Unforgotten Realms: Episode 28: Mr. Five Dollars

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

SirSchmoopy:
Do you guys honestly require everything to happen instantly? Anytime I introduce any element to the story, if it it not then instantly explained then you whine about it. Did you guys watch the part where the characters directly make fun of you guys for taking this show so seriously?

My head hurts.

First question: No, But it did seem a little too random was all.Second part othe post that wasnt a question: We are what are known as fans. so yes complaing about an episode while still calling it the best in the season is part of the job description. Second Question: yes, alot of us did watch that part. Giving you said there were 2 episodes left, They will more than likely be good and tie things together.

I apologize for the headache. Keep up the good work :D

Ok i liked the episode and i have an intelligence over that thing you find when you cleaning out the bottom but people seriously who gives a shit about jock and petey they were comic relief replaced when Roamin and Gary were introduced and stuck around i mean they of no importanted till the ogre episode( the first one wheres theres just one) and till Roamins solo adventure i completly forgot the existed so quit whining Petey is digesteded or kill and Jock well hes an axe and he has no mind control made up if you remember
Aside from that love the Episode Rob : )

Minimike3636:
And why weren't there two "Sins of the Unforgotten" marks during the intro, and what do they mean anyway?

Considering that the art style for that picture represents The White Chamber and that the game actually has similar marks that determine how the game will end, I will have to go with that.

Not that anyone else has played the game.

... Is this funny? Or what? Why is it so popular?

Seamus8:

Walrus Man:
Basically, the Arbiter had some kind of previously unknown curse on him that had the "Look out it's a dragon!" effect. This unknown curse somehow made the Arbiter look like Gary. Although this curse probably has no planned out explanation from Rob, it could be a curse that activates the skin of tolerance's effect when the words "Look out it's a dragon!" are heard (The arbiter wasn't a dwarf so Roamin and all the other dwarfs then saw the Arbiter as a dwarf that happens to look like the original Gary).

You're looking way too much into it (imho). It's not a plot twist, it's a puchline, and a damn funny one at that.

The curse of tolerance (skin of tolerance?) makes you look like whoever is looking at you. I.E. makes you look 'tolerable'. Think about that from a race perspective for a second.

If that wasn't enough, the joke was spoon-fed to you with yet another punchline 'curse of intolerance?'.

I understood that it was a joke completely. I just made that post for all those people on previous pages that were saying "I don't get it at all".

SilentHunter7:
lol wtf was with Roamin at the end?

...and no, the whiny fans wont stop bothering you.

What happened to the Legends of the Hidden Temple statute thing?
And how did they get to the top with no visible stairs?
And why doesn't Rob just beat up Timmy, and take the Rule Book back?
:P

The same way they got to each room with no visible doors >.>

Superpuff:
Ok i liked the episode and i have an intelligence over that thing you find when you cleaning out the bottom but people seriously who gives a shit about jock and petey they were comic relief replaced when Roamin and Gary were introduced and stuck around i mean they of no importanted till the ogre episode( the first one wheres theres just one) and till Roamins solo adventure i completly forgot the existed so quit whining Petey is digesteded or kill and Jock well hes an axe and he has no mind control made up if you remember
Aside from that love the Episode Rob : )

I like petey D'= Even if he didn't do much...

i thought it was an alright episode overall (though too much filler i thought)
but regardless of the seemingly non-sensical plot, you cant just ignore a cliffhanger and continue with no explanation!

even if you had just said "2 days later", implying that you knew there was more to it that you just weren't explaining
but as it was written, it seemed as if you just forgot about the stone head or else didnt want to write about it

im not a proper fan, but that did kinda annoy me

romains sizur had to do with losing gaary

and i think garry changing is an optical illusion

I loved it when Gary was set free and also Abraham Lincoln was so unexpected.
The plot is a bit confusing. Firstly, what happened to the stone head (I know everyone already mentioned that but seriously what happened)? Secondly, how come Shmoopy no longer has the stone of changing? I might have missed something but I don't remember him losing it. The other thing was the 'Sins of the Unforgotten' in the intro is back down to one. I'm guessing that's just a mistake but it was still bothering me.
This was a really funny episode, it was just that the plot was a bit confusing.

EDIT: I did appreciate the joke about the fans complaining even though it's a show about a game that is completely made up. I'm expecting the stone head to be explained but the way the episode opened it just seemed to completely avoid the cliffhanger from the previous episode as opposed to leaving it temporarily unexplained.

EDIT AGAIN: I think two of my problems cancel each other out. I couldn't believe Rob would make a stupid mistake with the 'Sins of the Unforgotten' thing and thought it must be a plot device and now I realise how it might work out with the cliffhanger from the previous episode. Damn, this plot is actually really well thought out.

I'm not really gunna read the comments so i just wanted to say good work wit the sode Rob, the referance to us whiny annoying fans was quite awesome, If we aren't gunna stress about what the story will turn into then who will!? =P

Wait, where was the deaf not blind thing from? I know I've heard that somewhere before.

Hamster at Dawn:
Wait, where was the deaf not blind thing from? I know I've heard that somewhere before.

Illidan's annoyed quote from Warcraft III.

Nice to see them finally done with the tower. It was starting to get bland somewhat.

Aw, come on we need to know what happened to Petey and Jacque (PS I think that you will next episode anyway because that's like before they battle the Big boss dude they rally the troops or the other guys come to the rescue or some other shit, do you know what i'm saying)

[Skipping past 3 pages of comments]
I'm gonna be one of those whiny fans: um, was the fact that there was only one strike on the Sins of the Unforgotten at the beginning a fluke, or was is the result of that whole "send you back to the past" cliffhanger?

Edit: Oh yeah, and just for argument's sake, Abe Lincoln never actually freed anyone with the Emancipation Proclamation: the document stated that all of the slaves in the confederacy were free, but he had no control over the confederacy (the distinction was made because there were some slave states still in the union that he didn't want to piss off). Basically the Proclamation was a political dick-move made to piss off the south. :)

Nothing on Lincoln, though, he is still the greatest (sorcerer). :D

quality in the beginning thing was better

agreed -- "I'm blind not deaf" was excellent.

free of what?

GARY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Two episodes left? oohh build up to the big finale..

SirSchmoopy:
Do you guys honestly require everything to happen instantly? Anytime I introduce any element to the story, if it it not then instantly explained then you whine about it. Did you guys watch the part where the characters directly make fun of you guys for taking this show so seriously?

Honestly I don't think they care. The fact that you put it in the show means that you saw this comming. So it must not come as a surprise to you.

boomman31:
free of what?

I'll give you some hints.
1. Gary is black.
2. Abe Lincoln ended slavery
3. Gary hates being with Roamin

tustin2121:

Edit: Oh yeah, and just for argument's sake, Abe Lincoln never actually freed anyone with the Emancipation Proclamation: the document stated that all of the slaves in the confederacy were free, but he had no control over the confederacy (the distinction was made because there were some slave states still in the union that he didn't want to piss off). Basically the Proclamation was a political dick-move made to piss off the south. :)

Nothing on Lincoln, though, he is still the greatest (sorcerer). :D

This is mostly true but you forget that Lincoln followed up the proclamation by telling soldiers to attempt to free all Confederacy slaves that they see. As a side note, a free slave can't pick cotton and since cotton picking was a major part of the Confederacy's economy, the Union soldiers' freeing of slaves greatly damaged the Confederacy's economy. Furthermore, the fact that Britain and France (countries that the Confederacy saw as potential allies) were strongly against slavery caused these two countries to decide not to ally with the Confederacy as soon as it was apparent that the Union was against slavery as well.

Gavin rules. Roamin freaked out and that's got to count for something.
Even if he is a bit of an idiot.

Sweet episode, dude. Can't wait for the next.

So, wait. Abraham Lincoln is Guinsoo, or Abraham Lincoln can make himself look like Guinsoo?

It all makes sense if you look at it sideways.

I think everyone is forgetting about what happened at the end of the last episode. Rob got Stoned.

Simply put, that explains everything.

i have an easy answer to any questions that anyone has... its magic that is the answer to every question you might have about any thing like this.

OH MY GOD YOU KILLED GAARY!!

The barbs against the fans aren't funny anymore Rob, it's burgeoning on smug sarcasm. They extract the audience from suspension of disbelief (I've never personaly appreciated characters that break the 4th wall).

Seriously though, save yourself the headache medication (and a future aneurism); stop worrying about every single post. You're never going to please everybody. While this episode seems to have a lower then usual approval rating the vast majority enjoy your work, most of the time. That's all anyone can realistically hope for.

I get a good laugh out of your show and keep up with it regularly, again so seemingly do most others.

Keep up the good work.

Loved this episode Rob, Schmoopy's look when Abe showed up was priceless.

And Rob, Did you know that UR has it's own TvTropes page? I honor you for that sir.

search for traps pookie! XD

was that a bluff about not finding out about Petey? because i miss him :P and Jaque too

It might of been said before but maybe the Sins of the Unforgotten went back to one because they we're sent back in time like the stone said he would. I dunno how the Kobolds and the vampire guy are there... but I guess they could go back in time too.

They went back in time so Gary could of had a curse put on him during the time they skipped... time travel is confusing so don't expect anything to make sense.

I think I know what happened for this episode. In the last one the statue said "If you get this question wrong I'll send you back to the past" or something like that, so he sent sent Schmoopy and the others back to the past, creating an alternate timeline where they bypassed the statue all together.
Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm guessing the statue sent them far enough back to erase the second "Sins of the Unforgotten" thing...... and the first 3 floors.......

Or more likely he did it just to piss off the fans, because y'know they're ungrateful.

Maybe it's the stupid optimistic part of me that I keep trying to suppress, but I, for one, figure Rob will get around to wrapping up all the loose ends... eventually.

Now, you may be asking yourself, why bring up relevant and irrelevant plot points, especially ones that seem to have been over and done with for eons now? One thing I have learned from watching either iteration of the series, especially this episode, is to never discount as coming back, no matter how ridiculous it might be. I, for one, rather than think any more, or looking at the video page attempting to think, trust Rob to do whatever the hell he feels is necessary to move the plot along and eventually close plot holes... or not.

Quite frankly, I rather prefer sitting back and enjoying watching the episode and leaving the thinking to Rob, which is what he's here for, after all.

Great job. =D

This story keeps on getting better and better every episode

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook