LoadingReadyRun: The Whole Story: The Pop Can

Pages PREV 1 2

I love these, and the blooper at the end was hilarious!

Awesome. But theres one bug. One that gets me every time I read or hear it...

ALUMINIUM! Not aluminum. AluminIum!

EDIT:

Oh wait. Watched rest of video, acknowledges English pronunciation and spelling. Evidence of proper research shows that Paul is indeed, best scientist and historian.

So I guess Victoria, BC is a "pop" area? I grew up with "pop," then moved to a place where it was "soda," and now I'm living in a rural area near the Southern US where it's either "coke" (an abomination of nomenclature, in my eyes) or "cola," which isn't so bad. I've given up glaring at my wife every time she calls her Dr. Pepper "coke." *sigh*
Also:
I am now frightened of "liver diddling."
And:
The distant first-name-relation running gag made me laugh heartily.

PS: www.popvssoda.com is really interesting!

PPS: Is "Johnny Blakeborough" a real person? If so, tell him he has an awesome name!

Idlemessiah:
Awesome. But theres one bug. One that gets me every time I read or hear it...

ALUMINIUM! Not aluminum. AluminIum!

EDIT:

Oh wait. Watched rest of video, acknowledges English pronunciation and spelling. Evidence of proper research shows that Paul is indeed, best scientist and historian.

Either one works, at least if we're going by Dictionary.com. There's the European English spelling and there's the Colonial English spelling. I made up those distinctions but I think they're accurate enough to convey the point. Although I'm curious as to why Canada has held onto "colour" over "color" yet they use "aluminum" over "aluminium".

Considering that language as a whole is an agreement between groups of people that certain words mean the same thing, we ought to be flexible in realizing that different English cultures can lead to slight variations and that no one variation is more "true" than any of the others. Especially given that language is an ever-evolving thing. We don't use nearly the same English that Shakespeare used, for example.

That said; loved the video. The Whole Story is always awesome with the way it can bend the truth to the breaking point while covering it with tasty, tasty lies.

Chasmodius:
So I guess Victoria, BC is a "pop" area? I grew up with "pop," then moved to a place where it was "soda," and now I'm living in a rural area near the Southern US where it's either "coke" (an abomination of nomenclature, in my eyes) or "cola," which isn't so bad. I've given up glaring at my wife every time she calls her Dr. Pepper "coke." *sigh*

She is incredibly lucky to have met such a tolerant person as you. :D

T-virus? Does it comes only in cans or in plastic/glass bottles too?

I knew Spam was good for you ever since I watched that last one Whole Story!

They laughed at me... but now I'll show them! With this video, I shall convince all of the businesses near me to switch all of their food to Spam!

This is easily my favorite video from you ever.

Straight-faced delivery of completely outrageous sentences with nothing to give it away but it's own craziness is by far my favorite form of humor. (Which probably explains why I like 30 Rock so much).

lol, who ever wrote this needs to be in charge of the script more often

I just love those. Though I've got no idea how Paul can get through even a single paragraph with a straight face.

paul is the perfect choice for this job.

Can't stop staring at Paul's asymmetrical suit.

Aluminum cans? pffft, I prefer my drinks out of a crystal skull. Served to me by a friendly mole-man bartender

10 internet points to those who got that

This hurt to listen to. No, seriously. Normally, I love LRR, but this was just... awful.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here