New Borderlands 2 DLC Leaks Thanks to Sleepy Devs

Pages PREV 1 2

briankoontz:

chozo_hybrid:
There are people that do. Apparently she acts "black" and it's considered racist by a lot of people, most of whom are your typical middle class white Americans, who overreact and are super sensitive to things that have nothing to do with them but want to look good, if Facebook and Twitter are anything to go by. What they don't seem to get, is that labeling a type of speech etc as "black" is kinda racist in itself, which is stupid, because they are saying only certain people can act a certain way.

A subculture within American black urbania speaks a lower-intensity version of Tiny Tina's speech.

The meaning of this in the game may be that Tiny Tina is marginalized by what passes for Borderlands 2 society.

This is ludicrous in itself, since the small degree to which she may be marginalized in Borderlands 2 is due to her psychopathy and borderline insanity combined with demolition skill, not her skin color or age.

Tiny Tina is racist against American black urbania, since her context within the game misrepresents and insults good people who are marginalized for no reason other than their race.

Since very very few people who speak somewhat like Tiny Tina play Borderlands 2 Gearbox knows it doesn't have to worry about backlash.

But isn't racism when something is done with the thought of being superior to another culture etc, or with hate/malice behind it. There are white people who live in the same conditions as those you mention and they talk in that manner too. She isn't racist, because she isn't representing anyone, she's a silly video game character.

Your line of thinking perpetuates that only people of certain background can act a certain way, which just reinforces a stereotype and doesn't help anyone. I'm not from the US, so I can't speak with expert knowledge, but it seems silly to say one person can't act one way because only certain other people are allowed to.

Parakeettheprawn:
I mean, hell, that's how I felt about Mad Moxxi's Underdome. That was the one part of my GotY copy of Borderlands that I actually enjoyed.

What?! That was literally the most boring and pointless part of the game. Hell, you don't even get loot from killing the enemies. Plus, if you want to solo the greater challenges (they really aren't that much of a challenge btw), you're looking at an 8 hour no quitting gaming session.
I really don't understand you lol. IMO, Underdome was the only blemish on an otherwise fantastic game.

OT: I am very excited for this. Looks like an interesting and most likely hilarious departure from the main game.

RedDeadFred:

Parakeettheprawn:
I mean, hell, that's how I felt about Mad Moxxi's Underdome. That was the one part of my GotY copy of Borderlands that I actually enjoyed.

What?! That was literally the most boring and pointless part of the game. Hell, you don't even get loot from killing the enemies. Plus, if you want to solo the greater challenges (they really aren't that much of a challenge btw), you're looking at an 8 hour no quitting gaming session.
I really don't understand you lol. IMO, Underdome was the only blemish on an otherwise fantastic game.

OT: I am very excited for this. Looks like an interesting and most likely hilarious departure from the main game.

An arena battle with supplies limited between rounds, neat modifiers for certain matches, a stream of bosses to fight, and Mad Moxxi's at least mildly enjoyable (especially in comparison to the rest of the game's writing) dialogue? That's the most pointless part of a game where you just grind and collect stat-changed guns while shooting Nolan North as a Bandits #1-5 over and over and over again? It was essentially an offline MMO, but with no other reason to keep playing than to just get better at playing it. There was no actual reward for it other than pretty much doing spreadsheet work. The story has no pay off and one of the most forced and out of place endings I've ever seen, the humor is so hit or miss it's like a blind man firing a grenade launcher in a bouncy castle, and the environments are just soulless, empty, and bland. Underdome actually felt like there was something going on! Finally I could just play the game like a frigging shooter, not like action-RPG grindfest that kept sighing and going "fine, I'll pretend to be a shooter so you stop complaining about DPS ratios popping up too much".

Some grinding experiences are fun. Sword of the New World. Warframe. Dead Space 1-3 with New Game Plus. Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer. Firefall. Hell, Firefall basically is Borderlands but actually good and actually feels like a shooter. But most of those offer something else, like a unique combat system or story or ideas or setting or interaction with other plays. Borderlands wasn't any different online or offline, and it's biggest innovation is that it has four weapons at maximum to use. So does Duke Nukem Forever on PC -- doesn't mean I want to play it.

Someone is inevitably going to say "if you don't like Diablo-lootfests then you shouldn't play Borderlands". Nein, that's a fallacy. It was toted as a pure 50/50 split of RPG and FPS. It is not. The FPS is window dressing. As shooters go, it's the Minesweeper of shooters. Also, the setting was made to look like this bleeding edge original work, and yet, instead, we get a rather stereotypical (I can't believe it's reached the point where this can be a stereotype, but apparently so) punk sci-fi universe.

IMO, Underdome was the only thing I had to go back to. I was so bored with the main content and informed that the additional DLC was all like the main game that I didn't even try any other DLC. I debated going back but really... the gameplay just sucked in general. I'm not saying if you like it that you shouldn't play it but... really, it's not just Yahtzee, there's plenty of us who didn't find it good. I know other people who didn't. If you like it, fine, but that doesn't change anything for me.

crepesack :

GonzoGamer:
Natural 20. Suck on that!

The video with them playing B&B is hilarious. I hope this is the best dlc yet, with a theme like that, I'm optimistic. It also helps that I enjoyed all the other dlc.

Now roll to confirm.

No way. I play Palladium rules, next for me is the roll to hit.

I'm wondering if this is dlc is going to make Borderlands look more like 40K: orks, elves, & shit like that shooting at you.

I don't think I have to tell anyone that i'm super excited about this. But I will, so ha! I'm super excited!

BURN ALL THE BABIES!

RedDeadFred:

Parakeettheprawn:

I agree. Even for a shamelessly 'tacked-on-at-the-last-minute' feature, it was boring, unimaginative and utterly pointless. Granted, BL1 wasn't very imaginative with it's rather repetitive enemies to fight, but the Underdome felt.. too easy. Of an idea I mean. They could've at least fleshed it out a bit, make it somehow actually part of the game. And that's a lot coming from a fanboy like me.

But look at me lingering in the past, TINA IS GETTING HER OWN GAME. REJOICE AND CELEBRATE :D

TheSYLOH:
You know, I'm seriously disappointed that we'll never get a DLC where we storm the Hyperion Mothership.
The thing has been hovering near the moon the entire game, we should have been able to blow it up at some point.

Well, this dlc is prolly focused on Tina who is traumatised so the DLC might be about the Moonbase (which Tina might refer to as the Dragonskeep).

TheSYLOH:
You know, I'm seriously disappointed that we'll never get a DLC where we storm the Hyperion Mothership.
The thing has been hovering near the moon the entire game, we should have been able to blow it up at some point.

I for one was expecting that to be the conclusion of the BL2 arc. With the way the game ended, I'm hoping for a BL3, and for it to not be set on Pandora. Hell, I was hoping BL2 wasn't going to be on Pandora either, because there's a lot more out there than just a desert planet.

RedDeadFred:

Parakeettheprawn:

i don't understand the hate for the moxxi DLC. you want to play a game where you shoot a lot of people, right? The Dlc gives you a lot of people to shoot without having to run large distances between enemies.

Fodder Aplenty:

RedDeadFred:

Parakeettheprawn:

i don't understand the hate for the moxxi DLC. you want to play a game where you shoot a lot of people, right? The Dlc gives you a lot of people to shoot without having to run large distances between enemies.

Eh, it's alright for testing out weapons but it's not that challenging and you don't get to collect any loot from your kills.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here