A monster haunts the empty hallways of the school. In this nightmarish Outlast 2 interlude, you’ll get your first glimpse at a terrifying creature. Here’s what you’ll need to do to escape the dream.
The final dream sequence in Chapter 1: Genesis introduces Blake to a jawless demon that wants nothing more than to jumpscare unsuspecting players.
It isn’t always clear how to proceed in this dimly lit parochial school, and if you want to find the exit pronto, we’ve got the straightforward directions you’ll need.
Survive the opening hours with The Escapist’s Outlast 2 Beginner’s Guide, with 11 tips to help you escape the citizens of Temple Gate.
Table of Contents
- Genesis Pt. 1: The Nightmare
- Genesis Pt. 2: The Crash
- Genesis Pt. 3: The Compound
- Genesis Pt. 4: Saint Sybil School
- Genesis Pt. 5: The Fields
- Genesis Pt. 6: Heretic Cave
- Genesis Pt. 7: Temple Gate Town Square
- Genesis Pt. 8: Jessica’s Death
- Genesis Pt. 9: The Chapel
- Genesis Pt. 10: The Road to the Mine
- Genesis Pt. 11: Inner Demon
- Chapter 2: Job
- Chapter 3: Lamentations
- Chapter 4: Judges
- Chapter 5: Leviticus
- Chapter 6: Revelations
Genesis Pt. 11: Inner Demon
Record the image scribbled on the wall if you’re looking for Blake’s insights. Apparently, you’ve been dropped into the school before the suicide. Go through the door on the left, and enter the second door on the left in the pitch-black hallway. In the classroom, collect the hangman game from the desk – this is just the first part. There’s a second part you’ll need to get, too.
Next, go down the door on the right side of the graffiti and enter the room with the projector. Place the clear slide on the projector, then move it left. Switch to the back of the projector and move it forward until the letters properly line up to spell “Unforgiveable”.
Return to the center of the school dream, where the scribbles on the wall first appeared. You’ll find a new door that leads to the exit. Too bad there’s no way out of this dream – the lockers will bang together and the screen will distort. Continue moving back and forth down the hall until a frightening, jawless creature attacks!
There’s nothing you can do here. After it scurries away, find the new door that appears in the hallway and enter the office. The vent cover is banging around on the floor – use the wheeled cart to create a platform so you can jump up and into the vents.
Keep crawling and you’ll find a way out! Even when the slobbering tongue demon tries to stop you…
Find the next part of our Outlast 2 walkthrough in the Table of Contents above.
Find more Outlast 2 guides on The Escapist:
- Outlast 2: All Recordings Guide – Chapter 1: Genesis
- Outlast 2: All Recordings Guide – Chapter 2: Job
- Outlast 2: All Recordings Guide – Chapter 3: Lamentations
- Outlast 2: All Recordings Guide – Chapter 4: Judges
- Outlast 2: All Recordings Guide – Chapter 5: Leviticus
- Outlast 2: All Recordings Guide – Chapter 6: Revelations