Miracle of Sound: Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

BOBdotEXE:
awesome song;
however, the singing turrets could have been synced to the song better.

I tried. They were impossible to work with, the divas.

...But the space from here to the Moon isn't infinite at all, in fact it is quite limited, so he clearly is a moron. tee hee indeed

Onyx Oblivion:
If he was still alive...

This would have been Bin Laden's favorite MoS song, for sure.

Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.

Dude, that accent was perfect. I'm English, I know that for a fact ;)

Anyway, epic song! Loved the beginning, made me laugh out loud. A lot XD

AssassinJoe:
I'm gonna miss Wheatley.

Portal 3 will be in SPACE!

This is incredible!!!
I wish there was a download link for this song.

Is there a download link for this song?

Diablo2000:

MiracleOfSound:

Diablo2000:
After that music I am pretty sure that Miracle is actually a evil AI, that controls us through that so called "Fallout Song"...

Good song though.

Why don't you have a look through this door here.... the one labelled 'Emergency MiracleOfSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary'... go on.... open it.... (rubs robotic hands together)

Oh... That? I think there's a trap in there... But if the Fallout Song in really in there then it is worth it...

Wait... What's that? What are you doing?... Is that a brainwashing machine? No, No!

There's no trap in the "Emergency MiracleofSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary", no Brainwashing machine and Miracle is not a evil AI... In fact there is the Fallout Song in there... and Cake!

And your old friend, deadly earworm neuro-music toxin!

OroCrimson:
This is incredible!!!
I wish there was a download link for this song.

Is there a download link for this song?

There will be in 2 weeks :)

Great song!
Takes a solid second place after the sublime Commander Shepard.
Talking about limes - is anyone else expecting the Aperture Science Incendiary Encouragement Lemon to appear in Episode 3?

Edit: I also like that the video plays in a loop.

Loved it!

FeralCentaur:
...But the space from here to the Moon isn't infinite at all, in fact it is quite limited, so he clearly is a moron. tee hee indeed

Finally, someone gets the entire point of the song! lol.

Well, this was an awesome song. I started to get a bit uninterested with this, but this song has brought me back to listening. Glad I beat the game so I could enjoy this.

I really liked the song. just one thing bout the video though, it showed a decent amount of the end game scenes. which isnt a huge deal but there was no need to show the scenes... haha idk a small spoilers warning would be good me thinks

So far this is my favorite song from you. And a download link coming soon? SWEET!

The spoiler warning in the beginning was hilarious.

Admittedly, I was a little disappointed at first. I was hoping for something more akin to GLaDOS's songs, albeit from Wheatley's perspective. Somesuch about how sorry he is or similar. Once I managed to put my hastily conceived expectations aside and let the catchiness sink in, I found it to be an immensely enjoyable tune. Congratulations on another job done amazingly well.

I think my roomates are plotting to steal my power cable so I can't play this song anymore. Good job miracle :)

Damn you Miracle! I forced myself to complete Portal 2 tonight, just so I could watch your song!

Wait a minute. Sorry, that should be THANK you, for giving me incentive to finish it off tonight!

This is definitely my favourite song of yours so far! The lyrics are awesome and the accent makes it so much better!

Keep up the good work!

Still a big fan of your work... But...

Well don't take it the wrong way but you cannot hit that accent there, and it's understandable since it's one of the more difficult ones to pull off properly.

This is why you are my favorite person(People?) on the escapist.
I love you as much as I love space.

Great song, the accent surprised me though. i read the lyrics in a GLaDOS voice for some reason.
the last 30 seconds were really good, the background singer (or pre-recording) came off really well.
So are you going to do one in every music genre?
This-Techno
Bulletstorm-country/rock
Dead Space-Funk
Call of Duty/Dragon's Age-Rock
Minecraft-country/rock, slightly gospel feel (it adds, not detracts)
Mass Effect-Disco
Not complaining, and you do really well in all the genres, just can't think of another artist who transfered through genres so well.
The piano/keyboard heavy soundtrack was a nice detour from the guitar, btw
And to the video makers: Loved the turret light show at the beginning
so help me good MoS, if you bring up the woo again
Beat Operation Anchorage today btw
silly dumb little personality core...thinking a distance has infinite space...

MiracleOfSound:

Diablo2000:

MiracleOfSound:

Why don't you have a look through this door here.... the one labelled 'Emergency MiracleOfSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary'... go on.... open it.... (rubs robotic hands together)

Oh... That? I think there's a trap in there... But if the Fallout Song in really in there then it is worth it...

Wait... What's that? What are you doing?... Is that a brainwashing machine? No, No!

There's no trap in the "Emergency MiracleofSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary", no Brainwashing machine and Miracle is not a evil AI... In fact there is the Fallout Song in there... and Cake!

And your old friend, deadly earworm neuro-music toxin!

OOOOOOOHHHHHH
Fallout song...
Must...go...to...fallout...song
*hears an autotuned hello
Oh crap...
oh and the Machevilli reference...he'd have no problem removing human morals from the political equation. Except, you know, the fact he could be shot to the moon, I doubt he would keep power for very long

Inglip:
According to your profile your last name is Matthew, not Wheatley.

Explain.

..Did you actually go look at my profile? *shocked*. My middle name is Matthew, I mainly did that because I really don't like people knowing my last name, but I am really blown away and excited that this song including the person I quoted involved 'Wheatley' with it because that is my last name.

My full name is Ryan Matthew Wheatley, I promise!! :)

TJM8:
I really liked the song. just one thing bout the video though, it showed a decent amount of the end game scenes. which isnt a huge deal but there was no need to show the scenes... haha idk a small spoilers warning would be good me thinks

Did you skip the first 40 seconds of the video? Because we included the longest spoiler warning of all time!

Stickem:
Admittedly, I was a little disappointed at first. I was hoping for something more akin to GLaDOS's songs, albeit from Wheatley's perspective. Somesuch about how sorry he is or similar. Once I managed to put my hastily conceived expectations aside and let the catchiness sink in, I found it to be an immensely enjoyable tune. Congratulations on another job done amazingly well.

Thanks. I didn't want to try and emulate the Jonathan Coulton songs. They're great and unique and it's his own style.

zeda12123:
This is why you are my favorite person(People?) on the escapist.
I love you as much as I love space.

<3

CommanderKirov:
Still a big fan of your work... But...

Well don't take it the wrong way but you cannot hit that accent there, and it's understandable since it's one of the more difficult ones to pull off properly.

I've had half of people telling me it's fine and the other half saying it's not so I guess I'll just say it's 'middling'.

It took me until the 4th spoiler warning to actually quit the video.

This is wonderfully catchy, and it fits Wheatley wonderfully. I absolutely love it - especially the foreshadowing you slipped into the lyrics, heh...and the accent just works perfectly, in my opinion.

Loved it, is Miracle of Sound going to be released on iTunes at some point? Because I want to download all of his stuff.

SilverHammerMan:
Loved it, is Miracle of Sound going to be released on iTunes at some point? Because I want to download all of his stuff.

It's already there and also on Bandcamp. This song won't be up for another 2 weeks though!

MetroidNut:
This is wonderfully catchy, and it fits Wheatley wonderfully. I absolutely love it - especially the foreshadowing you slipped into the lyrics, heh...and the accent just works perfectly, in my opinion.

Thank you. And it's amusing me to see how much the accent is dividing people :D

F-I-D-O:

You know there's gonna be more 'woos'... you know it! There isn't one in the Fallout song though. I mean, shit, not that I've actually done the Fallout one... or anything... :P

MiracleOfSound:

F-I-D-O:

You know there's gonna be more 'woos'... you know it! There isn't one in the Fallout song though. I mean, shit, not that I've actually done the Fallout one... or anything... :P

God damn it, I wasn't complaining about the woo, I just found it funny...
*looks for a way to change subject..
So, those Chinese have a REALLY low perception don't they? I was right to the side of one, and still got a stealth crit with a knife

What's that sound effect that happens at 2:50 and again at 2:55? It's really, REALLY familiar.

MiracleOfSound:

SilverHammerMan:

It's already there and also on Bandcamp. This song won't be up for another 2 weeks though!

This news pleases me.

You may have my money, good sir.

MiracleOfSound:

Xman490:
If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.

The joke is that the space from here to the moon is in fact, not infinite... in otherwords, Wheatley is mistaken about his own IQ.

What I took from the line was that like space Wheatley's IQ is mostly empty :D

This was quite a good song... I'd love to get a version of this that doesn't have the big chunk of empty space at the beginning. Is this available for download (maybe for Pub Club members)?

shouldve used the proper ending and that massive band of turrets, but i enjoyed that

Wow you're amazing!
I hope you don't mind me asking, but it hasn't been two weeks since the last song how come?

(Can't wait to get this one and Fire In Your Hole into my Ipod :D )
JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY MAN.

The song's pretty happy happy :D Again, good job!

Man, if only you could get Valve to add this to their soundtrack, it would fit the game surprisingly well.

Love this song! Definitely gonna go check out your other material.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here