his new favorite chair and enjoyed his tobacco. His interest started reading its head, certainly, and he also liked pissing in the Thalmor's morning milk, but he was still just a old, scholarly Orc who needed to give a few more lectures.

"I'm still not sold on the whole 'treasure hunting' shtick yet." Umbra decided to voice his thoughts out loud this time. "I'm not what I was, which was never much, and I'm not cut out for galavanting up and around the country anyways. The job certainly doesn't look boring, but that might actually be a negative for me. Also, I'm Umbra Rimph."

BUMPING

"I'm not what I was, which was never much, and I'm not cut out for galavanting up and around the country anyways. The job certainly doesn't look boring, but that might actually be a negative for me. Also, I'm Umbra Rimph."

"Umbra, even if you aren't a fighter these days, there are still a few skill holes to fill in our little group of recruits." I wave my hand around to indicate myself, Hulgar, and Idreon. "If you were an adept at the magic arts, you'd certainly have a role to play. Also, I seem to remember seeing you giving some lecture on the Deep Folk, and the expertise you showed there would be useful on our commission."

I continued to listen to the hidden man continue to talk, without any real proof of anything. The convenient entrance of the Thalmor and how easily and quickly they left also left me uneasy... But it managed to make him curious, if nothing else. Nothing like testing the traps of the knife eared pricks.

"I'm not what I was, which was never much, and I'm not cut out for galavanting up and around the country anyways. The job certainly doesn't look boring, but that might actually be a negative for me. Also, I'm Umbra Rimph."

"Since you just successfully used the word galavanting, I'll assume you're smart enough to read? I need someone who can do that if you'd like to share in the coin? I got a plan..." I let loose my devilish Argonian grin, and look at the door again. I'd need to leave soon.

"If you were an adept at the magic arts, you'd certainly have a role to play. Also, I seem to remember seeing you giving some lecture on the Deep Folk, and the expertise you showed there would be useful on our commission."

"Since you just successfully used the word galavanting, I'll assume you're smart enough to read? I need someone who can do that if you'd like to share in the coin? I got a plan..."

Like many before him, Umbra was nothing before the unstoppable force of peer pressure. He tossed his hands up in the air in semi-mock defeat, letting his newly-formed business partners know of his surrender. "Fine, fine, I'll let you guys take me along. I'll un-break you and read for you and keep you from doing anything stupid." Our hero drained the last of his elder grape juice in as ingle mighty swig, and went on to the next logical step of the matter.

"So, when and where are we meeting for this little party of ours? Are we going to see if he tried to recruit anyone else, or is this expedition of four what we've got?"

I couldnt help but smile, "so it looks like were all in cahoots then". I thought a moment, if the Thalmor were looking for it as well, then clearly we were going to need to be careful. A few Justiciers probably wouldnt be an issue, but what if we run into great numbers of them. Not to mention the Imperials, I must assume they are working with the Thalmor due to their damned treaty. A man of my background might not sit well with them at all. I rub my chin in though...

"So, when and where are we meeting for this little party of ours? Are we going to see if he tried to recruit anyone else, or is this expedition of four what we've got?"

i think for a bit then speak "well by now he's probably gone so it might not be worth it, I guess this is it and um well no time like present" I say to Umbra ordering another drink but this time asking for best sliver blood mead they have

In the midst of thinking I pull out my bounty letter I got from Kleppr earlier, then I wave it up to where all of us can see "Perhaps it would be a good Idea to pull off this bounty before we go for the relic, as a means of getting gold for the trip itself like carriage fare, food and supplies, mead and ummm mead" I sorta laugh at my last comment

"Perhaps it would be a good Idea to pull off this bounty before we go for the relic, as a means of getting gold for the trip itself like carriage fare, food and supplies, mead and ummm mead"

I turn to Hugar and smile "I agree this would also leave little more coin on the side for us after the job is done" I say before taking another sip of my mead "aye always got to have Mead in these types of plans" laughing with him

"Perhaps it would be a good Idea to pull off this bounty before we go for the relic, as a means of getting gold for the trip itself like carriage fare, food and supplies, mead and ummm mead"

Umbra's visage cracked into a grin at the Nordic insistence on alcohol. The Mer scoots his chair away from the table and lifts himself onto his feet with a bit of pain sprinkled among the effort.

"Well, that sounds like an afternoon." Umbra had to suppress a yawn as he stretched his back out. "I might as well join you, if only to share in the profits. Who's on the chopping block this time?" His last question was directed at Hulgar, who was holding the bounty paper.

As he was packing up his papers, Umbra asked another question: "If we're bounty hunting tomorrow, I'll need some rest tonight. Say, where should we meet tomorrow before we set off?"

"I might as well join you, if only to share in the profits. Who's on the chopping block this time?"

"some bandit leader held up in a cave east of here, shouldnt be to hard, well do it cash in and then head off to get the Relic"

"If we're bounty hunting tomorrow, I'll need some rest tonight. Say, where should we meet tomorrow before we set off?"

I shrug, " maybe...ummm, near the gates 9:00 A.M". I look to Idreon who seemed to be up to something..." So...you want to join us or you off to do your own thing?"

"Fine, fine, I'll let you guys take me along. I'll un-break you and read for you and keep you from doing anything stupid."

'No amount of orc intelligence can make that happen with two proud Nords on the team.' Idreon rolled his eyes, while Hulgar brought up a job of his. Simple enough, just wanted to make some money before heading out... But it seemed convenient, like everything else. What if this WAS a spy, and this was to test their skills before the trap was sprung.

'I'm onto your game.'

"I have a plan already, and alone might be best anyways. You men enjoy your trip, and perhaps we'll all meet at the ruins? Raldbthar?" Idreon gave his (somewhat sleazy) grin, and began heading out. He'd ride to the Thalmor embassy, if they were truly interested a bureaucratic bastard would've written up some report. And going into a job with as much intelligence as possible was what kept the best thieves alive.

"See you all soon, unless one of you wishes to come with?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked