Daily Drop: Glass Paperweight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Somewhat entertaining, but did you guys seriously put a 31 second ad in front of a 90 second video? No way that's worth my time.. and I can't see how anyone can stand for it.

More of these, please. It's a pleasure to see things breaking in actual, non-choppy slow motion.

itaigreif:
Honestly... guys; I know your direction is "let's just feel the site up with press released and video clips", but every day breaking something else? And THAT'S IT?
Please - give some actual CONTENT. Remember content?

Why would I have to remember it? I can just look at the front page.

There's still content here, but this is just something silly and fun. Remember fun?

Wow, 14 hours a day for 5 days, I hope the last object falling in slow motion wasn't Paul :)

Looking forward to more of these.

I can see the appeal, but needs to be slower. Especially with things like glass.

I'm going to keep an eye on this series, but I'm not gonna build my hopes up.

Yeah, damn, I don't enjoy everything on the site, but the stuff I do enjoy more than makes it worth my while visiting, you could have an hour of bloody Halo videos each week and I wouldn't care, so long as nothing gets pushed off site to make room :)

This is EXTRA stuff people, it's doing no harm even if you don't enjoy mindless vandalism for its own sake.

Which I do :D

Not saying there can't be criticism, and there's gonna be more of that, but it's not like they've robbed you of anything, anyone viewing the video had a pretty good idea of what was coming up, so you can't even demand that minute of your life back :D

Artorius:
Time Warp meets the Escapists looking forward to the premise :)
and poor everyday objects xD.
though i wonder how Graham and the others got their hands on a High Speed camera..
far as i know those things WORTH a fortune.

They stole it.
<.<
>.>
IM WATCHING YOU!

paul is the perfect person to do this. I think before he drops he should say "stand back! I'm going to try science!"

I know you guys have probably already lost the sense of mystique with the first vid, but I got the feeling it would have been more exciting had you not shown the good doctor there actually standing on the ladder. I mean, you get this real sense of suspense descending in the elevator, so you expect the height on display to be significant.

Maybe in future you could show the object dropping from somewhere high, and then cut to dropping from the actual height (implying that the object has been dropped from far higher than it was.) Just a thought, otherwise, fun stuff :3

Well this is... interesting...

I did like the music for this and can't wait to see what else you guys dropped.

-M

CaptainCrunch:

AdmiralMemo:

slightly evil:
It's pointless and I love it.
but for a video a minute long can I complain about the
Caps Warning:

FUCKING ADVERTS

What adverts are you talking about?

The ones you see when you don't have Pub Club.

It may be petty, but I will not watch a film that puts fifteen seconds between me and Zero Punctuation

Yeah when I heard that a ladder was involved in the dropping of said items, I was hoping said items were going to be dropped from the top of a small building or something, becease there are just too many things that don't break if they are dropped from just a few feet. Still, I see this show doing great things in the future.

I didn't think it took so many people to produce a show about dropping stuff on the floor in slow mo :P

That made me much happier than it should have.

Love the music, and love the concept! Cant wait for more!

The music! I must have it!

That's gorgeous!

Such a fixating show.

SCIENCE!

I'm not normally one to say this, but doing things like this is just... extremely wasteful. Although it's entertaining to watch things break apart in slow motion, there's a part of me that just can't help thinking "how can you mindlessly break something somebody could probably find a use for?"

Now that's what I call science.

MattAn24:

EDIT: So far, there are -two- Escapists I've seen in this comments thread alone that "don't see the point in this". IT'S SCIENCE AND IT'S AWESOME. Does it have to "have a point"?

So is paint drying but you wouldn't want that, would you?

I think it'd have been better if it was part of some kind of mini experiment, but as a video series it's nothing new, there are better versions out there on YouTube of super-slow-motion physics going on.

Artorius:
though i wonder how Graham and the others got their hands on a High Speed camera..

According to the LRR blog, it cost about as much as a new car.

The things they do for us.

aeric90:
Short, sweet, science. I love it :)

Science? How is this science?

Gammaj4:

Artorius:

That was for buying a new one i assume, they rented one for this show.

Ahaha. I love this. The spiritual successor to Will It Blend. :D

WeedyPirate:

Gammaj4:

Artorius:

That was for buying a new one i assume, they rented one for this show.

Still pretty expensive, though.

I know Kathleen was probably behind the super obscure music choice, but the good news is most all of Younnat's music is free from their website, including the song in the video! http://www.younnat.com/en/music/

Also, great mindless fun, guys! I can't believe some people are disappointed at getting free content! They remind me of Valve fans...

I personally think that new addition is about as pointless as Discovery's Time Warp... Possibly more so.

And it puzzles me, that LRR is behind this, as I feel that their materiel normally have a point, be it satire, slapstick, and what have you.

This just seems like filler.

GeneticallyModifiedDucks:
You know, at first I thought this was stupid... and I still do.

Have to say it did look kind of cool with this thing, but really I don't see the point to this.

/agree

destruction just for the sake of destruction alone - fine, but i want bigger booms. Adam/Jamie has pretty much filled that slot for me. Actually, id almost find slow-motion-captured hits/shots/attacks in games to be more interresting concept. a bullet-time for, well.. more or less every game there we play. Tech-wise, it might be a bit hard to get it to work, but wont you just have to point the camera at the screen, instead of a <object> falling? i guess its atleast not impossible.
oh well, im not going to derive others their fun, just wanted to throw in some boring critique in the mix.

Toodels!

ranger19:
Somewhat entertaining, but did you guys seriously put a 31 second ad in front of a 90 second video? No way that's worth my time.. and I can't see how anyone can stand for it.

What ad? Oh thats right, I have ad-block on... silly me, I don't see any ads because of it =p

This is really cool. I want to request a computer monitor... you know, the old gigantic type.

To those who don't get it; I'm sorry. Your life must suck.

Sure it will break, but will it blend???

ranger19:

I usually tab over to Cracked or Facebook or something until the ad is over.

So THIS is why we haven't gotten the "Let's Play" Unskippable yet! Well... okay, it was cool enough to be worth it. Though I'm not so sure how neat the dead fish will be. Thanks, LRR-ites!

Sweet, you guys got a high speed camera.

You guys should do a crossover between this and Things on my head. Pure awesome would occur.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here