A Question for Men...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Like a few people have said, I watch and enjoy unmanly moe anime from time to time like Lucky Star etc...but I can't help but wonder why I should feel that way. Its obvious that with an anime like Lucky Star, with a 98% cast of cute moetastic high school girls that men are the target audience, yet I can't help feeling unmanly while I watch it. It's like a paradox or something...

I spend ages doing my hair and choosing what clothes to wear...if that counts?

Playing video games that aren't GRRRRR MAN SHOOTIN' TIME! Specifically RPG's and Tactics based games.

Unmanly, eh?
Honestly, I like to cuddle with someone...

I've watched (and enjoyed) some girly television programs. I am extremely emotional, and not very confrontational. I'm not really into anime/video game women wearing skimpy outfits, and I will prevent it, if I can. I'm a romantic. I hate sports. I hate drinking alcohol. Shooter games aren't really my thing. My hair is longer than shoulder length. Leg/arm/anywhere-other-than-on-top-of-head hair? Do not like. I enjoy cuddling more than anything in the world.

I guess I'm really not all that manly, after all.

I treat my cat like I would treat a daughter.

I don't like sports.

Coming in second, I love Pokemon and still enjoy the Yu-Gi-Oh card game and accompanying show.

Edit: Oh, yes.

In third: I have never once been a fight in my entire life. Not a single serious punch thrown, though plenty of menacing looks (of course).

Edit-edit: In fourth, god damnit: I only listen to instrumental/soundtrack themes for movies and video games, and I watch emotional drama's for a good cry and to deal with personal emotional/social issues in which have plagued by social experience since the third grade.

.. Oh god, getting emotional. QUICKLY! MUST EAT GRIZZLY BEARS AND THUMP CHEST LIKE KONG! MANLY MAN GRAH!

<_<

Lip-sync in front of the mirror, with or without music. Dancing may or may not be included.

I cook, I read, I respect Women (Thats a bit of a joke because all I see with my generation is the manly thing being the complete opposite), I think instead of doing things, I write, I enjoy sad movies and chick flicks (I can't answer why because I don't know why), I show my emotions when I need to, I sing when I'm in a good mood, etc... I'm a very un-manly man :/

thaluikhain:

Kiba Bloodfang:
There's this one I do I think makes me unmanly... having sex with other men :P

Surely that makes you more manly? More maleness involved.

I can sorta understand the mainstream view on this, ut it always seemed a bit counter-intuitive.

Hmm... point taken. Being manly with other men doing... manly men things... with men things :P

But of course... we cuddle afterwards <3
x3

Dry hump my friends?
I think thats pretty unmanly.
I think the only thing that beats it is "wet" humping my friends?

Iv only ever been interested in long term relationships. I like having a girl to look after = P Doesnt fit in with the stereotype but i think its a good quality anyway.

That and i know nothing about cars and not much about football

I cook, regularly keep my apartment clean, cross-dress for halloween and sing in a choir..

..and I am a Man.

Kiba Bloodfang:

thaluikhain:

Kiba Bloodfang:
There's this one I do I think makes me unmanly... having sex with other men :P

I can sorta understand the mainstream view on this, ut it always seemed a bit counter-intuitive.

Hmm... point taken. Being manly with other men doing... manly men things... with men things :P

x3

Heh, you said "point taken".

Ok, a bit of a stretch, I know

ThatLankyBastard:
A simple question for all the manly-men at The Escapist... What is the most unmanly thing you do? What is the one thing that you love that completely defies the stereotypical manly way of life?

I'll start... I love romance movies, (especially sad ones), and watch Lucky Star...

titanic is my favorite movie....do i really need to go on?

thaluikhain:

Kiba Bloodfang:

thaluikhain:

x3

Heh, you said "point taken".

Ok, a bit of a stretch, I know

Hahaha, I see what you did there XD

I am addicted to the Viva Pinata games. This is humiliating to me. I don't play them all the time but a couple times a year I go through a phase where I'll play them and nothing else for several weeks.

I am a bomb technician and decorated combat veteran and so it's pretty confusing to everybody. My wife just thinks it's funny.

I watch a lot of shoujo anime.

Not the manlieset thing to do...

I enjoy listening to KT Tunstall. Not many people find that manly.. eh

Casual Shinji:
I pee sitting down.

Not very manly, I know, but the convenience of a toilet is that you can sit on it, so by God I'm gonna sit on it.

Same here, well... at home...

OT:
I make amazing chocolate chip cookies and I don't care for sports (minus the X-Games).
Oh, and I have a cat that I love... she's sitting on my lap right now.

I'd say I'm a manly person, but there's plenty of stuff I do that does not meet the manly archetype: I have never really liked sports (at least not ones involving a ball), there are a select few musicals that I enjoy, I've watched every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I enjoy baking every now and then.

In my opinion, manliness isn't necessarily defined by the things you enjoy doing; it's more a matter of attitude, of having a man's character. It's the way you do things, not really what you do.

I've watched some anime, and feel that that is very unmanly. I also like to cuddle, probably more than my girlfriend does.

i put my hand on my hip a lot which makes me look like i have a lof of "flair"

I cook and clean up after myself, two things that no other guys I've lived with seem capable of doing, so I'm guessing they're unmanly.

I also get very excited about wearing new clothes and using new combinations of shampoo and conditioners. My hair is very long and pretty, you see. Many girls have expressed jealousy of it.

i dont laugh, i giggle like a little school girl even though i have a voice that would rival darth vader

00slash00:

ThatLankyBastard:
A simple question for all the manly-men at The Escapist... What is the most unmanly thing you do? What is the one thing that you love that completely defies the stereotypical manly way of life?

I'll start... I love romance movies, (especially sad ones), and watch Lucky Star...

titanic is my favorite movie....do i really need to go on?

You don't, but your heart will.

I worry about my hair and know what looks good on other people that some people consider gay and watch cartoons and anime (some the most unmaniest anime) dislike call of duty MW2 and black ops (which people have considered me gay for) don't really care for sports really the only manly thing I do is work out
*sigh* oh well don't care about being manly

I don't know. I enjoy shopping I guess, but usually for manly things. Actually, I'm American and I don't enjoy watching sports. I don't mind playing a game of football, basketball, or baseball with some friends, but watching games bores me.
Also, I like writing a lot, but that isn't really un-manly, especially considering how I'm currently writing some really epic story.

Casual Shinji:
I pee sitting down.

Not very manly, I know, but the convenience of a toilet is that you can sit on it, so by God I'm gonna sit on it.

Me too. Why do something while standing when you can sit. That logic applies to almost anything.

OT: I play pokemon, viva pinata, don't care much for sports (I will watch american football or cricket every now and then) I watched Gilmore Girls, and I prefer sushi to big manly steak. Also at almost 22 years old I weigh a mere 115 lbs. So take your pick.

Golem239:
I worry about my hair and know what looks good on other people that some people consider gay and watch cartoons and anime (some the most unmaniest anime) dislike call of duty MW2 and black ops (which people have considered me gay for) don't really care for sports really the only manly thing I do is work out
*sigh* oh well don't care about being manly

People think you're gay for not liking Modern Warfare? Jeez, I thought I knew some insane fanboys! That's freaking stupid.

oh theres plenty of things i do that would be considered un manly like somtimes i drive down the street blaring barbie girl by aqua while singing along
oh and i become unmanly when faced with cute animals

TU4AR:
You realise that "manly" consitutes doing things in the most difficult way possible right? :3 And since when were "common sense" and "manly" uttered in synonymy :P

I was trying to make him feel better. >.>

Shade184:

Although you can't deny, it's fun trying to see how accurate you can be at range when there's no danger of making a mess, i.e. aiming at a tree trunk.

To each their own....

I love making fun of the stereotype and mentioning how all the REAL MEN are blind from welding contraptions to kill things or jump off things or dead from some stupid act of apparent heroism

i guess its that i like to read not many guys do ( that i know) i think thats a bout it though

-Zen-:
You don't, but your heart will.

I cannot express the amount of win in this quote in mere words.

Zachary Amaranth:
I was trying to make him feel better. >.>

So what if he isn't manly? You don't have to be.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked