LoadingReadyRun: Conan's Witnesses

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Satan's already my lord and master, screw that other guy!!

I thought the episode was very well written, and had a great performance from Jer especially, but i literally rofl'd when the "stan" guys came up in the stinger. That is one of my favorite old LRR videos, great work!

MowDownJoe:
Agreed. I just quoted your post to say that you're misattributing that quote. I did NOT say that.

That's so odd. I clicked the "Quote" button, and it put the wrong person in. Sorry!

To restate then:

jaythedogg:
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

Otherwise, you guys aren't too bad, this was just in bad taste. Kthxbai.

I don't see how this was in bad taste.
Nothing we did in the video was at all making jokes about (or even referencing) Jehovah's Witnesses.

The video's title was merely to illustrate that the characters in the video are door-to-door evangelists for their given religion, something the JWs are known for. It certainly didn't disparage what the JWs do.

The entire video is saying that a religion based on a fictional god like Crom would be ridiculous. It says nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.

End bit was nice, it also reminded me of a sketch I once saw where Jehovah's witnesses came to Satan's door. massive hilariousness ensued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw&feature=player_embedded

Thrown up on io9 today. I swear, it's like a geek convergence today.

Very funny video, and I love the throw back to the old "Book of Stan" video ^__^ I have to say though, Kathleen, your makeup kept drawing my eye and I think that eyeshadow job looks great on you.

jaythedogg:
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably shouldn't have even watched that video & although it was mildly amusing, I found it offensive at best.

Hey, you were free to choose a less annoying religion. :)

I loved the reference at the end to the old video involving the door to door Satanists, a very well done video Gents.

Totally saw the satanists coming at the end.

haha this was epic as loved it!, nice work with a door to door sequel, its was awesome at the end haha book of stan LOL!

TheEnglishman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LctZf3uiWOY

Link to Door to Door, the spiritual prequel and stinger at the end.

Well, I like Satan, but I also like Crom, only one way to find out........... FIGHT!!!

I lol'd at the Harry Hill reference.

Can't help but wonder how many people got it though.

I don't like those religious types who come doorknocking, they seem kinda desperate to me.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Loving Kathleen's creepy eye stare.

Definitely, evil Kathleen's got my attention.

Hahaha, great ep guys! Crom would be very pleased.

Furburt:
How ironic, I just watched Conan The Barbarian this morning.

Coincidental, not ironic. Sorry I hate when people misuse that word.

AvsJoe:
Hahaha, great ep guys! Crom would be very pleased.

Furburt:
How ironic, I just watched Conan The Barbarian this morning.

Coincidental, not ironic. Sorry I hate when people misuse that word.

Bollocks!

Damn my grasp of the English language. Thanks for informing me.

ChaosDemon:

TheEnglishman:

Well, I like Satan, but I also like Crom, only one way to find out........... FIGHT!!!

Well at least 1 person did, and to be honest that was 1 more than I was expecting.

Love the ending here... And the rest of it actually.

epiiiiiccc

i myself preffer to worship the great and powerful Jimmy. he plays the vidio games.

Lol! loved the punch line. and I think Graham is perhaps the ONE person who could sell that to me.

Found it, brilliant.

Kathleen is a great actor. The eyes, the steady stare of fanaticism. Great work.

So.....what did this have to do with the preview pic?

Either way great episode, I loved the Door to Door reference

GrahamS:

MowDownJoe:
Agreed. I just quoted your post to say that you're misattributing that quote. I did NOT say that.

That's so odd. I clicked the "Quote" button, and it put the wrong person in. Sorry!

To restate then:

jaythedogg:

I don't see how this was in bad taste.
Nothing we did in the video was at all making jokes about (or even referencing) Jehovah's Witnesses.

The video's title was merely to illustrate that the characters in the video are door-to-door evangelists for their given religion, something the JWs are known for. It certainly didn't disparage what the JWs do.

The entire video is saying that a religion based on a fictional god like Crom would be ridiculous. It says nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Implying the ridiculousness of one evangelist, calls them all into question.

This is good, this is doubt.

TheEnglishman:

ChaosDemon:

TheEnglishman:

Well at least 1 person did, and to be honest that was 1 more than I was expecting.

I think it helps that I am English, Mr TheEnglishman.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Loving Kathleen's creepy eye stare.

I also loved that. Sort of an insane look. :) ... ... All heil the mighty Krom! "Let me get my mace" and we are in business!

Was that a joke about the extreme glare from Sony Readers?

Hilarious. All that's missing are the irate Howardists coming around, denouncing the witnesses as blasphemers of the most profane heresy, infuriated at the mixing of the true, original texts of the great prophet Howard with the heretical teachings of the Miliusians.

With Crom you can at least make him out to be the ultimate bad ass... one problem with a lot of saviors in history.

Great video. Simply, short, and excellent timing and with the satanists back, it makes an even better video. Great job guys, keep up the good work.

Edit: Also, as mentioned above, Kathleen takes the evil murderer look to a whole new level. Incredibly scaring but incredibly hot, also would not mind joining the first church of Satan.

jaythedogg:

Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only religion to do the door ot door thing, they just happen to be the best known for it. So it wasn't directed as a jab.

Should I be concerned that when I heard "what is best in life," my first response really was "to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women"?

By the way, trying to convert people to satanism is an excellent way of getting rid of Jehovah's Witnesses. I keep a copy of Anton Szandor LaVey's 'The Satanic Bible' near the front door for this very reason. I've only done it once so far, and it was totally awesome. I live for the day that I get to do it again.

Loved the episode and the return of Satan's Missionaries, haha. I laughed out loud :).

crotalidian:
when he said mace I was expecting the pepper spray!

Me too. I guess that would have been too obvious, though. (But funnier. Still, probably best not to piss off people waving swords around.)

Ho-lee-crap that was great!

Katherine's crazy eyes were awesome!!
But one wonders...where were they hiding those weapons the whole time?

Either way..sign me up!!!!!!

Liked how the costumer was odd as Crom's followers.

Cutlesnap:

Crunchy English:

To the Escapist community (well, some of you anyway) - If psychosis is something that attracts you to women? I think I know why your last relationship failed. Try women who don't lick their lips at the thought of bloodthirsty murder and you might be able to make it work.

Psychosis may not make for good relationships, but it makes for excellent sex! Bloodthirsty Kathleen is even hotter than newsready Kathleen.

Agreed. ^^ I'm in for trouble if I think a woman holding a sword and declaring bloody murder on someone is insanely hot (in every sense of the word) aren't I?
Damn!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or