EVE Online Rolls Back Exploiters' Accounts

Pages PREV 1 2

For anyone whos interested, here is a really awesome Ballad written about the current war in the south:

http://soundcloud.com/seamusfish/the-ballad-of-delve-part1

(Writen by one of my alliance-mates)

RvLeshrac:

kajinking:
As a player of EVE I can understand the desire to get an advantage over the other guy, lord only knows I would LOVE to be able to get a nice Navy issue ship for almost no effort or cost. But also being a player makes more than familar with what can happen if you mess with the EVE economy so I'm going to have to agree with CCP on this one. I don't even want to imagine if this exploit spread and suddenly all PVP is being done in faction ships fit with faction gear.

I like how they weren't banned, so they can continue to look for less detectable ways to cheat.

And That is why we love EVE.

I agree With RvLeshrac too. It would be a nightmare getting into PvP if everyone was flying the most expensive ships with the most expensive modules. I would hate to see the damage that could be done by a 3 billion ISK Battleship.

dogstile:

David Nary:
A bit of a long read, but for anyone who wants a first-hand account of what happened, here's the forum thread.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=124145

Thank you, that's the most entertaining thing i've read in a while.

(*cough* starting to role-play as Gilhelmi - a pilot of EVE)
DEATH TO THE GOONS AND ALL WHO SUPPORT PIRACY. (hopefully at the end of my guns, hahaha).

That was a good read I enjoyed the pouting over getting their ill-gotten gains taken away. AND THEY STILL LOST THE MINERALS, HAHAHAHA. TRILLIONS TAKEN AWAY FROM THE EVIL DOERS, HAHAHAHA.

I do despise the Goons.
(*cough* stopping role-playing, and praying that the Goonswarm does not put a hit out on me. At least when I am not in my pvp BS)

Gilhelmi:

RvLeshrac:

kajinking:
As a player of EVE I can understand the desire to get an advantage over the other guy, lord only knows I would LOVE to be able to get a nice Navy issue ship for almost no effort or cost. But also being a player makes more than familar with what can happen if you mess with the EVE economy so I'm going to have to agree with CCP on this one. I don't even want to imagine if this exploit spread and suddenly all PVP is being done in faction ships fit with faction gear.

I like how they weren't banned, so they can continue to look for less detectable ways to cheat.

I agree With RvLeshrac too. It would be a nightmare getting into PvP if everyone was flying the most expensive ships with the most expensive modules. I would hate to see the damage that could be done by a 3 billion ISK Battleship.

dogstile:

David Nary:
A bit of a long read, but for anyone who wants a first-hand account of what happened, here's the forum thread.

DEATH TO THE GOONS AND ALL WHO SUPPORT PIRACY. (hopefully at the end of my guns, hahaha).

That was a good read I enjoyed the pouting over getting their ill-gotten gains taken away. AND THEY STILL LOST THE MINERALS, HAHAHAHA. TRILLIONS TAKEN AWAY FROM THE EVIL DOERS, HAHAHAHA.

I do despise the Goons.
(*cough* stopping role-playing, and praying that the Goonswarm does not put a hit out on me. At least when I am not in my pvp BS)

Considerthat hit taken out -shakes fist- And trillions taken away isnt much, they make a trillion or two a month on moon goo in profits :P

Though a three billion isk battleship...really isnt all that scary. I have seen a few 3-4 billion isk Nightmares poped because they were being tards while running incursions. Especially considering for the cost of that one battleship you could get about 10 Alpha Maels that could blap it in a salvo :P

FelixG:
snip

Consider that hit taken out -shakes fist- And trillions taken away isnt much, they make a trillion or two a month on moon goo in profits :P

Though a three billion isk battleship...really isnt all that scary. I have seen a few 3-4 billion isk Nightmares poped because they were being tards while running incursions. Especially considering for the cost of that one battleship you could get about 10 Alpha Maels that could blap it in a salvo :P[/quote]

Ya, I have only flirted with billion. I have been making a living doing *retracted because I am not that stupid* so I make more then the average player but nowhere near that much. Nightmares are what though 1.5 billions just for the ship? So ya they were stupid. I took a Rattlesnake into Low-sec once, I lost 500 mill that day (this was before SOMEONE drove the price of everything through the roof).

(*role-play*)
Ya, I am still Laghing about how they lost all the minerals that jumped in value after the "Burn Jita" mineral hoarding. Lucky for me, I had all my minerals saved up so it did not affect me 'much'. Still, part of me wishes I could talk about trillions like it was nothing. (*/role-play)

Gilhelmi:

RvLeshrac:

kajinking:

dogstile:

David Nary:

I do despise the Goons.

Funny thing is, you're telling a goon you despise goons :P Although i'm not an eve player, I just follow the thread because it's hilarious. Although i'd recently stopped doing so, which is something I regret doing.

dogstile:

Gilhelmi:

RvLeshrac:

dogstile:

I do despise the Goons.

Funny thing is, you're telling a goon you despise goons :P Although i'm not an eve player, I just follow the thread because it's hilarious. Although i'd recently stopped doing so, which is something I regret doing.

Ya, I know its masochistic of me. But at least it will be entertaining when they come. Win or lose its still something to do.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here