Zero Punctuation: Saints Row 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

sweet, awsome many other verbs nouns... anyway awsome video goota check out saints row 2

Awesome review. Realism is way over rated, i agree, especially if it means "coffee filter" colors and whiny emo characters. Oh where haft thou gone thee technicolor fun of days of yer?

PS: I would buy a game that allows you to make your own comic book villain and terrorize the city. In fact Im surprised no one has made such a game yet.

I have the strange need to cast of all my clothes and hip thrust infront of old ldies......

I'd buy into that supervillain game!

In other news - woe! Did not expect SR2 to get a positive review - must go and seek this one out now!

Holy crap a game that he likes!!! Compelling enough to consider buying, almost.

Shiuz91:

Evilbunny:

Ali Elfaki:
NIce cant w8 2 c...1st???

It's amazing, every week practically somebody just has to post something like this, and every week they are banned. It's like watching lemmings run off a cliff or something.

I know I really enjoy it. Anyway cool review I was hoping for Fable 2 but maybe next week.

P.S. The super villian game would kick so much ass.

I have no' tha sla'test idea how ta' get in touch with Yahtzee but Some'un please tell 'im 'at the game Evil Genius is fairly reminiscent of the Super Villain game he seem ta' be describing, soooo if I might suggest it (as pitifully unimportant as me' opinion be).

Awesome review, even if others seem to think when he praises a game 'e's no' funny I believe 'e is.

I can't believe he liked Saints Row 2 better than GT4 IV ! Great review as always!

Brilliant review, I laughed my way through the entire thing. Nice to see him back on the old track, before the S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky review, it had become a bit mediocre..

RedMenace:

PS: I would buy a game that allows you to make your own comic book villain and terrorize the city. In fact Im surprised no one has made such a game yet.

Well there is City of Villians, might be something alike to what you're lookng for... I don't know, never played it, only have the name to go on.

Arachon:
Brilliant review, I laughed my way through the entire thing. Nice to see him back on the old track, before the S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky review, it had become a bit mediocre..

RedMenace:

Well there is City of Villians, might be something alike to what you're lookng for... I don't know, never played it, only have the name to go on.

Never, ever, EVER, and I meen EVER!!! mention that foul game to me again.

Two minds is a funny place to be. I love Yahtzee for his great reviews, but at the same time he goes and says silly things like 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer was shit'.

What was the pokemon reference? There's always the chance that it didn't appear there first : )

Danny Ocean:
Has anyone else noticed the 'censored' boxes over the genitals have gotten bigger since the first review?

Thats because he used these boxes to write something like "ohmegawd" back in the day, but now there are whole sentences there.

Danny Ocean:
What was that game that made him lower his standards? Halo 3?

If memory serves me it was "games like Halo" so I think he meant all mainstream games that get perfect scores in other reviews.

So...He actually liked the game? Holy shit... I guess.

Though how come in the middle of the video I could've sworn I was watching a review of GTA4 instead of SR2?

You just perfectly described why I never got into, or even finished, GTA4.

I had played GTA3, VC and SA, all in the month leading up to GTA4, and they were all a lot more fun cause at pretty much any point I could choose to go nuts and blow up everything in sight, with satisfying, chaotic results.

When I tried to do the same in GTA4, it simply wasn't able to enjoy myself: yes, that's right, I felt like I was forcing myself to blow up everything in sight, and it just wasn't any fun, particularly since I didn't even die in the end, I just drove away from it all, which I had never been able to do in the previous games, since the tank always got me.

Ali Elfaki:
NIce cant w8 2 c...1st???

Neither can I. The page appears to be broken.

Reloads keep coming up with 404 errors.

I'm definitely for a super villian game. The only thing that would be difficult about it is that North America loves the "super hero always wins" idea. However, the player wouldn't want to (necessarily) fail in the end, because a successfully-played game should leave you with a feeling of accomplishment, not failure. One of these two tenants will have to be broken to make a game like this. Without ruining the game, I think we'll have to show America what happens when the villian wins.

Great review. The jokes were a bit more subtle than previous videos -- I admit I missed several of the references. It was a solid, complete review, including both ups and downs. I'm curious though, did you think this was a poorly-made game that was still fun or were the flaws themselves minor? The amount of focus on the negatives suggested the former, but your satisfaction with it implied the later.

God I've been saying the same shit since the start of this generation. Too much grey/brown *cough* realism and not enough total mind fuck insanity! :D Wish I had the money to spare for saints row 2, curse this 'billion games at once' time of the year.

ryai458:
sweet, awsome many other verbs nouns... anyway awsome video goota check out saints row 2

Adjectives?

Gasp, he actually liked it!? Wow, I must say I am surprised. Good stuff.

Hehe... One of the funniest Zero Punctuations in a long time. No real belly laughs but I was sniggering all the way through.

Just by watching this, I can tell what kind of relation-ship yahtzee had with his grand-mother. Anyway great review!

Wow, this was actually a really good video... I hate to say that I've found the last couple a little stale. They put a smile on my face, but that was about it.

I think it's because this little review is a bit reminiscent of the very first ZP videos: fast, but calm and collective. Even when talking about the bad bits, there wasn't any extraneous yelling akin to Angry Videogame Nerd or anything like that.

Now if only the rest of the videos will follow suit, I'll find myself sitting at my computer awaiting more ZP videos as opposed to just saying, "Oh, Wednesday passed some time ago, I'd better check if there's another video up..."

for me, this was really funny, jejeh, a very unsubtle cousin of the riddle and the poor old lady segment, the poem, and robocop part.

and i think the idea of a sandbox game where you are a batman esque villian sounds really good and fun, and maybe put a bit of 60s batman in a game like that would make it more hilarious. it isnt necesary to the villian to win, but the game could end with some sort of cliffhanger revealing that the villian have bigger plans in proccess.

I must say i am extremely suprised how this review turned out! Still dont wanna buy the game though...the christmas period is getting insane nowadays and i literally dont have enough hours...

I can't believe he made a Pokemon joke. That's hilarious.

The rhyme was genius. Respect is dew.

Nice try, Yahtzee - you might think you've got the super villainous ability to make people buy crap games because you told them to, but I'm still not buying SR2!

The hideous 'Uncle Gary' trailers are reason enough not to buy it, and I'm not convinced the game is any 'better' than SR1, which was a big steaming turd of a game.

saints row... being good? Can that be true? [is convinced enough to rent it

hmmm the closest game to your idea was evil genius but it proved being 'evil' gets tiring after a while ]_<;;

Making a sandbox game where you go around killing people/causing mayhem as a supervillan is a good one in theory but the reality is a far bit less fun -_-;;

Any game/mod where you can do this ends up getting oooooooooooooooooooooold real fast.

this is why I love Yahtzee. He manages to piss everyone off but puts up a valid argument while doing it.

I don't really like the Riddler very much. Always seemed like a watered down Joker.

I was hoping for Dead Space... Because I love that game... But this is good.

Having played SR2 and enjoyed it immensely, I apprehensively settled in to watch the video. I knew it was very likely the problems inherent with the game could be easily used to rip it apart (perhaps fairly)

So I'm surprised he liked it, ironically for the same reasons my friend did (that Saints Row 2 doesn't try to present itself as anything else, and just lets you go on a massive sociopathic tear through Stillwater)

My word that was fantastic!, I just bought Saints Row 2 yesterday and I do agree it is mindless fun!

Pretty good review. I'm tempted to rent the game, if not download a demo of it.

I'm surprised...
I expected a Fable 2 review :(
Old ladies :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook