Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

That is quite scary...I know people can fall in love with most things but...god...

Is there no hope for mankind

I wonder if the pillow married for money cause I can't see any other redeeming features.

Please excuse me, I have to go weep for humanity.

AvsJoe:
I don't know whether I should facepalm, laugh, or stare blankly at my computer. I'll just stare and express my feelings with h2'd ellipses.

Gigaguy64:
........im going back to bed.
Wake me up when people can think rationally again.

You'll be asleep for a loooong time, my friend. A loooong time.

There is so much truth in this. It's disgusting, really.

Well, uh. Good thing he won't reproduce? Come to think of it, how do these people keep poppin' up? We'll have to assume that 'outright weirdness' isn't genetical.

Gigaguy64:
If i ever actually got a Samus pillow id just frame it or sell it on ebay.
It would probably go for a fortune.

Because SOMEONE out there wants to marry it.

Ekonk:
Well, uh. Good thing he won't reproduce? Come to think of it, how do these people keep poppin' up? We'll have to assume that 'outright weirdness' isn't genetical.

Gigaguy64:

Because SOMEONE out there wants to marry it.

I don't doubt it.
Not one bit.

Are you serious?? Damn and I thought the guy who married the virtual girl was sad, but this guy needs serious psychiatric help NOW! Uhhhhhh... I don't feel well..

Gigaguy64:
........im going back to bed.
Wake me up when people can think rationally again.

When did people ever think rationally?

EDIT:

He just failed it.

This reminds me of something that Lewis Black said about the Bible. I think it went something like this:

...they'd be wandering out in the desert looking for stuff, and then one day one guy would come back to the village elder... and he'd have a camel with them... and then he'd go...

(long pause)

...I met her in the desert... And she looked at me in a special way... Will you marry us?

Well, erm, that's... different. I've heard of people marrying strange things before, but a PILLOW!?! Can he honestly say that he has a special connection and feelings for a pillow?

Seriously... this is messed up. Whatever floats his boat I guess...

Hope it don't get knocked up.

I may sound like an idiot for saying this but, what is otaku mean?

Onyx Oblivion:

Well Fate already has a daughter with Nanoha called Vivio, so I assume the guy is fine having children.

Just tell me, how in the name of the gods is this even legal? That's all I want to know.

Amnestic:

Stranger of Sorts:
Why is it always the Japanese?

AndyFromMonday:
Nowadays, this is tame for Japan.

Article Title:
Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Seriously guys?

I believe everyone reads it as...

Article Title:
Asian Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Subliminal racism ftw!

Here's a better question... Why is it okay for a man to marry an inanimate object but not for a man to marry another man? X_x People make my head ache with rage... Lots and lots of rage.

Oh Lord why have you forsaken us?

awww,isn't that sweet?

Well if he mysteriously dies of suffocation. We'll know why.

In all seriousness,this makes me a sad. Its a pillow...A PILLOW. I understand people are passionate bout certain things (lik anime) but....but...ITS A PILLOW

^_^ O_O T_T -__-.These are all the reactions i had after seeing this in chronological order.Life is weird.

I....er.....wow. Asians sure have the biggest nerds.

I don't... even... but... how...?

How the hell did that wedding ceremony go? "You may now kiss the pillowcase"? "Do you take this pillowcase to be your lawfully wedded linen"? "Do you promise to stand by each other, in sickness, and in health, laundry days excluded"?

What the hell did he use in place of a ring? A freaking hula-hoop? What are the laws on divorce here? Does the pillowcase get 50% of his belongings if they split? Does the pillowcase take his last name?

So many jokes. So little time.

Sooooo.... he's going to have to make his own sandwich?

Not the first crazy korean story I've heard, but certainly the funniest.

I blame society, for allowing people like this to exist (joke... sort of)

Why this is bad: Social conservatives in U.S. will point to this as the end of the slippery slope we'll be on if we allow gay marriage. Does anybody remember Rick Santorum? He was convinced hay marriage would lead to incest and bestiality. Marriage to a pillow will get put in the same basket.

Onyx Oblivion:

Hate to see a bunch of little throw pillows running around.

Gigaguy64:

PrimoThePro:

Gigaguy64:
Thanks man.
(grabs a Samus pillow and locks his door)

er... what are you planning with that samus pillow??

never mind. what you do behind closed doors, I sure as hell don't want to know about it.

Ohhh so just because i have a Samus pillow im going to sleep with it....wait...what?
Lol.
Nothing Sexual, i love Samus but i wouldn't go as far as this guy.

Odds are that somewhere where these pillows are sold they have game characters as well as anime girls, so it might only go for retail price (less if its been "used")

Haseo21:
I may sound like an idiot for saying this but, what is otaku mean?

Valid question, wrong spelling

Otaku(o-tah-ku): A fan on an extremely obsessive level. In Japan, a derogatory term. Used anywhere outside of Japan, otaku automatically refers to an anime obsessio

C'mon, Korea, you were the cool one!

Sure, You were kind of obsessive over games, but...

Jesus Christ marrying an inanimate object is going to the extreme he's marrying a fucking pillow there's something wrong with that guy

what in the hell! First a DS, now a Pillow that most likley has a hole in it, whats next?

Catkid906:
Can't wait to see the kids. >.<

Calumon: Humans are boring and weird. Why can't we all love me?

First off:shutup calumon your not helping ease the pain

second off: korea has reached a new level of crazy

I wonder what his kids will look like...

I bet they engage in a lot of pillow talk.

I wonder if she's as light as a feather.

I think he'll get annoyed when he finds out all she wants to do is lay in bed all day.

....omg, I'm so sorry I couldn't help it.

...one more, the term "Make the bed" has a whole new meaning for him.

good news gents! he won't be able to procreate, that's one less retard off the world gene pool.

lhin:
good news gents! he won't be able to procreate, that's one less retard off the world gene pool.

Heh, this is the first thing I thought.

Brad Shepard:
what in the hell! First a DS, now a Pillow that most likley has a hole in it, whats next?

At least eh D.S had an A.I. I mean, a pillow isn't much in the way of a conversationalist now is it?

Lullabye:

lhin:

Heh, this is the first thing I thought.

Brad Shepard:

At least eh D.S had an A.I. I mean, a pillow isn't much in the way of a conversationalist now is it?

ok... you have a point, i just want to see the DS guy's DS die in the middle of... somthing, he will have a heart attack.

I'm thinking that "losing my faith in humanity" every time someone from the far east does something we regard as completely insane and losing faith in humanity-worthy might be a big waste of time and effort. Clearly we can't measure their actions with our standards, so the appropriate response according to me is this:

*Points and laughs.*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or