Former Dragon Age executive producer Mark Darrah returns to BioWare to help finish Dreadwolf, alongside the Mass Effect team joining up.

Mark Darrah and the Mass Effect Team Are Helping to Finish Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Former Dragon Age executive producer Mark Darrah has returned to BioWare as a consultant to help the development team finish Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, per GamesBeat. Additionally, the team developing the new Mass Effect game has also shifted to helping develop Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, though a “core” team is continuing pre-production work on Mass Effect. These are moves that signal BioWare’s intense commitment to get this game right, because a lot is riding on it.

Recommended Videos

BioWare general manager Gary McKay provided the following statement to GamesBeat about the development:

Our studio is focused on creating the best Dragon Age: Dreadwolf while the core Mass Effect team continues their pre-production work. We continue to iterate and polish Dreadwolf, focusing on the things that matter most to our fans. As we further connect this new experience with the series’ legacy Mark Darrah will join the team as a consultant, bringing with him years of experience working on Dragon Age. We’re proud to have this team, with strong leadership at the helm, working together to realize the vision we have for the game.

McKay had announced back in October that Dreadwolf had completed its alpha milestone, being playable from start to finish, so the game has been undergoing polish in post-production since then. There is still no official word on when the game will launch, but BioWare seems to feel good about its production cycle. Bringing Mark Darrah back for Dreadwolf, even as a consultant, is certainly a move that will put some fans at ease. He had announced his departure from the studio back in December 2020 alongside former general manager Casey Hudson.

The last time we actually saw Dragon Age: Dreadwolf was back in December, when BioWare released an in-game cinematic where Varric explained that players will have to stop Solas.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Read Article Critical Role Announces Candela Obscura Live Show & When Tickets Go on Sale
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Read Article Critical Role Announces Candela Obscura Live Show & When Tickets Go on Sale
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.