Preview: Bulletstorm

Pages PREV 1 2

StriderShinryu:

Russ Pitts:
".. grabs you roughly from behind and whispers "wait - you'll see," then leaves you to wonder what comes next, an epiphany or an ass-raping."

This should so be on the back of the box. In fact, I'm pretty sure Cliffy B would agree.

I concur

also, his recent Tweet would be a great idea for Bulletstorm 2:
"I've got an idea. Player 2 operates the windshield wiper for P1 to keep the blood off of his screen."

saintchristopher:

-Samurai-:
I'm so glad I pre-ordered this game. I could use a mindless blood and guts shooter.

I know what you mean. I'm really tired of all these of high-brow, tastefully suggestive art-house shooters that have flooded the market recently. It's as if The New Yorker has been the only one allowed to greenlight games lately.

/sarcasm

I know, right? All these realistic shooters are so different and totally not bland, that I have no problem telling them apart and could just enjoy them forever. If there's one thing I love, it's a game that takes itself super seriously.

What the hell was I thinking, looking for a fun game?

Hell, I'll usually drop a game if it doesn't grab me in the first 5 minutes.

Wow.

Russ Pitts:

Loud, dumb, obnoxious, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Read Full Article

The skillshot for kicking an enemy into a crowd while strapped with explosives and detonating him is not "Homing Missile" as you have listed, it's "Homie Missile." A pun.

i remembered mad world, as i read the review. specially this "pull guy, then hit him against (?) spiked walls to get points.

yah. maybe they liked the game. hopefuly bulletstorm is more diversified. Mad world soon bored me.

Moeez:

GrizzlerBorno:

Moeez:

No, I think it's because it's changing the gameplay paradigm of shooters being: aim, shoot, grenade. The game is asking you for creativity, so it's a lot deeper than most shooters which are simple enough to be played by everyone (and therefore their huge sales in mainstream). If you do that in Bulletstorm, the game is boring and makes fun of you for it. So I can see why it took him an hour to get his bearings on how to properly play this shooter, compared to others.

While all that may be true it doesn't seem to be the problem Russ is voicing. It seems like he meant that the game literally takes 45 minutes to "get good" and you should stick through that intial stage of doubt inflicting drudgery, if you wanna see the good bit.

I dunno Maybe i read it wrong or whatever, but then again....why would it take Russ 45 minutes to get the hang of the game though? He's a gamer and this is still an FPS we're talking about, not a fucking Rocketship!

After the first 45 minutes or so of build-up gameplay, Gray discovers a device called a "leash"

There you go.

Everyone who played the demo had the leash from the start, and it's pretty much the best initiator of combos and experimentation.

OK that clears it up i guess.

I guess they make you wait for pacing reasons, but.... i can't help but wonder if that wasn't a mistake on EA's part considering no one really cares about the pacing of this game, like they would for say HalfLife2 (which made the 2 hour delay before getting the Gravity gun acceptable). I personally think they should've done: "Here's gun, Shoot; [5 mins later] Here's Leash, Go crazy."

But that's just my opinion.

Russ Pitts:

Loud, dumb, obnoxious, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Read Full Article

Found a spelling error, "Bulletsorm's single-player campaign..." Should be "Bulletstorm"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here