Bethesda has fixed performance issues in the PS4 version of Fallout 4’s Far Harbor DLC, but you have to download the whole thing again.
Ever since Bethesda launched the Far Harbor DLC for the PS4 version of Fallout 4, it has had some performance problems. To its credit, Bethesda took note of the issue, and submitted a patch to fix it. Unfortunately, instead of that patch, what we ended up with was a re-released version of the entire add-on.
Bethesda has detailed the steps that players should take to acquire the updated version of the DLC as follows:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
The company also said that if these steps don’t work for you, you’ll need to delete the game and all add-on content, then re-install from scratch.
It’s nice to see Bethesda addressing the issues in the PS4 version of the DLC, but it’s a shame they couldn’t do so in a way that didn’t force players to have to re-download the whole thing. Luckily, it’s only 3 GB, so it shouldn’t be that onerous a task.