Computer Built in Minecraft Has RAM, Performs Division

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Formica Archonis:

Jabberwock xeno:
How the hell does this work?

Can you make a computer out of rocks or something then?

Well, this is making 'em out of wire, diodes and logic gates.:)

But rocks? Sure, why not.

But how would it work?

Thats really cool but my god how long must of it taken him to build that thing.

Jabberwock xeno:

Formica Archonis:

Jabberwock xeno:

Well, this is making 'em out of wire, diodes and logic gates.:)

But rocks? Sure, why not.

But how would it work?

Out of rocks? In that case the human is the CPU and the rocks are the memory and perhaps the instructions. Do math on paper, do math on your fingers, do math with piles of rocks.

this was done already, wasnt it?

just without RAM and etc. but it added and subtracted!

I've looked up his channel and seen it in action, Jesus Christ my mind is blown... by any sense of the word this is literately a genuine working computer built in minecraft... it's just...wow...

Oh please, Dwarf Fortress has a dwarven computer in it that can Add Subtract Multiple and Divide out to 8 digits. It of course runs on lava.

doomboy29:
Now make a computer in MC that can run Crysis 2!

I don't think that could be accomplished in a single lifetime.

William Ossiss:

Which means it's an ALU, not a CPU.

VincentX3:
Now all that's left is to play Minecraft inside of Minecraft

Already happened:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109144-Man-Uses-Kinect-to-Play-Minecraft-in-Minecraft

Anyway... How do people come up with this shit? I've never really understood how redstone worked in the game. I've always stuck with making simple structures, castles, statues, I've never thought to even try and make a working computer. This is... Insane. But impressive.

William Ossiss:

Yes, by the same guy.

Alar:
This reminds me of a comic I read once, where there is only one man who lives as an immortal in an infinite existence. He searches through his existence and gathers up rocks, and he uses these rocks to create a massive computer, which runs a simulation that is the universe we live in.

This only gives more credence to the comic's claims!

'tis an XKCD.

Jabberwock xeno:

You can! You just have to move all of the rocks yourself, or use gravity or something.

I wonder how long it will take before he makes one that can run doom.

Averant:
My God... A computer within a computer? That's... I don't even know. Ingenious? Insane? Will we make the matrix INSIDE the matrix? XD

No, it'll be a matrix within a dream within a matrix inside a Taco Bell!

OT: I've seen some of these before and they're pretty awesome. There's not a lot you can do with them yet and there won't be until Mojang adds something that leads to someone making an implementable screen.

Jabberwock xeno:

I guess, as long as it's fucking massive and you're operating on Minecraft physics.

Anyway, this is pretty crazy. It's only a matter of time until someone creates Minecraft within M-Oh they did.

Well, in that case, this is like some kind of...Mine-cept-Oh, someone made that joke already.

Um......OK, I got nothing.

Orannis0:
This is... Mineception.

We need to go deeper! ...but not straight down!

Wow. I am a computer geek, yet I still feel confident in saying this guy is a bigger computer geek.

While this is amazingly impressive, I feel it's a step back in presentation from the earlier minecraft computers.

zpucek:

William Ossiss:

Yes, by the same guy.

No, different guy, it's the very first thing he writes in the article.

Mad Hamish:
Wow. That is impressive. Couldn't help but notice that he had peaceful mode turned on. That is not something you want creepers getting near.

When "troubleshooting your computer" involves actual shooting with bow and arrows, truly the world is a better place

See if the USAF had created SKYNET inside minecraft instead of the real world then the only things to die would be a few pigs.. And Steve..

Anyway, this is pretty bloody amazing, would be good to have a dedicated program to creating CPUs in a contained environment ( ie a computer program)

Orannis0:
This is... Mineception.

Yep, ninja'd. Still, a computer with a computer....

Comp-ception!

Ahem.

Anyway, great work by that guy there, but I wonder how he found the time.

Numachuka:

Yopaz:
This seems hard... I really hope he made a private server and cheated to get the stuff he needed. I really think some have too much time on their hands...

Or just use InvEdit.

Yeah. that works too. If he really got all the things he needed the honest way he's really worked way too hard...

MINESWEEPER!!!...

Just an idea.

You know what I'm waiting for? Someone to tweak that massive computer that got built using Dwarf Fortress to emulate playing Minecraft, which is itself emulating a computer of its own, possibly running an early version of The Matrix.

this movie comes to mind when i read this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/plotsummary

*Looks at automatic lighthouse...
*Blows it up
*Weeps silently

Only a year behind Those cunning Dorfs

Already done in Gmod, but I'm surprised what autists can come up with these days. Good for him.

I wonder how many people already made the joke that it will not be long before they can play minecraft within minecraft. I'm not curious enough to find out.

TriggerHappyAngel:
Next step: a SNES emulator on that Minecraft computer, so that you can kill time by playing classic games (in a game).

That would be the one and only reason I would get Minecraft. Just to be able to play Secret of Mana on it.

where is this guys Nobel prize?

JinxyKatte:
I would be lying if I understood how any of this works in any way shape or form. But I still appreciate that it is awesome.

Same here.

Brilliant. Now we need to find a way to shrink down this technology. It could be the future of the world of minecraft!

zpucek:

William Ossiss:

Yes, by the same guy.

so... he's being redundant? i heard he got a job for the last one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here