Miracle of Sound: Breaking Down The Borders (Borderlands 2)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Porecomesis:
Two songs in one month (Wigglesticks doesn't count because it's one of your low-effort songs)? I thought something was off with Blood of the Creed.

Have to say, I'm really liking this song. In my opinion, Blood of the Creed had an inconsistent beat and didn't really fit the tone of Assassin's Creed. This is completely different. I love it very much.

Was he even trying to fit the tone of the game? Blood of the Creed didn't really do as much for me as most of his other songs(not into the genre), but "not fitting the game" doesn't seem like a valid criticism on its own. He doesn't have to recreate the feeling of the game. The game does that fine on its own XD.

I agree with you about this song though, I love it!

T0ad 0f Truth:

Was he even trying to fit the tone of the game? Blood of the Creed didn't really do as much for me as most of his other songs(not into the genre), but "not fitting the game" doesn't seem like a valid criticism on its own. He doesn't have to recreate the feeling of the game. The game does that fine on its own XD.

I love you.

JarinArenos:
As much as I hate waiting, I have to say, the longer polish time has done absolute wonders for already-good music. Have loved these past few months.

Glad you feel that way! It is a wonderful luxury to be able to take the time to make the lyrics better and really bring the songs to their full potential.

Sonicron:

Well, that's all the recommendation I need. Borderlands 2 is going on the Christmas list. :D
And again, bloody great work on this one, mate!

Almost didn't recognize you with the new avatar :D

But yeah, get it. It's fab. Both it and Dishonored alone are enough to make 2012 a good year :)

MiracleOfSound:
All accents are imitable once you've heard them enough

In which cashe, Mishter Dunne, I'd like to shee your Shaun Connery shometime shoon.

(Maybe there's a Skyfall song in there?)

Not sure if it'll get me to buy Borderlands 2 - I'm nowhere near finishing Borderlands 1 (mostly as I play it solo) - but at least the song's a buy from Bandcamp when I get some spare! :D

If it were me, I'd have loved a fadeout on the end of that one with a little more of that country guitar. It felt almost like a "thump" ending that suddenly, if you know what I mean.

T0ad 0f Truth:

Porecomesis:
Two songs in one month (Wigglesticks doesn't count because it's one of your low-effort songs)? I thought something was off with Blood of the Creed.

Have to say, I'm really liking this song. In my opinion, Blood of the Creed had an inconsistent beat and didn't really fit the tone of Assassin's Creed. This is completely different. I love it very much.

I agree with you about this song though, I love it!

Okay, I guess it wasn't fair criticism but it's not the criticism I'd say about the rest of his songs. Blood of the Creed can be good if you're into that sort of thing but it's definitely no Shadows of the Moonlight. He doesn't have to recreate the feeling of the game, you're right about that, but Blood of the Creed just doesn't fit in the same way.

Maybe I have my expectations way too high. Like with Pixar, I listen to Gavin's songs with the expectations of them being great.

MiracleOfSound:
Almost didn't recognize you with the new avatar :D

But yeah, get it. It's fab. Both it and Dishonored alone are enough to make 2012 a good year :)

'New avatar'? Teeheehee. I've been rocking this one for at least three months now. xD
My favourite so far this year is still Darksiders 2, but Dishonored isn't far behind; if you want I'll send you a link to my review, once the editor puts it up on the site. ^^

(Also what in the name of sanity are you doing up at 6 in the morning?!)

How do you make your guitar sound like....well, like THAT?

RTR:

With one of these :)

Sonicron:

(Also what in the name of sanity are you doing up at 6 in the morning?!)

Oh just the usual, insomnia and that :D

MiracleOfSound:

RTR:

With one of these :)

Mind telling a musically challenged guy what that thing is?

JaceArveduin:
[

It's a slide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slide_guitar

MiracleOfSound:

JaceArveduin:
[

It's a slide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slide_guitar

Thanks for that, I'd actually just figured out what it was when I realized a friend of mine was on. He had to think on it, but I got the answer all the same.

MiracleOfSound:
Oh just the usual, insomnia and that :D

I used to have insomnia, but then I took a semester schedule in the knee. New semester starts on Monday, and I have a feeling I'll always be nice and tired in the evening, so sleep won't be a problem.
I faintly recall you having a girlfriend. Why doesn't she simply drag you into bed when it's time to sleep (among other things)? xD

Sonicron:

I used to have insomnia, but then I took a semester schedule in the knee. New semester starts on Monday, and I have a feeling I'll always be nice and tired in the evening, so sleep won't be a problem.
I faintly recall you having a girlfriend. Why doesn't she simply drag you into bed when it's time to sleep (among other things)? xD

Lol cause insomnia doesn't work that way. I can go to bed at 12 and still be tossing and turning at 6am

MiracleOfSound:
Lol cause insomnia doesn't work that way. I can go to bed at 12 and still be tossing and turning at 6am

I'm aware of that... please disregard my drunken rambling from last night xD

I feel your pain, man... insomnia strikes me as well, though only rarely. Once or twice a year I have a phase of about 2 weeks (usually around exam time) when I can barely sleep at all, with waking periods of up to 4 days. It's utterly horrible.

As someone who sings your songs at comiccon talent shows for attention and praise, This is actually the most fun to perform. And as someone who's never played borderlands, I think I'm gonna now.

Best! Holy hell, this has rocketed up the ranks to be my new favorite (replaced New Black Gold).

Borderlands music fits the game beautifully but I really don't enjoy it. This I enjoyed, beautifully done.

Oh and I just heard Wigglesticks now as well. Hilarious :)

Yep, this may just beat "Joker song" for me.
But damn, you are a genius of music my friend.

Randy Pitchford greatly approves of this song. Maybe it will find it's way into the game. ;D

Ah, that slide guitar, Gav. This is one of those "have yet to play the game" but regardless I love this song... The opening slide riff got me.

Love your music Gavin. Seriously even with the ones on games I'm not likely to play you make some great stuff.

Still the video and song here almost makes me want to get Borderlands even though it never interested me. These guys should think about giving you some ad money.

Got anything for X-Com-Enemy Unknown coming down the pipe? I would love to hear your touch on that one.

PHEER:
Randy Pitchford greatly approves of this song. Maybe it will find it's way into the game. ;D

I saw that, it would be awesome if he liked it enough to use it for something :)

Another wonderful song from ya man. One that you wanna hear in that bar in Sanctuary.

Now back to melting/blowing up/zapping/burning/purple stuff my enemies.

Can't wait to see what the next song will be about.

Love this song!
Juat wondering what genre it is though.

How did you turn off the HUD?

Hallowed Lady:
Love this song!

I like to think it's not any genre in particular.

MiracleOfSound:

Hallowed Lady:
Love this song!

I like to think it's not any genre in particular.

It's part western, part country and part blues... I think

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or