Zero Punctuation: iPhone Games

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 16 NEXT

I was just thinking about how Doodle God is a pretty ridiculous game. Logically, it makes no sense why people like it, but having played it myself, it seems to feed off one's natural curiosity.

is it bad that ive played most of those games and found them to be kinda dull. although i missed fruit ninja, i should get on that, it looks like fun

It is a bit hard to breathe on Mars, but luckily the Android Marketplace has an app for that.

So AC:Brotherhood next week, eh? Looking forward to it--his AC2 review was awesome.

Actual innovation is the same reason I prefer playing Flash games. There's a lot of variety there, because the people making the games are gamers who just want to have available the games that they want to play. There's also a lot of derivative bullshit in Flash games, but there are so many out there that you're bound to find an original one if you look around for even a little bit. Case in point, Angry Birds is a copy of Crush The Castle, and Doodle God was done in Flash long before it was done for the iPhone.

EDIT: lol, ^ almost the same comment at the same time

Pretty much everything he said about iPhone games could also be applied to flash games.
Angry Birds sounds like a copy of Crush the Castle (google it).

Well I must breath on Mars as I don't own one. The only phone I own is a 5 Nokia, couldn't tell you the model as I don't have a clue when it comes to phones. All I know is that I press a button and people can talk to me, then I press another button and I can read what I assume is a hybrid form of English that takes most of the vowels out of words.

Not really up there when it comes to phones. I'm still amazed when I see a phone that can take pictures. All mine has is a torch on the end.

The majority of iPhone games tend to be flash games that have been made for free on the PC, only watered and dumbed down to shit and then fucking being charged for.

That said, there are some good ones.

Angry Birds rocks. As does Cut the Rope. Doodle Jump too, makes the iPhone a fun little 'console'.

Meh, I kinda dismiss the iPhone as a game platform, maybe I shouldn't but I tend to need to be entertained by a game for more than an hour.
Granted, for a small price, I'm not expecting much.

Oh, and Civilization Revolution is on the iPhone, so now my addiction can be taken with me.
That's a plus.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Badim/doodle-god
You can play Doodle God on kon though

Very proud to say I don't own a Iphone, find it extremely useless for the amount of money I have to pay for it...

SpaceChick:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Badim/doodle-god
You can play Doodle God on kon though

I just wanted to link it and you beat me to it. You can find most of the iPhone games (or similar in gameplay) on Kongregate.

Yeah, great review. I had been expecting Fable 3 but I like that you went with something different, non-traditional and often unexamined, particularly as it's a good outlet for small developers.
Also I like what you did with the ending credits.

Now I want an iPhone.

Scuba gear... which I bought with the money I didn't use on an iphone.

True Nero:
i have a droid. most of the games are the same and it's nice to see them other on JUST the iPhone.

and is just me or am i the only one who see's the ZP imp every time i look at the picture of the Droid mascot?

No, I noticed quite a while ago that the ZP imp and the Android Mascot look so close to each other you'd think they were just good and evil twin versions of the other.

I also have an Android phone, and it is good that more developers now are recognizing the Android platform as legitimate for gaming. I think the fact that Angry Birds had about 8 million downloads will act as a Sirens call to other developers and that many will release for both iOS and Android. Hopefully Android will get Cut the Rope soon, but I am very satisfied with Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja is okay (albeit extremely repetitive..)

Doodlegod is popular because of fucking newgrounds.
They have plenty of fans there

I use my droid to breathe on mars.

damn, I was really hoping to see him play robot unicorn assault, cmon yahtzee, you know you want it

Yahtzee Croshaw:
iPhone Games

This week, Zero Punctuations reviews some of the popular iPhone games at this time.

Watch Video

That was kinda shit Yahtzee, just talk about rape.....ffs

I'm too miserly to spend more than $20 on any phone, so IPhone can burn in hell along with all its cheap, gimicky shit.

And yes, Mars is a tough place to live, but not so impossible. "Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids. In fact it's cold as hell, and there's no one there to raise them, if you dig."

I have my sights set on moving to Jupiter in the near future.

I don't have an iPhone and I don't bloody want one. Partly because I hate the idea of giving Apple money for a polished turd, but mostly becuase I have a habit of sending my phones on a trip through the washing machine. Therefore, all my phones have been cheap crap.

My Android phone came with a very large oxygen tank and excellent Wireless.

Great episode, the best one in a good while! I like any non-conventional episode, do more of those plz!
I'd love to hear your views on Robot Unicorn Attack, Yahtzee!
Oh, and I don't breathe. Breathing is for n00bz.

It's quite easy to breathe on Mars. But smoking chocolate is not really recommended.

I'm on Mars? Sweet!

Some of those games look appealing, but I don't have an iPhone, there's almost no service in the area, and I'm not dumb enough to buy something expensive and shiny because everyone else has one.

I am one of the rare, 20-something year old well to do young people who has never before owned a mobile phone of any kind :)
I know, people don't get how I survive... I don't get how their brains work.

*reads title*

*no Robot Unicorn Attack in review*

thats a shame

Whats funny is I don't have an I-phone...

Of course, I, like a turtle, carry a rock with me to hide under, and have done so for almost 2 decades.

Anyway, its pretty cool that such interesting games are coming out on it.

Angry birds is availableon android. I suspect most of the other good games are sure to follow eventually.

I was born on Mars and thus I can breathe there!

team star pug:
Great review, but it raises the question:
Will we see a zero punctuation christman special. Like blackadders but more synicle.

Dear Sir,

You win grammar and spelling forever.

Good Day.

My main problem with I-phone games is it seems that they are the same as flash games you have to pay a dollar for.

I can breathe on Mars just fine by not having my head up Apple's keister, thank you very much.
I prefer phones like they once were, big as a brick and registrable as a blunt weapon. Now those phones had games, submerge them in water for a few seconds and each time, until they dried, you got a new puzzling challenge.

Jikuu:
I appreciated the last line. Yes, I don't have an iPhone. The lack of weather's lovely on the red planet. Movie was fun. Thanks.

I own a android so I made my own way to breathe air with no restrictions from apple. But angry birds is fun on the android.

yourbeliefs:

True Nero:
i have a droid. most of the games are the same and it's nice to see them other on JUST the iPhone.

and is just me or am i the only one who see's the ZP imp every time i look at the picture of the Droid mascot?

No, I noticed quite a while ago that the ZP imp and the Android Mascot look so close to each other you'd think they were just good and evil twin versions of the other.

I also have an Android phone, and it is good that more developers now are recognizing the Android platform as legitimate for gaming. I think the fact that Angry Birds had about 8 million downloads will act as a Sirens call to other developers and that many will release for both iOS and Android. Hopefully Android will get Cut the Rope soon, but I am very satisfied with Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja is okay (albeit extremely repetitive..)

yeah. all thats there now is a wallpaper of cut the rope (which in my opinion does not describe enough in the title or even the description. thank god for the refund policy.)

actually, thats another thing i love about the droid. if you don't like the program or it doesn't work, you can get a refund within 24 hours. i did not expect to get that...

..but then again.. the droid does everything..

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 16 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here