Apocalypse Lane: Episode Two: Poker Night

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Fleeting:
Just let it die. We dont need another bad series like unforgotten realms. Its just not funny and its all been done before.

and die it shall. This show at its very best will be a 5 out of 10, but most episodes will hover around 2-3 out of 10.

I would Hate to See a Great Series Like this Die Due to bad Reviews...i Liked it its Funny and Creative.

bodyklok:

Littlenorwegians:
Find me the funny. . .
I can't find it. Being just plain silly by going "This is like a typical thing in our society, but after the apocalypse." doesn't work.
"HEY! It's a gay person, but hes a ghoul.

And the heavy usage of censor beep has been done plenty of times before. I knew after 3 seconds the guys around the table would drop their jaws and there would be an awkward silence.

A cute thing you don't expect to have a deep, throaty voice has also been used. Fex, the baby from Who Fooled Roger Rabbit.

I'm only speaking for myself of course, but I can't laugh at this.
It's not offensive, sick, witty, shocking and certainly not original in my book.
I am of course open for this show to improve and wish the best of luck in doing so, that is to say if you want to improve the show.

Agreed dude.

That's pretty much everything I was going to list.

Lot better then the previous episode, the Willy part put a massive grin on my face.

o wow sodomy, awesome

very very funny, the quality is improving so I can see a bright future for this show, though why has the worm you showed in the teaser not showed up?

Sure the sensor thing has been done a lot but what you look for is the bridge topics. I thought it was quite well done. The real trick of staying power is the interplay of the characters and not the originality of the comedy. I think you have some interesting characters going here.

Improvement, i managed a chuckle this week. Hope this isnt improving at that slow of a rate. Its hard to create a show with so many mirror characters that try to be original. I know a lot of people are hoping this fails, im neutral on that sentiment, its still got a long way to go to be a solid show. Who knows if it will get there.

JaketheRake:
Sure the sensor thing has been done a lot but what you look for is the bridge topics. I thought it was quite well done. The real trick of staying power is the interplay of the characters and not the originality of the comedy. I think you have some interesting characters going here.

This guy gets it. :)

That's better! I'm starting to like this serie!
Good job there, hardhat!

Yeah I liked it, it was better than last weeks. Let's hope it gets better.

I was under the impression the zombie was a traditional redneck skank country girl, which is why the paradoy works so well as she no longer has any skin....
Its growing on me.

Beltom1066:
The beginning was a bit slow but I couldn't help laughing when that zombie started telling it's story. Better than lasts weeks but could still use some work.

This. I literally started laughing out loud when the zombie started telling the story. The words that weren't bleeped were perfect.

certainly better than the last one but still just bland.

I enjoyed this episode, and this series feels very refreshing.

What really sells the "censored jokes" are the parts that ARE heard. And the more nonsensical they are the more hilarious it is. It was executed really well here. Great job!

Okay, I honestly had to laugh this time!

"When I'm taking your stuff, I feel like there's a bond."
And the way Willy kept getting beeped with the few, intersected and totally random words...

Just don't repeat the beeping-part or it'll get old.
But it's nice for one episode.

Overall, much better than the first one.
Could've done without the cat puking, though. Their stunned looks would've been enough.

Oh man, I loved that one! The entire room where I'm working was crackin up :P

I love this series. So, so much.

And Stinky is really awesome.

Dude, I cried laughing when the zombie was tellin his story. Way better than last week.

"...it's like bobbing for apples, but with a..."

Getting better! Much better than Last weeks "meh" fest.

Jive-TurKey:

Fleeting:
Just let it die. We dont need another bad series like unforgotten realms. Its just not funny and its all been done before.

and die it shall. This show at its very best will be a 5 out of 10, but most episodes will hover around 2-3 out of 10.

I think you have to give it a chance to find its place.
This episode was much better than last weeks, and had me laughing at a few spots. I'm expecting next weeks to be even better.
I'm going to keep watching, and over time I think they'll find their humor and roll with it.

haha very nice but i want more!!

Despite the mixed reception, I can honestly say I enjoyed it.
A lot better than the pilot.

I was laughing so hard at the zombies story. Last week wasn't that great, but this was genius.

"Ahh, I miss frank"

better than last week but still very disappointing. i don't think i will be tuning in for further episodes. all the characters are still very shallow and hard to relate to.

A fun little mid-morning diversion on an otherwise boring Friday at work. Keep it up!

Yeah, Jon's improving. I guess they could introduce Big Worm next episode.

i laughed quite a lot during the zombie guys story XD (sorry i forgot his name, i do that a lot)

im still a little unsure of it :P but im gonna watch next week's too

ROFL Totaly awesome, so much more funnier than unskipable. Keep up the good work. <3

As a few people before said, the first two minutes were kind of amusing but not really going anywhere, then the last bit made it great.

If next week is as good as this one I'll be sure to keep watching.

Ashbax:

Beltom1066:
The beginning was a bit slow but I couldn't help laughing when that zombie started telling it's story. Better than lasts weeks but could still use some work.

I agree completeley ^^ it was definiteley better than last week - they are learning from their mistakes. I bet this show is gonna turn out great pretty soon, No doubt with a few Fo3 references, and I loved the Zombies story.

This! And Fallout references are almost certainly to come ;)

It's definitely getting better, made me laugh out loud this time around. If it continues to improve, it has potential to be really great.

Keep at it!

I liked it. Though I have a habit of skipping intro music. (same with ZP) I hope the series gradually gets better, and I want to see more agression! How about cuddles pulling out a switch blade every episode?

I was lmao when they bleeped out her sex talk lol

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or