Escape to the Movies: Zombieland

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

ElArabDeMagnifico:
Damn, I'm at school right now and I have no headphones so I can't listen...but this first comment worries me:

slopeslider:
This movie looked lke a good idea from the trailers. Now im skipping it.

Maybe it's good that I can't watch it, because I really want this movie to be good, seeing as that I am going to see it anyway. (A big group of friends wants to see it this weekend.)

The guy posted that comment two minutes after the video went up. There' no possible way he could have seen the entire review and said that, so feel free to ignore him and go about your merry little way.

Well if it wasn't blatantly obvious I need to see Zombiefest by now, please slap me with a big neon sign that says "Go See Zombieland."

So going to see this movie, always liked the zombie subgenre. The titel alone would be enough to atleast watch it.

The trailer made this film look like a film along the lines of scarey movie, I'm glad its been shown otherwise.

Sweet, going to see it.

Side note: loving all the zombie games coming out lately. Still playing Nazi Zombies, I MADE A GAME WITH ZOMBIES IN IT!!1!, Zombie Apoc, and looking forward to L4D2.

I'm going to go see the movie tomorrow, but I have one thing to say, where are the other rules damnit!

Well thanks a lot for the reassurance guys, I got a chance to watch the video now but all I'm gonna say is that after Bob's last words were uttered, I just said "fuck yes!"

Can't wait to see the movie.

Oh that's good to hear. I waws so afraid of it getting bits or fun surrounded by boring boring boring nothingness behind the premise of zombie apocalypse. Well, this weekend should be a good time to see it, or maybe next weekend, and taking on Ricky Gervais this week. Either way, both look phenomenal, so it's as much a coin flip as anything else.

MovieBob:
Zombieland

This week MovieBob revie..what the..NO NO AIIIGHH!! *uuughkkk*..braaaaiiiinnnnss..

Watch Video

But is it better than Shaun of the Dead?

I guess I can go see it now.

and so I'll watch it :)

I think the reason why people like to kill zombies is because they are frail, slow and pose a legitimate enough threat to excuse blowing their head off.

I can say for sure that I hate people, but I don't think has anything to do with wanting to kill zombies.

I like Movie Bob's reviews, I was never really into cinema that much before, but between watching his reviews for the new stuff and AVGN's reviews for the classics, I think I've watched alot of great movies that I would never otherwise even heard about.

arkwright:
well thats convinced me to go and see it but will it be as good as shaun of the dead?

that is a good question, i am suprised bob never mentions it...

What is wrong with the soviets? They helped out the allies in world war 2 and have done nothing to usa since the cold war witch was just a giant battle of showing off each others penises, eg tactical nukes.

I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time, and now its settled.

Ill see it tonight

Well, I was either going to see this or "The Invention of Lying" tomorrow. You've just made my choice for me; Zombieland, here I come! Thank you, MovieBob!

Well I'm glad that you like the movie. I had pretty high hopes that this wouldn't be a cheesy Shaun Of The Dead/Comedic Zombie knockoff. And apparently, even if it is that, it's still a pretty good film.

I'll be seeing it soon

I will purchase tickets from my nearest cinematorium post haste!

slipknot4:
What is wrong with the soviets? They helped out the allies in world war 2 and have done nothing to usa since the cold war witch was just a giant battle of showing off each others penises, eg tactical nukes.

What's wrong with the Soviets is that it took an ideal that seemed utopic on paper (Communism) and twisted it so that the ones in power dominated the poor and and claimed it was for the good of the people. Plus all the torture, murder, brainwashing, and exploitation of their own citizens. Why do you think so many people tried to flee East Berlin? Because living under the soviet regime sucked! They were almost as bad as the Nazis, ALMOST as bad.

Huh.
I think somewhere inside of me, I was just hoping it was a bad movie.
If Bob's right, I can't trust my instincts any more.

slipknot4:

And back in the 1960's the soviets were indeed a legitimate threat to the USA. And to say the Cold War was a nothing but a dick-waving contest is a gross understatement. You know how in the early 2000's after 9/11 people were terrified that the Middle East was going to send nukes our way? Well imagine that went on for 20 years and replace the Middle East with Russia. That's what the real Cold War was.

I went to an advance screening two days ago. It was an absolutely fantastic movie - highly recommended to anyone even remotely interested. Heck, go see it anyways even if you're not.

Perfect for Halloween. Thanks Bob! I am so gonna see this.

Aaaand another movie I'd lóve to see that I wón't see because no one around here wants to see it. Nerds, WHERE ARE YOU ALL!!! *echo* And it's probably going to be the same damned thing with District 9 (releases in Holland next week) and The Avatar (December).

I wanted to see this movie the minute I saw the trailer on youtube. So sure it enforces my desire that moviebob said it is awesome BUT... Moviebob praised that god aweful piece of crap Drag Me To Hell...

littlerudi08107:

slipknot4:

And back in the 1960's the soviets were indeed a legitimate threat to the USA. And to say the Cold War was a nothing but a dick-waving contest is a gross understatement. You know how in the early 2000's after 9/11 people were terrified that the Middle East was going to send nukes our way? Well imagine that went on for 20 years and replace the Middle East with Russia. That's what the real Cold War was.

I could not care less about America getting Nuked to pieces.

slipknot4:

littlerudi08107:

slipknot4:

I could not care less about America getting Nuked to pieces.

Cool story bro!

If a man wants to feed me shit, I don't care if he delivers it on a silver platter carried on the back of a unicorn named Victor, I'm still not eating it. In other words, I think I'll give this a miss.

1337mokro:
lol so far Zombieland sounds like the live action version of L4D, it's even got 4 people on a poster looking angry just like at the start of a campaign.

You saw the watchtower that they pushed zombies off that's almost the spit of the one in the trainyard on L4D? :)

Just got back from District 9 (Fab! Thank you Bob) and wanted to check out the reviews. Good to hear it's as good as it looks.

Interestingly enough, there's a Australian film that takes this same premise (Humans kicking Zombies in because they're slow and dumb) for the first half, but in the second it goes all serious and you just want to walk out there and then.

Zombies: If you want them comical, set up the comedy. If you want them dramatic, set up the drama. Don't chop and change all the time unless you're Simon Pegg. (Even Romero (WANW) didn't do comedy that well)

Rigs83:

But is it better than Shaun of the Dead?

Not gonna happen.

Bob... I gotta say... this has to be the best video quality edition of all the movie reviews you have done this far. Finally, no lapse to fuzzy compression bullshit everytime it changes images. You finally got it down, way to go.

This might interest me to go watch Zombieland. After all, I like Dawn of the Dead (2004), 28 days later and even Shaun of the Dead (the best zombie comedy).

very good. very good story

Wait...you mean...Zombieland...was good?

I cannot believe this. I guess the delivery must be amazing. I guess I'll check it out.

I disagree with your idea for why people like zombies. I think it's that there's a strange desire for simplicity that humans have that makes them want to do nothing but try to survive (basically the same reason people like desert islands). The big difference is that in a zombie apocalypse there are also hordes of weak enemies to kill at your leisure. Also, there's another weird emotion that people (I at least have it) have when they're in a safe position killing waves of enemies. The feeling of safety with a slight challenge is added to the general feeling of a zombie apocalypse.
OT: I'll ask my friends if it was good before I see it, but you've convinced me to look into it more.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here