Free New ME3 Multiplayer Content!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

At 00:46 look at that barrier bubble is anyone hyped for playing as a justicar adept?
This power looks extremely useful for doing teamwork and doing objectives

Zhukov:
I just saw "krogan" and "vanguard" in the same sentence.

This makes me happy.

oh god..it's gonna be like the 2nd week of multiplayer all over, where frickin everyone was a human vanguard running around, this time..as a krogan. i have a feeling it's gonna be super OP

(with good reason of course..krogan battlemaster? who doesn't get a hard on for playing that character?)

Good thing they released this AFTER the extended cut announcement, it makes the first one not seem so bad. i'll be lookin forward to this, the multiplayer has been alot of fun.

RJ 17:

Fappy:

RJ 17:
Sooooo basically what I just said in my response above: they're getting shuffled into the mix and they're telling us "Good luck, fuckers" as far as unlocking this stuff? Faaaaaaaaaaaaan-frickin'-tastic.

Its good for the sickos who have maxed out every rare and keep getting character cards while fishing for ultra-rares.

:P Yeah, and don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about free DLC that a game like CoD would charge you $10 for.

:P I do firmly believe, however, that everyone's going to go Geth first chance they get.

we are legion. we pick the most logical choice first :)

(not gonna lie, saw the geth and had one big ass smile on my face)

Adam Jensen:
I might be angry at Bioware but I don't think they are malicious towards their fans. Call this an intuitive leap of logic, but I think if Bioware can do something like that, then they are well aware of what our problem with the ending really is. So it gives me hope that they will actually fix the ending with something more than a cinematic. I can't explain it, but for some reason I think I know the single player DLC that is in the works will be a pleasant surprise. And yes, I got all that from one second of Bioware trolling. I know it sounds ridiculous. Time will tell if I was right.

Occams razor would say that that is a complete accident or just the one guy in charge of that segment as opposed to a company wide wink to the fans.

Fappy:

Here I was, planning on mentioning there was already a news post for this. Way to ninja the site! ;)

Also, this one is amused by the red squiggles of "RAWR YOU MISSPELLED THIS" under some of the lines. Someone made a mistake....

Looks sweet.
Now where those people who claimed that EA would never release free dlc's?

The Geth? Coolish.

No army is complete without fighting alonside technologically advanced desklamps. Not tried the MP yet, off to do that now.

Have to say, I'm shocked.

I honestly never thought I would hear the words "EA" and "Free" anywhere in the same sentence.
(I guess that leak was legit, who'd of thought it?)

Now, speaking rationally, it's an obvious marketing stunt on their part.
And it still doesn't undo all the bad they've done over the years and in the last few months with Mass Effect.
But, I'll give credit where it's due, this is a good kind of marketing stunt. I can get behind this.

So...er....good going EA/Bioware..?...Sounds weird saying that...

RJ 17:
My prediction: the N7 Spec Ops division of the Alliance Military will soon be replaced by The Geth Spec Ops unit.

Because the Geth are awesome? And the best? And awesome?

The Geth are the only truly innocent group in the entire ME Universe, Viva La Geth Resistance!

Canadish:

I honestly never thought I would hear the words "EA" and "Free" anywhere in the same sentence.

Now, speaking rationally, it's an obvious marketing stunt on their part.
And it still doesn't undo all the bad they've done over the years and in the last few months with Mass Effect.
But, I'll give credit where it's due, this is a good kind of marketing stunt. I can get behind this.

So...er....good going EA/Bioware..?...Sounds weird saying that...

What about "EA can feel free to go f*ck themselves!"?

That works and I bet someone has said it.

Kinguendo:

RJ 17:
My prediction: the N7 Spec Ops division of the Alliance Military will soon be replaced by The Geth Spec Ops unit.

Because the Geth are awesome? And the best? And awesome?

The Geth are the only truly innocent group in the entire ME Universe, Viva La Geth Resistance!

:P Actually I was gonna say "Because Legion is a fucking badass and the fact that you only get to play with him for like, 3 missions in ME 2 has everyone yearning to play as a Geth again."

More multiplayer content? What did I do with that rat's ass I could give...

Fr]anc[is:

Adam Jensen:
I might be angry at Bioware but I don't think they are malicious towards their fans. Call this an intuitive leap of logic, but I think if Bioware can do something like that, then they are well aware of what our problem with the ending really is. So it gives me hope that they will actually fix the ending with something more than a cinematic. I can't explain it, but for some reason I think I know the single player DLC that is in the works will be a pleasant surprise. And yes, I got all that from one second of Bioware trolling. I know it sounds ridiculous. Time will tell if I was right.

Occams razor would say that that is a complete accident or just the one guy in charge of that segment as opposed to a company wide wink to the fans.

Why would you want to take away my hope?

Geth don't infiltrate...

Fappy:

TheKasp:
Truly EA is the worst company in the USA... *sigh*

On Topic: Well, it looks really interesting. Maybe I'll pick ME3 up afterall when they add some redeemable features to Origin.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. They can make more money in the long run by releasing free content for two reasons:

1. Will retain players for longer so they spend more money on micro-transactions to unlock the new content (which is optional way of unlocking the content of course, but people like to throw money around)
2. You technically are paying for everything multiplayer entails by buying new/buying the online pass

Assuming it stays as innocent as that I can get behind this model.

I'm willing to bet that all multiplayer content will be free because of the ability to buy packs. If you think about it, people will probably pay FAR more for the packs than they will for multiplayer maps.

Looks like I might have to give one of those Batarian chars a whirl....like the swing of that melee attack there at around 1:35. The chance to play as a Geth is most welcome also!

I was going to ask there - what was happening at 0:16, but after a few rewinds, I finally noticed it. Very subtle indeed. I like it. :)

Maybe they're actually LEARNING from their mistakes and working to be a better company?

Maybe 2012 is really the last year of civilization.

KROGAN BATTLEMASTER

ALL OF MY YES!!

(sorry for caps)

I was hoping to be a Geth Colossus. Shame...

freaper:
KROGAN BATTLEMASTER

ALL OF MY YES!!

(sorry for caps)

...I had no clue you could adjust the size of a Youtube video here.

freaper:
KROGAN BATTLEMASTER

ALL OF MY YES!!

(sorry for caps)

gotta say...i did not know you could do that with videos. interesting. guess i learn something new every day.

agreed though. even more rape melee attacks than before (biotic melee that is...)

Canadish:

The first part of your post goes hilariously well with your avatar.

Some EA excecutive out there is probably weeping to themselves and preparing to turn their tie into a noose for releasing this out for free. Some of the content in this dlc pack could have made them a tidy little fortune.

However, given the absolute wreck their reputation is in at the moment they have little choice but to release some free tid-bits.

OK. I am really grateful for the free DLC, but...

... try to imagine what would happen if it wasn't free - what would people say. Thats the actual reason for releasing it like that. I like generally ME3 but that doesn't mean that I don't see whats happening around the game and EA. If they didn't make such a failure in both PR and game before this DLC wouldn't be for free. Knowing this its rather hard to be grateful, since they were somehow forced to do it this way.

Fappy:

:P I do firmly believe, however, that everyone's going to go Geth first chance they get.
Batarian Soldier all the way man. I am like one of three people on the planet that like them >.>

Hey, I like them too manno! I saw through their cliche mustache twirling villain stereotype a long time ago. Defined wanna be a Batarian Soldier, or a Geth Infiltrator.

Geth do not infiltrate

Adam Jensen:
Why would you want to take away my hope?

Because enough hopes and dreams have been shattered thanks to ME3, try not to add yours to the casualty list.

OT: This is not free because they are being nice, not by a long shot. It is free because it has to be free. Think about it, multiplayer unlocks are pure chance. Sure you can grind for points but what they really want you to do is buy those booster packs. It is gambling. If they had charged you for the privilege to pay money for the chance to unlock something you might never actually get, it would be a massive scam. It's not goodwill for PR, its incentive for you to keep gambling.

this new DLC is awesome, if you multi-play.

and i am still angered by the fact that you need to partake in the MP portion of the game to get a 5000 EMS rating. never before in any game that i have played has the MP impacted the single-player campaign.

i DO NOT like that precedent at all.

I've said in the past that a geth would be more of a badass than a quarian. Looks like I'm going to be right.

Ascarus:

and i am still angered by the fact that you need to partake in the MP portion of the game to get a 5000 EMS rating. never before in any game that i have played has the MP impacted the single-player campaign.

You do not.....

TheKasp:
Truly EA is the worst company in the USA... *sigh*

On Topic: Well, it looks really interesting. Maybe I'll pick ME3 up afterall when they add some redeemable features to Origin.

Im sure there is someone at EA foaming at the mouth from hearing this...

EA suit:
*enraged*

BIOWARE IS DOING WHAT!?

lol...

SajuukKhar:

Ascarus:

You do not.....

It has been confirmed that it is literally impossible to get the "sharp breath" ending without playing at least a match or two of MP. I think the max EMS you can possibly get without MP is like 3800 or something and you need 4000 to get the special ending (that includes the DLC). A lot of people are mad about it, but who really cares. A 20 second clip with no context is pretty meaningless anyway.

Fappy:

SajuukKhar:

Ascarus:

You do not.....

It has been confirmed that it is literally impossible to get the "sharp breath" ending without playing at least a match or two of MP. I think the max EMS you can possibly get without MP is like 3800 or something and you need 4000 to get the special ending (that includes the DLC). A lot of people are mad about it, but who really cares. A 20 second clip with no context is pretty meaningless anyway.

It's actually completely possible to get well over 6,000 EMS without the multiplayer. I know because I did it.

Jitters Caffeine:

Fappy:

SajuukKhar:

You do not.....

It's actually completely possible to get well over 6,000 EMS without the multiplayer. I know because I did it.

EMS or TMS? Its an important distinction. There are tons of number crunchers on the BSN that proved its impossible.

EDIT: Too tired to look harder but this is a pretty big thread about it. It says in the OP you need to do a New Game+ and even then it is almost completely impossible: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9773629/1

Sleep time

Looks awesome, I've got 10x more play out of the multiplayer than the singleplayer, and that makes me do this considering it is Bioware - o.O

killerguythefox:
At 00:46 look at that barrier bubble is anyone hyped for playing as a justicar adept?
This power looks extremely useful for doing teamwork and doing objectives

You are not alone, man. I thought those other classes looked cool, but I personally have no interest in the Geth or Batarians. The Krogan looks pretty good, though.

Anyway, I am most interested in the biotic barrier. Ever since the suicide mission I've wanted to be able to use one of those babies. Now I have my chance, except I have to play a damned Asari. :/ (My main being Human Male Adept)

Oh well, we'll see how this all plays out. I still haven't unlocked Krogan soldier yet. I need to play more Multiplayer!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked